Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 10:25 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times

Advertisements

That probably wouldnt happen again., or at least I hope not. Its a shame some folks vote for the same reasons over and over again to see nothing change. Oh well.

Side note: I thought Orange went red, but I couldnt remember. I live in Seminole Co which always will go RED.

Sorry didn't mean to go off topic... back to "why FL sucks"...

Last edited by StreetSmarts; 08-11-2013 at 10:34 AM..

Old 08-11-2013, 06:12 PM

116 posts, read 226,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcsligar View Post
I have been to the four major cities in FL (Miami/Jax/Orlando/Tampa) and am not particularly enamored by any of them. Yes, my specific county is especially lacking in amenities and redeeming factors, but as a whole there are many other states I would rather live in to advance my career. I am generally not a "slow pace of life" type person.

Rcsligar,

Have you actually visited Seattle?

FYI the sun doesn't come out from Nov - May and it's a light drizzle most of the time.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:31 PM

895 posts, read 1,703,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT97 View Post
Rcsligar,

Have you actually visited Seattle?

FYI the sun doesn't come out from Nov - May and it's a light drizzle most of the time.
I am moving there for school, obviously I have visited...

Old 08-11-2013, 08:06 PM

35 posts, read 55,072 times
This guy, the original author of the initial post reminds me of my 11 year old. Thinks he knows everything there is to know about...........well everything. The reality is, he's pretty clueless. Some of the statements he made are just flat out ignorant. He says Florida residents are ignorant and uneducated, well he's proving his statement correct with every word in his initial post. College is only part of the equation pal, your real education comes from life. College is just a very small part of the total picture. I know some successful people that have no college to speak of that are clearly head and shoulders above you when it comes to common sense, and smarts. You should really be careful what you say when you clearly have very little experience of what it's like to live in the real world. Working 18 hour days repeatedly, getting laid off, being forced to live in an area you don't care for, family problems, problems with your kids. You have no experience in life dude. Even if you got a PhD, you're still uneducated in my book. I suggest you get out there and live a little bit prior to getting on here and shooting your mouth off. Just sayin'

Old 08-11-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeberlien View Post
This guy, the original author of the initial post reminds me of my 11 year old. Thinks he knows everything there is to know about...........well everything. The reality is, he's pretty clueless. Some of the statements he made are just flat out ignorant. He says Florida residents are ignorant and uneducated, well he's proving his statement correct with every word in his initial post. College is only part of the equation pal, your real education comes from life. College is just a very small part of the total picture. I know some successful people that have no college to speak of that are clearly head and shoulders above you when it comes to common sense, and smarts. You should really be careful what you say when you clearly have very little experience of what it's like to live in the real world. Working 18 hour days repeatedly, getting laid off, being forced to live in an area you don't care for, family problems, problems with your kids. You have no experience in life dude. Even if you got a PhD, you're still uneducated in my book. I suggest you get out there and live a little bit prior to getting on here and shooting your mouth off. Just sayin'
I am an avid supporter of the claim that "experience is the best teacher." Nowhere in my post did I imply that having a degree equates to being a supremely educated and well rounded human being. Sure, I have not experienced some of the nitty gritty aspects of conventional life, but I do make an effort to be civilly engaged by educating myself on national/international politics, and paying attention to the general hardships people face internationally. I am going into international journalism and intend to engage philanthropically in my line of work. I don't mean to toot my own horn by any means but I don't appreciate you putting words in my mouth and attempting to infantilize me by making such a ridiculous comparison. You don't know how I conduct myself and have overreacted to this post a bit. I simply have a negative opinion of Florida and the general lifestyle, but it is fine that you do not and it is none of my business. I opened this thread to encourage a logical debate, not finger pointing.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:28 PM

35 posts, read 55,072 times
Well, thanks for that pal, spoken like a true "know it all". Used big words and everything, hahahaha. I didn't put words in your mouth pup, you did that all by yourself. Like I said, bow out gracefully. Come back when you have some real experience under your belt.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeberlien View Post
Well, thanks for that pal, spoken like a true "know it all". Used big words and everything, hahahaha. I didn't put words in your mouth pup, you did that all by yourself. Like I said, bow out gracefully. Come back when you have some real experience under your belt.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:59 PM

16 posts, read 24,848 times
I can say that every major problem that I have had in my life is a result of my lack of education or the ignorance of people that I surround myself with, for this reason I am a big proponent of education at all levels and also because I have an idealist notion that education can solve all the world problems.

Eeberlin, I’m going to go out on an limb and say that if your 11 yr old dedicated a portion of his/her life to work hard and achieve a PhD, you’re not going to look at your child and say “You’re still uneducated in my book” because you are not that type of parent. I hope I’m not wrong.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:18 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,998,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcsligar View Post
I can have an opinion that altruism is superior to hedonism.
Which, with a little success, will evolve into altuistic hedonism...

Old 08-12-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFloridaMan... View Post
I can say that every major problem that I have had in my life is a result of my lack of education or the ignorance of people that I surround myself with, for this reason I am a big proponent of education at all levels and also because I have an idealist notion that education can solve all the world problems.

Eeberlin, I’m going to go out on an limb and say that if your 11 yr old dedicated a portion of his/her life to work hard and achieve a PhD, you’re not going to look at your child and say “You’re still uneducated in my book” because you are not that type of parent. I hope I’m not wrong.
Amen, I also believe that his apparent family/economic problems would be less prevalent if he were educated..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida