Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 05:45 AM

641 posts, read 1,020,682 times

Advertisements

Let me get this out of the way first: Yes, there is road rage "up nawth" or in other other cities across the country, but Florida seems to be a mecca for this stuff. In addition, if you confront somebody or if someone hits your car and try to get insurance info they will shoot you. Why dont all the crazy idiots just stay up north so we can enjoy OUR state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 08:07 AM

5,019 posts, read 7,224,561 times
I don't know if it's a guarantee that you'll get shot after a fender bender or asking to exchange insurance info, but the precedent has been set and the possibility is definitely higher since SYG was passed.

Old 08-03-2013, 08:39 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,046 times
People cannot drive here, they do not bother to even use the indicator when making lane changes....the list goes on, worst place I ever lived by far for moronic behavior on the roads. Also a lot of hot heads, hurry up get out of my way I'm riding your ass types who do not care that gas is nearly $4/gallon. I have plenty of HP at my disposal more than the average car..a lot more... but I do not drive my car on the road like I'm racing, it's so funny to see these idiots at the lights slam down the throttle in some ill attempt to race you to the next light or to get ahead of you, only to pass them 30 seconds later when they are sitting in traffic....

Back in 2008, South Florida was named the Road Rage Capital of the US...can't say if that still stands while Road Rage in general exists all over, from my experience South Florida takes the cake...

South Florida called 'road rage capital' of U.S. » TCPalm.com

South Florida Daily Blog: A South Florida Road Rage Story

Boca Raton road rage: Ralph B. Jacobsohn pleads guilty to 2012 ag assault - southflorida.com

Florida's Road Rage Epidemic

MMA fighter involved in road rage | www.palmbeachpost.com

Old 08-03-2013, 08:54 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3311 View Post
Why dont all the crazy idiots just stay up north so we can enjoy OUR state.
Implying that anyone in Florida from up north and has relocated to Florida is a crazy idiot .Thats some weird logic red is this personal opinion or based on some credible source.
Also the term "OUR state" means that Florida only belongs to just you and your pals?

Old 08-03-2013, 08:59 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,951 times
The problem with some Florida drivers is that they do 40 miles per hour -either on the highway or in the parking lot.

The comment about SYG being behind road rage is just dumb.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:27 AM

27,214 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Implying that anyone in Florida from up north and has relocated to Florida is a crazy idiot .Thats some weird logic red is this personal opinion or based on some credible source.
Also the term "OUR state" means that Florida only belongs to just you and your pals?
I agree. Oddly enough the non-yielding of the left lane while driving at or under the speed limit, merging onto highways at 40 mph and optional use of turn signals seem to be more Florida-centric habits I haven't encountered in the five other states and numerous others I have driving experience in...

Old 08-03-2013, 10:49 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,998,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3311 View Post
Why dont all the crazy idiots just stay up north so we can enjoy OUR state.
Just pretend you're a Native American and we're the first Europeans you've seen. Don't worry, everything will work out...

Old 08-04-2013, 06:17 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,322,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
The problem with some Florida drivers is that they do 40 miles per hour -either on the highway or in the parking lot.

The comment about SYG being behind road rage is just dumb.
Or they do 100 mph and those two groups of people fight over the left lane on the interstate

Old 08-05-2013, 06:52 AM

5,021 posts, read 7,449,403 times
I drove back and forth twice this spring/summer from up north back down to South Florida...Honestly... it seems once people cross the state line into Florida, it's game over as far as being reasonable/responsible drivers.. it's noticeable just crossing the state line and even worse once you hit Orlando.
What IS that?

Old 08-05-2013, 07:51 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,242 times
Florida is terrible for driving because we have a large number of tourists and elderly, both of whom do not know or forgot how to drive.

Tourists cross over 2 or 3 lanes to get off an exit before passing it, elderly go 40 mph on the interstate. Both together are a disaster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida