Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 06:17 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times

Advertisements

If you have a issue with South Florida there is always I-95 North. Apparently 5.5 million residents and millions of tourists like it enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 07:26 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,916,759 times
Not bashing here... just giving an honest opinion... not to offend...

I'd hate to agree, 5.5M is a large number. BUT... I just dont think that the quality of ppl is necessarily there. The people that are attracted to places like Miami are in many cases from places that are a dump, whether it be in the US or another country.

I think there are a lot of wannabees in South FL. Ppl that arent wealthy, but they act like it or want to be perceived as wealthy. Crime and road rage are a major issue, as well as very arrogant, rude, entitled attitudes.

A lot of weirdos seem to be drawn to South FL, and to me, a place that ppl (like I am mentioning above) are drawn to a certain place, it's just not a place that seems that enticing to me. I mean, if I lived in Charlotte or Raleigh, or Austin TX, what would entice me to leave there for a place like South FL, unless I was a BIG beach enthusiast? What in Miami is going to better my life over a place like Charlotte or Austin (I just picked those 2 cities for the heck of it)?

Old 11-21-2013, 11:09 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times
^ really? I currently live in Orlando and the amount of nutcases up here including criminals is amazing for a metro of 2 million. I never thought I would see the amount of crime up which is comparable to Miami's.
We had a road rage incident this week on Int'l. Drive near Disney that resulted in a shooting , a ATM was ripped out from a Chase bank yesterday using a back hoe & a dump truck. Let's not start with the amount of sexual offenders and the likes of Casey Anthony & Zimmermann.
I'm looking forward to moving back to south Florida.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:33 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,896,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
^ really? I currently live in Orlando and the amount of nutcases up here including criminals is amazing for a metro of 2 million. I never thought I would see the amount of crime up which is comparable to Miami's.
We had a road rage incident this week on Int'l. Drive near Disney that resulted in a shooting , a ATM was ripped out from a Chase bank yesterday using a back hoe & a dump truck. Let's not start with the amount of sexual offenders and the likes of Casey Anthony & Zimmermann.
He mentioned Charlotte and Austin,not Orlando which has a lot of areas just as bad or worse than Miami.But overall I agree with ComSense,Miami is junk.I live in Miami and the first chance I get to leave I'm out.As far as Orlando I would definitely move there but only to one of the better neighborhoods.When I talk to people about Miami I usually stick to the positives and say that it's not the worst place to live which is true,but a place can be not the worst place to live and still be junk and full of junky people which is very true about Miami!!

Old 11-22-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post

I dont disagree. I think unfortunately that Orlando isn't far behind. A lot of people that are attracted to S FL also move to Orlando. It didn't used to be like this here in Orlando. Thank goodness for places like Oviedo, Lake Mary and Winter Springs. I'm not a fan of Orange Co really at all.

Old 11-22-2013, 05:46 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
I dont disagree. I think unfortunately that Orlando isn't far behind. A lot of people that are attracted to S FL also move to Orlando. It didn't used to be like this here in Orlando. Thank goodness for places like Oviedo, Lake Mary and Winter Springs. I'm not a fan of Orange Co really at all.
Yeah.... Orlando seems to be importing more of those aggressive south Fl drivers too

Old 11-22-2013, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Yeah.... Orlando seems to be importing more of those aggressive south Fl drivers too
Ugh, tell me about it. I hate driving in some areas around Orlando. Same people doing the same stuff.

Just like in South FL, same type of arrogant driving and carelessness from the same people that are attracted to places like South FL.

My biggest beef with Orlando is the character of many. I am not bashing, but the type of people here are not of the same quality as places like Atlanta, Greenville, Greensboro, Charlotte, Raleigh, Jacksonville, etc. It's clearly because some areas (SFL and Orlando) attract more of these folks than other cities. I know Greenville and Raleigh arent as big as Orlando, but I'm talking on a per capita basis, not total numbers.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:04 AM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
I am a native and as a native I love my Miami and my Floridahh!- what I see is the northern & MID westerners want FL to be changed to the foothills and dessert of their towns and it is not going to happen!!. NY is as Miami and guess what ? every nationality in the world lives in NY, and so does S-FL- so it is NOT them complaining. iTs the rest,,, The cities in my state are multicultural- multi-ethnic with multi- languages,,,great people! Crime in very darn city in this great USA... but that is not the majority of people who live in them... We do not go to Knoxville, Tn, to bash 'em or Tupelo, MS or even Topke KS to tell you how to run your town... like N. Yorkers -would say BUTT OUT- and don't even think of going to CA to tell them what's what... the USA is huge - so-go find you own nook where you will be happy-- Floridians love their state, AS IS.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I am a native and as a native I love my Miami and my Floridahh!- what I see is the northern & MID westerners want FL to be changed to the foothills and dessert of their towns and it is not going to happen!!. NY is as Miami and guess what ? every nationality in the world lives in NY, and so does S-FL- so it is NOT them complaining. iTs the rest,,, The cities in my state are multicultural- multi-ethnic with multi- languages,,,great people! Crime in very darn city in this great USA... but that is not the majority of people who live in them... We do not go to Knoxville, Tn, to bash 'em or Tupelo, MS or even Topke KS to tell you how to run your town... like N. Yorkers -would say BUTT OUT- and don't even think of going to CA to tell them what's what... the USA is huge - so-go find you own nook where you will be happy-- Floridians love their state, AS IS.
Places like Knoxville get great transplants - but folks that are trying to change things seem to be more attracted to places like South FL. Not that NY'ers or foreign ppl don't move to places like Knoxville, but I think places like Knoxville draw a certain demographic, which is very different from those who move to South FL. Knoxville probably likes it that way too, lol.

I disagree about what you said about "Floridians love their state, as is." I think most natives and long-time residents DO NOT like how many aspects of the state has changed.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:11 AM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Are you kidding me??- me and my 3 friends love it - LOL and you know why,,, because we created this, come on!! if you grow up "in it" you adjust re-adjust and so forth,,, now for the elderly...( long time residents) they don't like any change- period-- that's how you know you getting old! hahahaha- by the way I am a young 60... and the older bunch which I had posted about many times came from NY to Fla to have a BALL- the movie Cocoon really showed the mood of the old people (after the pool experience- of course). I know, I used to watch them in south beach... my dad ran hotels there. This NEW generation of old folks -don't know what generation they are- are nasty, closed minded, secluded, anti family (see 55+) bitter folks- and I have not clue where they came from, but are you sure they are natives??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida