Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 12:56 PM

35 posts, read 55,067 times

Advertisements

Wow. it seems I may have struck some nerves with this post, hahahahahaha :-)

Well for me it's pretty simple. We love Florida, the beaches, the ocean, all of it. My wife and I (and the kids) intend to come there and make a life for ourselves :-) I am not like the dude in the video in one of the early responses (although my wife and I did find it comical) :-) I have a good skills set, wifey has a good skills set. We will have money saved up prior to coming, we are educated, and we hope to have jobs lined up prior to coming. And finally it is our intention to contribute to the state in a positive way :-) To us Florida IS paradise, especially to my wife.

Make no mistake however, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I believe that whatever area strikes your fancy is where you should try and be :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 01:11 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,594,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
There's nothing wrong with that either. We all have different opinions. If you're interested in Hawaii I think you should visit first and research what island you want to live on. I've been to two, only Oahu (where my plane flew in) and The Big Island so I can't comment on the others.

Good luck!
No...not moving there, been there a few times truly a scenic paradise with nice mountains and surfing but not some place I could live full time.

Old 08-22-2013, 06:09 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,501,943 times
Just saw the video at the beginning of this thread - oh my God - I fell off my seat laughing - so true!

Old 08-22-2013, 06:39 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by limehousemiller View Post
Dude, Utah is a really horrible place to live, you should like move to Florida right away. Even lame places like Tampa or Orlando would be way better than Utah.

Peace.
Most of the people over on the Utah forum love it (and at least half of them are non-Mormons out-of-state transplants). How long did you live there, limehousemiller?

Old 08-23-2013, 01:58 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
Just saw the video at the beginning of this thread - oh my God - I fell off my seat laughing - so true!
Finally watched it, Pretty much nails it ..

Old 08-23-2013, 04:23 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,619,791 times
Well I'm moving next weekend from Florida-there is good and bad in every state but for me I may visit but I'll never live here again. It has been culture shock from day one.

The good things in Florida are the beaches (even though I only went twice), always something to do, the food, the amazing wildlife, and the Rays!

However, three things in Florida that I can say in my opinion will always drag it down. The crime, the lack of good paying jobs, and racism.

So I suggest you thoroughly research before making a decision and make sure you secure employment before you move

Old 08-23-2013, 04:58 PM

3,418 posts, read 7,787,713 times
Glad everyone liked my video!

Old 08-23-2013, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Well I'm moving next weekend from Florida-there is good and bad in every state but for me I may visit but I'll never live here again. It has been culture shock from day one.

The good things in Florida are the beaches (even though I only went twice), always something to do, the food, the amazing wildlife, and the Rays!

However, three things in Florida that I can say in my opinion will always drag it down. The crime, the lack of good paying jobs, and racism.

So I suggest you thoroughly research before making a decision and make sure you secure employment before you move
Spot on, glad you speak the truth and what others keep denying is a fact...best of luck to you wherever you end up.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
Glad everyone liked my video!
Was a great video, too bad that site is not around anymore would have been useful to create a few of the Positive Patty's that frequent this board...

Old 08-23-2013, 07:57 PM

192 posts, read 375,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
This was great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida