Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 01:36 PM

55 posts, read 154,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeDatSunshineState View Post
To the OP,

Dont listen to the people on here bashing florida. Everyday is the same old story with them. They love to hate on florida and are quite clear in showing their dislike for Florida. Most of them haven't lived anywhere other than Florida, so they have no idea what its like elsewhere. Personally, I've been all up and down the east coast of florida and Palm Coast seems like a decent fit. Vero Beach would also be another one to look at, and its pretty central to West Palm and Orlando.

To all the negative people,

Why can't you just answer the question?! The OP didn't state why they wanted to go to Florida, they didnt ask to see that stupid "mock interview" video, etc etc... If you dont want to answer the question, then dont respond, its that easy! I'm so sick of everyone bashing on florida! If Florida is so bad, get up and leave! Stop complaining all day and go somewhere else. Go see if the grass is greener everywhere else.
We moved a year ago from Fairfield, to Palm Coast. We love it here!!
I'm in healthcare so it was easy to find a job for me. My kids quickly settled into school here and I really expected to be disappointed with the schools but I'm not! The kids are challenged here academically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 10:28 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,892,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
I don't know why people are suggesting Jacksonville, it has the highest murder rate in Florida! But there are of course good parts of the city that are safer.

My personal recommendation is to check out St. Augustine
. I moved here from Jacksonville, it's a very laid back and historical city, very beautiful. It's got a lot of small town like feeling to it, it's also very touristy (but all of Florida is, don't move here if you don't like them) Crime is rare, it does exist like all places as every place has crime obviously, but violent crime is very low.
No it doesn't. Not even close.

The rate is the same as Tampa and St Petersburg to name two (but the overall crime index is a couple hundred points worse in St. P). Miami, Sarasota, Orlando and WPB are double the Jax murder rate and bad crime indexes. Just for starters. We won't even talk about the places around Miami and Palm Beach County that are 3 times worse than Jax. Uh FLORIDA CITY, Homestead, Mangonia Park, Rivera Beach? People won't even drive THROUGH Riviera Beach during the daytime. And while the murder rate is slightly lower in Ft Lauderdale and Tallahassee (just to name two), the overall crime index is HIGHER. Ditto Pensacola

You realize the data is here, on City DATA, right? I could keep looking up places all night long that prove your statement to be invalid.

BTW, HAHAHAHA The current City Data year shows St Augustine has a HIGHER murder rate per 100,000 than JACKSONVILLE, TOO. And the crime rate is only just slightly lower. 365 versus 407

Yes it was only two murders but that's how much smaller St A is than JAX.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 09-28-2013 at 11:17 PM..

Old 09-29-2013, 02:57 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,372,728 times
To the op - Weston or Parkland, fl - broward county. You won't go wrong.

Dnvrsoul - priceless video. I also love how people want to move here except where it's not so humid. What???

Old 12-29-2013, 05:30 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,439,567 times
Default Happy New Year!!

Some of you people just love to argue don't you? Wow!! State your opinion and leave it alone, if someone values it, normally they'll say thanks. And if not, you won't hear from them again.....end of story. Why do you people argue so much? No one individual OWNS FL.....people can move where they darn well please, right? I mean this is 2013, damn near 2014, right? Can't we all just get along? Or, at least play nice? People....it's not that serious!! Okay?

Old 12-29-2013, 07:12 PM

109 posts, read 143,750 times
For what it is worth I have been in Florida for 5 years and love it.

Sad that some just dont see the piles of good things about Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida