Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support gay marriage?
Yes, I support gay marriage. 67 70.53%
No, I am opposed to it. 24 25.26%
Neither, I support civil unions. 4 4.21%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 01:55 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,925,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I am not attracted to members of my same sex and I voted for it. I don't feel I need to belong to a certain group to vote on an issue. I vote based on my own values and morals which are probably very different from yours.
I also live in Florida and, if it were one of the (too many) Amendments on the ballot in 2012, I probably would have voted for it, depending on how it was written. Many of the Amendments in Nov were written in double-talk. In fact, I can't even remember most of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013, 02:12 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,883,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigtnelson View Post
"Gov/liberals" aren't the ones behind this. Intelligent people are. And nobody's "forcing" anything upon you. That the tendency to favor the idea comes from liberals is merely a coincidence backed by the fact that liberals tend to be more open minded. However, people of all shapes, sizes, colors, creeds, political affiliations, and even RELIGIONS support the idea; the smart ones, anyhow.

Nobody is looking down upon the traditional coupling of a man and a woman. It sounds like you have a persecution complex (or you're just a run of the mill small minded homophobe). In either case, I pity you. Who the hell are you to tell anyone they can't marry because of sexual orientation? Do gay people tell you that you're not allowed to be uneducated? Apparently not.
Its kind of lie telling your teenager don't smoke. People will do what people will do. I do not like the ideal. On the hand its not up to me tell these same folks who to Marry, after all these are adults.

Its called Free Will.

I am not Homophobic at all. Its more to me a "Fallen Life Style" that has been glamorized from the Days from Rome Empire to Movies and now the so called Reality Show". The ideal that Liberal are this open minded well educated, know it all is not exactly right either.
Some of Elite Liberals hate(not all) anything that is about God, conservative ideas or people who are different ideals than themselves.. I find them to be sobs!
Look who was in the Seattle Riots and the Liberal sit ins of recent memory. Destroying Public Property and making small business owners loss money because of these sit ins.

This idea that public school is the cure all to our public education is Fallen Wisdom. We as tax payers pump billions of dollars in to the system and we still struggle to produce over well educated child/adults.
School choice is the Key to Success.
The Charter inner schools model/ private education has proven correct on getting those kids on the right path to be responsible adults
Now if you model the public school systems with the same platform and get the teachers unions out of the way . The Public School System could come back. Focus on education , not life styles.

Society , the will of man, will legalize lifestyles and call legal. That's fine for the short haul.

But looking to force Christians to accept this Fallen life Style ( Same Sex Marriage) is not going to get traction . Its a sin on so many levels.
These same Groups may sue their way to make some sort of equality and that's the danger of it all.

If same Sex Couples want to marry that is their business. If Law makers make it legal that is will of the voters. But still to many is not a preferred life style.

Old 09-02-2013, 02:15 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,925,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
In deed our world is changing.
Yes, indeed it is. When I was born, we didn't even have color TV!

Quote:
Its funny on how gov/ liberals is trying to force the rest to us to accept this as a normal.
Do you realize that in the 19th century blue eyes were very common in the United States? It's estimated that about 80% of people living here in 1890 had blue eyes. Now blue eyes are becoming rare and less than 1 in 6 people have them. So now that it's not "normal" to have blue eyes, do you think their rights should be trampled upon?
Quote:
In the big picture there must be only 2% of the population that practice GL lifestyle?
I'm not sure what difference this makes. Out of approximately 7.2 billion humans in the word, the Jewish population is less than 2 tenths of a percent. (about 1.8% in the U.S.) Does that mean they're all sinners and should not be recognized as United States citizens with equal rights under the law?

Old 09-02-2013, 02:19 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,560,294 times
Quote:
I am truly amazed how many people support the concept. In deed our world is changing. If this concept gets to be a ideal of man, going forward G/L will not be a protected class?

The other important thing is this is a free country and I will not support the word Married in same sex meaning.
Its funny on how gov/ liberals is trying to force the rest to us to accept this as a normal. Dedicated Man and wife couple is looked down on , when this should be a celebration of life..
Some public schools have classed on "sensitively classes" which is mandatory. These groups are suing Churches for being "Not Fair" on God's Word. Churches are also being sued for having consulting to those who no longer wish to pursue the LL life style.

There is something wrong when one has to sue anyone to force acceptance of a life style that is so opposite of traditional marriage. Our Kids get indoctrinated in Public School.

Why do you think there are those who oppose Private School/ Charter and or home schooling?

In the big picture there must be only 2% of the population that practice GL lifestyle?
What if I don't believe in your God or Jesus? To me the word "marriage" means a Union of two people who love and are committed to each other. You do realize that many Gay people are very religious as well and the word marriage has a lot of meaning to them. How you like instead of you being called "married" your relationship was called " Civil Unionized"?
It's just another way of stratification of our society by making Gays appear to look different than others in a negative way. By the way Gays are estimated to make up 10% of the General population not 2%.

As for your assumption that Dedicated Man and wife couple is looked down on that simply is not true since heterosexual couples are already doing that to themselves with your 50% Divorce rate in the US!

Old 09-02-2013, 02:19 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,654,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Yes, indeed it is. When I was born, we didn't even have color TV!

Do you realize that in the 19th century blue eyes were very common in the United States? It's estimated that about 80% of citizens in 1900 had blue eyes. Now blue eyes are becoming rare and less than 1 in 6 people have them. So now that it's not "normal" to have blue eyes, do you think their rights should be trampled upon?
I'm not sure what difference this makes. Out of approximately 7.2 billion humans in the word, the Jewish population is less than 2 tenths of a percent. Does that mean they're all sinners and should not be recognized as United States citizens with equal rights under the law?
Amen. It really shouldn't matter what the size of a group is (If it doesn't really affect others, which this doesn't).

Old 09-02-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
I think you're being forced to tolerate things, not accept them as normal; you can still think as you wish even if you can't act as you wish. I think that forcing people to tolerate (or not tolerate) certain things is a legitimate role of government. And in a representative democracy those who gather the most votes generally decide what those things well be. So we'll see how it goes.

Good point and to the point!

Old 09-02-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
What if I don't believe in your God or Jesus? To me the word "marriage" means a Union of two people who love and are committed to each other. You do realize that many Gay people are very religious as well and the word marriage has a lot of meaning to them. How you like instead of you being called "married" your relationship was called " Civil Unionized"?
It's just another way of stratification of our society by making Gays appear to look different than others in a negative way. By the way Gays are estimated to make up 10% of the General population not 2%.

As for your assumption that Dedicated Man and wife couple is looked down on that simply is not true since heterosexual couples are already doing that to themselves with your 50% Divorce rate in the US!
Then you would have bigger problems.

The context of this thread is :
Do You Approve of Same Sex marriage?

My answer is NO.

But if Society makes legal and have in what 14 states now (not sure of that number) Same Sex Couples are free to engage.

The Flip side to you divorce rate is correct. I have been thru it and its truly not a good thing for anyone.
Marriage is hard work. My wife and I do not agree on everything. You know "she's suborn and I am pig headed" But we pull together and the Good lord has Blessed us and Made us Stronger.

Marriage is hard work. You got to be in for the long term. Young People at least the new age think life is one free thing after anther. Simply not true. If a marriage has a good foundation it can withstand a Earth Quack.

That's why in some cases this new age stuff / same sex couples is so attractive. But these same sex coulples will understand that life and marriage is not a bowl of cherries and in the same cases you same problems as straight couples.
So where did that get you?

Old 09-02-2013, 04:18 PM

443 posts, read 558,452 times
Quote:
Its kind of lie telling your teenager don't smoke. People will do what people will do. I do not like the ideal. On the hand its not up to me tell these same folks who to Marry, after all these are adults.

Its called Free Will.

I am not Homophobic at all. Its more to me a "Fallen Life Style" that has been glamorized from the Days from Rome Empire to Movies and now the so called Reality Show". The ideal that Liberal are this open minded well educated, know it all is not exactly right either.
Some of Elite Liberals hate(not all) anything that is about God, conservative ideas or people who are different ideals than themselves.. I find them to be sobs!
Look who was in the Seattle Riots and the Liberal sit ins of recent memory. Destroying Public Property and making small business owners loss money because of these sit ins.

This idea that public school is the cure all to our public education is Fallen Wisdom. We as tax payers pump billions of dollars in to the system and we still struggle to produce over well educated child/adults.
School choice is the Key to Success.
The Charter inner schools model/ private education has proven correct on getting those kids on the right path to be responsible adults
Now if you model the public school systems with the same platform and get the teachers unions out of the way . The Public School System could come back. Focus on education , not life styles.

Society , the will of man, will legalize lifestyles and call legal. That's fine for the short haul.

But looking to force Christians to accept this Fallen life Style ( Same Sex Marriage) is not going to get traction . Its a sin on so many levels.
These same Groups may sue their way to make some sort of equality and that's the danger of it all.

If same Sex Couples want to marry that is their business. If Law makers make it legal that is will of the voters. But still to many is not a preferred life style.
lol. Nobody's asking you to prefer it. Just stop trampling on the rights of others because of your religious beliefs. I know, I know... that's pretty much what religion has been all about through history. Try and go against the grain.

Old 09-02-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigtnelson View Post
lol. Nobody's asking you to prefer it. Just stop trampling on the rights of others because of your religious beliefs. I know, I know... that's pretty much what religion has been all about through history. Try and go against the grain.
Like I said. I do not approve of this practice and its defiantly not the betterment society.

But if the voters approve it and it passes so be it. If same sex couples have a document saying its marriage, what ever. Go to city hall .

Rights and benefits probably are correct, tax issues and other legal rights of married couples on board with that.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:05 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,003,070 times
Quote:
Like I said. I do not approve of this practice and its defiantly not the betterment society.

But if the voters approve it and it passes so be it. If same sex couples have a document saying its marriage, what ever. Go to city hall .

Rights and benefits probably are correct, tax issues and other legal rights of married couples on board with that.
Separation of Church and State. No one, not one single person has every said that gays should be allowed to be married in the church, synagogue, or mosque. The only thing they want is the same freaking rights straight people have. We are discrimating them for no good reason. The government can't force the church or any other religion to marry them. But they should be allowed the same rights and go to city hall and get that piece of paper which says MARRIAGE. No one is saying the church needs to allow it. That would be illegal. No one can force the church to do what it doesn't want.

FYI: never have voted for a democrat in my life and I am planning on keeping it that way. But it's people like you who are bringing down the Republican Party and if the Republicans like me of my generation don't start taking over soon, our party is done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida