Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 07:15 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,335,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
to be quite honest, I dont care for when the cool weather comes to FL.
I chose to live in FL because it's nice and hot the majority of the year. I mean a day of two of low to mid 80s is fine but anything less than that? No thanks.
Nice doesn't equal hot. I find Florida's temperatures to be unbearable. Especially by this time of the year after I have been living in mid 90s temps for six months. I'm reading online that cool weather will arrive earlier this year because of how rainy it has been and I am thrilled!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 07:25 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,690,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Nice doesn't equal hot. I find Florida's temperatures to be unbearable. Especially by this time of the year after I have been living in mid 90s temps for six months. I'm reading online that cool weather will arrive earlier this year because of how rainy it has been and I am thrilled!
lol, ok.
Well, I'm not sure where in FL you live, but I live just south of fort lauderdale in Hollywood and I have noticed the air is less "heavy" feeling has the humidity as dropped, but the temps are still in the upper 80s.

Like in December and Jan when those cold fronts come through and temps drop into the 50s. I seriously bug out. I have no clothing for such extreme weather. And I dont plan on getting as I generally like wearing as little clothing as legally allowable.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:28 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,898,341 times
Quote:
Nice doesn't equal hot.
To some it does. That is why "some" people move to tropical climates. Because they like the heat.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
lol, ok.
Well, I'm not sure where in FL you live, but I live just south of fort lauderdale in Hollywood and I have noticed the air is less "heavy" feeling has the humidity as dropped, but the temps are still in the upper 80s.

Like in December and Jan when those cold fronts come through and temps drop into the 50s. I seriously bug out. I have no clothing for such extreme weather. And I dont plan on getting as I generally like wearing as little clothing as legally allowable.
I'm the opposite. I love dressing up in jeans and long sleeve stylish cloths. I actually booked a trip to Denver at the end of the month because I am so itching to get out of the heat. I have wanted out of Florida for as long as my mind remembers. I was unfortunately one of few people born into this state who has had no way out because of how bad the economy has been my entire adulthood.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
To some it does. That is why "some" people move to tropical climates. Because they like the heat.
I hate the heat. And I was born here. I blame my mother all the time for planting me here. lol.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:53 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,745,517 times
This morning was nice and cool in cutler bay or rather not as oppressive. This weekend should be nice with lower humidity and still warm enough for the pool.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:41 AM

663 posts, read 1,144,406 times
Quote:
I'm the opposite. I love dressing up in jeans and long sleeve stylish cloths. I actually booked a trip to Denver at the end of the month because I am so itching to get out of the heat. I have wanted out of Florida for as long as my mind remembers. I was unfortunately one of few people born into this state who has had no way out because of how bad the economy has been my entire adulthood.
I like dressing up too. As long as by dressing up, you mean putting on a tank top!

Old 10-11-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
I hate the heat. And I was born here. I blame my mother all the time for planting me here. lol.
Then you should consider moving. Life is too short to be somewhere uncomfortable. We realized that, so we moved to Florida as soon as we could. Greatest decision of where to live in our lives.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Then you should consider moving. Life is too short to be somewhere uncomfortable. We realized that, so we moved to Florida as soon as we could. Greatest decision of where to live in our lives.
I have attempted to move on several occasions. The terrible job market nationwide and limited finances has left me no choice but to move back after a few months after each attempt.

U6 Unemployment Rate | Portal Seven

Observe here, our nation's lovely economy for the past seven years (I just turned 26).

Old 10-11-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
I have attempted to move on several occasions. The terrible job market nationwide and limited finances has left me no choice but to move back after a few months after each attempt.

U6 Unemployment Rate | Portal Seven

Observe here, our nation's lovely economy for the past seven years (I just turned 26).
Yes, it is tough most places and you got to experience that for yourself. I am truly sorry for your struggles, but at least you keep trying. Never give up. Your experience should serve notice to others that other states have rough job markets as well. When I hear people on this forum complaining about the economy here and how much better it is in x, y or z state, I tell them to go to those forums and see just as many people complaining about how bad it is there also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida