Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 01:42 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Funny!

Yeah it is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 02:02 PM

10,229 posts, read 6,309,606 times
Yeah, all this endless PARADISE crap makes me want to vomit. "Another warm (80s) day in Paradise". "Aren't you happy you live in PARADISE?". NO. I didn't move here for Endless Summer. As my husband said, "I would have moved anywhere for a job". Unfortunately, it was Floriduha and not Ohio, Ma., Ct., Me., or even Ireland. To me any of those would have been better, but when you are in your late 50s and unemployed, well even "Paradise" is better than nothing.

We are now in our mid 60s. I am fortunate that I could quit my job, stay inside, and not have to enjoy your paradise. At my age, it WILL end, one way or another. I can accept that if I can never get out of here while alive, there will be an alternative in the not so distant future.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:04 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
The only place that's paradise is San Diego...every other place (to me) is just a stop over state...

Old 10-17-2013, 03:42 PM

57 posts, read 113,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3311 View Post
Hey guys OP here. This is my observation (hence the reason for the post). People will move here but keep their old license plates, stickers of where their from all over their car, talk to you about how great it was up there and overall just say things like "back home we did this and that....". Is your home not here now because you moved here? That part I never understood.

I notice alot of people from NY, Ohio, Detroit and Jersey will do this. Its like they want to reap the benefits of FL but have no pride in the state whatsoever because they aren't "from" here. Seriously bro where you came from was a ****hole or you wouldnt be here.

Secondly, FL and its culture, history and people are historically southern, deal with it.

I think alot of people from up north want to move to FL so the ones that actually do it think they are better than their norther counterparts (hence the bragging on CD forums).

I agree. The most offensive sentence in the English language is "Well, how we did it up North was...". People come down to enjoy a state different than the one they left and then seek to change it into the same hellhole they left. For example, South (coastal) Florida. Dirty, crowded, rude, abrasive, urban, and full of crime. Much the same as I found the Northeast to be on my one visit, except with worse weather.

Unfortunately I find parts of Central and North Florida going the same direction.

Also, while I'm &itching, what is it with the boca bimbos in BMW's taking up diesel pumps? Seriously, there are 10 other gasoline pumps and you're hogging the one I need.

Old 10-17-2013, 04:02 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
"Aren't you happy you live in PARADISE?"
Absolutely!

I count my blessing every single day.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:57 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,743,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-bolt View Post
People come down to enjoy a state different than the one they left and then seek to change it into the same hellhole they left.
Reconcile yourself to it, Americans have been doing that since the beginning. They go to a new place because of one or two benefits over their old place, like New Englanders on the 1830s going to Illinois for fertile and easily worked soil. But in Illinois they recreated New England social customs.

Many northerners come to Florida for the weather and the water, not because they like the state's social structure. That they want to recreate northern social customs is natural and fitting. It's what Americans do.

Old 10-18-2013, 05:51 AM

641 posts, read 1,020,269 times
LOL @ "Paradise".....have you ever been to Fiji? Even the Bahamas compared to FL is a real paradise...GTFO

But I guess if you are coming from a place like Cleveland or NY it anywhere else would be considered "paradise". LOL

Look I dont hate FL, but the unrealistic views on this forum are just too much.

Last edited by Red3311; 10-18-2013 at 06:10 AM..

Old 10-18-2013, 05:54 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
LOL @ "Paradise".....have you ever been to Fiji? Even the Bahamas compared to FL is a real paradise...GTFO
Paradise is different for different people. What one person does not like, another person may consider paradise. We all like different things. I am sure there are many places I could consider paradise, although not a one of them would be in the north or on the west coast.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:05 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,841,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Yeah, all this endless PARADISE crap makes me want to vomit. "Another warm (80s) day in Paradise". "Aren't you happy you live in PARADISE?". NO. I didn't move here for Endless Summer. As my husband said, "I would have moved anywhere for a job". Unfortunately, it was Floriduha and not Ohio, Ma., Ct., Me., or even Ireland. To me any of those would have been better, but when you are in your late 50s and unemployed, well even "Paradise" is better than nothing.

We are now in our mid 60s. I am fortunate that I could quit my job, stay inside, and not have to enjoy your paradise. At my age, it WILL end, one way or another. I can accept that if I can never get out of here while alive, there will be an alternative in the not so distant future.
This bright, cheery reminder is brought to you by the letter D, as in Depression, Death, and Disgust. And now, a word from our sponsors...

Old 10-18-2013, 02:29 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
The weather in the Bahamas is just as hot and humid as FL since its only 50 miles off our coast.

Fiji offers nothing special.

FL has it all.

Who has unrealistic views? What unrealistic views do you refer to? FL is so diverse. The northern part of the state is totally different than the southern part. Central FL is right in between both giving a mix of both.

Plus, being in FL you are still in the United States and not a foreign country where a military dictatorship is the form of government.

Quote:

N
But I guess if you are coming from a place like Cleveland or NY it anywhere else would be considered "paradise". LOL

Look I dont hate FL, but the unrealistic views on this forum are just too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida