Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 05:23 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Who are you people and why do you keep posting such nonsense? My example of Clearwater for instance does not entail living in unsafe/rough parts of town if utilizing public transit. I mean have you actually been in Clearwater??? My guess is no with such an asinine statement.
I live in Tampa and have numerous friends in Clearwater that I visit on a regular basis. It has never come across to me as being a public transit friendly town. If Tampa isn't, then why in the world would Clearwater be so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 05:38 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
There are a couple of beachside trailer parks on/off the beachside of Eau Gallie Blvd, between Satellite Beach/Indian Harbor Beach. At least one seems to be reasonably nice and secure; and is within easy walking distance of a couple shopping centers, grocery stores, a Walmart and the ocean/beach! ... Plus it is directly on a bus line.

The 'Lucky Clover RV and mobile home park' (645 Eau Gallie) seems to be in the right place, but, the name doesn't sound right(?) and I can't tell from the pictures if it is the one I'm thinking of.

(There are also some relatively nice, inexpensive apartments in the same area).

Old 12-04-2013, 06:42 AM

8 posts, read 24,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
There are a couple of beachside trailer parks on/off the beachside of Eau Gallie Blvd, between Satellite Beach/Indian Harbor Beach. At least one seems to be reasonably nice and secure; and is within easy walking distance of a couple shopping centers, grocery stores, a Walmart and the ocean/beach! ... Plus it is directly on a bus line.

The 'Lucky Clover RV and mobile home park' (645 Eau Gallie) seems to be in the right place, but, the name doesn't sound right(?) and I can't tell from the pictures if it is the one I'm thinking of.

(There are also some relatively nice, inexpensive apartments in the same area).

I'll check it out, thank you! I found one New Ranch Carefree Community 2291 Gulf Bay BLVD Clearwater that boasts being walking distance (.3 miles per Google) to Publix, Clearwater Mall and several places to eat, anyone know how this neighborhood is? I found their page on FB and it certainly doesn't look fancy but it seems like a reasonable place.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:50 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
I live in Tampa and have numerous friends in Clearwater that I visit on a regular basis. It has never come across to me as being a public transit friendly town. If Tampa isn't, then why in the world would Clearwater be so?
It has a larger, centralized base of senior citizens. The Top of The World complex alone is enough to keep them busy.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:02 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBinMA View Post
I'll check it out, thank you! I found one New Ranch Carefree Community 2291 Gulf Bay BLVD Clearwater that boasts being walking distance (.3 miles per Google) to Publix, Clearwater Mall and several places to eat, anyone know how this neighborhood is? I found their page on FB and it certainly doesn't look fancy but it seems like a reasonable place.
I know exactly where that it is and would say it's a great choice given how walkable everything is. It's a fairly low crime area and would imagine if proper precaution is taken (like most anywhere) the odds are fairly slim of becoming a victim. The neighboring Clearwater Mall is a bus terminal with two major bus lines (one that goes east-west through Clearwater on Gulf To Bay) and the main north-south route that travels US19 from the south end of St Petersburg clear up to Tarpon Springs.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:23 AM

2,054 posts, read 3,342,798 times
You're gonna be OK in South Daytona, where we are. Bus system is minimal but it's there, and there's limited late nite and Sunday service. S. Daytona is a safe, quiet, small city that's good to live in w/ grocery stores, pharmacies, etc. The bus goes right by our senior mobile home park. Nearly no one rides the bus here except the wife and I. The ridership could charitably be described as seniors, handicapped and pirates. They should just hoist the Jolly Roger and hand out muskets and sabers to people when they board. But I have some good headphones to drown out all the hollering about who has the meanest parole officer. It's like this in every city I've lived other than large ones, where "normal" people ride the bus. If you board during early morning work hours it's very pleasant. 20 bucks buys me a monthly senior pass. S. Daytona is right between Port Orange (Yankees from New Joisey and rednecks) and Daytona (pretty ghetto mainland side), but our bus goes both ways to get us to stuff we like. In a thrice, and taking 2 short bus rides, I can get to New Smyrna Beach, which I love. In 7 years when my wife gets early retirement we are selling our mobile home here and probably moving there to rent a place. It's slower and friendlier than any place I've been in FL (beach side is another story), and you aren't overwhelmed by old right wing snowbird retirees from Up North who really do not contribute anything, and are so tight w/ money that they do nothing for the economy while they're down here.

I also suspect the St. Pete/Clearwater area would work, but I ain't living in a trailer in the Gulf of Mexico for obvious reasons. Anywhere you go, unless you buy your own land, you'll need good credit, clean criminal background, etc before you can close a deal on a home. Prices run from $2,000 to $150,000. I'm talking about nice parks to live in, not dumps to hide out in.

Last edited by smarino; 12-12-2013 at 06:41 AM..

Old 12-12-2013, 10:37 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,940,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
And you're familiar with Clearwater's public transit how??? Clearwater/Pinellas County has quite reliable public transit and a large population that utilizes it daily. PSTA utilizes "real time" GPS features that allow computer/smart phone access to arrivals and departures and helps maintain accurate schedules.
Good for Clearwater, we don't even have this in Miami yet, here you have no idea where the bus is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida