Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 03:18 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,623,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Amazing. Another victim of numerous crimes. I'm here 7 years. No criminal activity affecting me. The only thing that went down is when the neighbors banded together and had the Sheriff clean out a house on the block that was loaded with low level drug dealers. One call and within a couple of weeks they served a search warrant on the house. Problem resolved. I never seen anyone dump trash in or around my neighborhood.

It's always those with hate in their minds and souls that seem to have all the problems in this state while everyone else is living and enjoying their lives. Just like the other people who spew hatred. They've been here for years but they are working on a plan to get out. Do it already. Save yourself and your family from the hell on earth in which you live.

You must listen to and watch Fox News and support Rush Limbaugh. You are stating the FDLE reports are fake. Prove it. Most of the country doesn't even know Spring Hill exists, so why would they publish fake statistics?

You need to learn that the whole world is not working against you even though the voices in your head say they are.

Just prove anything you have written with fact.

Do yourself a favor. Go away from here, far far away. Your hatred is eating you up. It is very bad for your health. In other words, MAN UP and stop being a sniveling POS for the first time in your apparently lousy life. Take you crummy attitude, get the guy from Michigan and both of you can go and find out what is really going on in the world.

By the way: If you intend to get ahead in the business world with your MBA, clean up your vennacular
or no one will take you seriously.

Oh, one more thing. Who is your connection in the HCSO? I know who mine is. He works right under the sheriff.

So two people have different experiences in Spring Hill and all you can do is tell them to leave and resort to personal attacks. Nice!

Old 12-17-2013, 03:19 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Tell me brand new poster. When did you realize all these problems you came up with?

What has keep you here 13 years into the 21st century?

It all didnt change last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolefan22 View Post
I moved down from Battle Creek Michigan back in 1979 and have lived in Spring Hill ever since. I retired from General Motors and moved to Spring Hill because I can remember taking long family vacations to the area back in the 1950's and 1960's with my parents. The place was awesome back then. There used to be this neat old Seminole village on 19 about where the Winn-Dixie stands now, and there were all kinds of little tourist areas all the way into Pasco. The best thing was the massive moss covered oaks along 19 and the lush green woods.

Compared to Michigan this was a tropical paradise, so when I was able to retire I moved down to Spring Hill.

I also remember the feather plucking contest you wrote about a few pages back. When I moved down with my wife and daughter we would always spend a day over at the old Tyson chicken plant that used to be situated over near where Anderson Snow Road sits today. I used to be able to raise pigs on my 2 acres of land in Spring Hill, and every Christmas and Easter we would pick out the fattest sow and take it over to the Werder Pig Farm that used to stretch from Barkley down to 41. Werder would slaughter it and charge us $50 and we would have a freezer full of bacon, ham, and pork chops.

I do remember the flap over the County forcibly shutting down the chicken farm and the pig farms. Some of the Commissioners received death threats from people in the area. I also remember that after the fact a special prosecutor with the State found evidence that Deltona Corp bribed the Commissioners into passing laws which forced the Tyson plant and Werder out of business illegally. But by that time the houses were already built and nothing could be done about it. Deltona had to pay out millions in damages and a three Commissioners, all from out of state, were charged with felony corruption charges.

There was a time when you could leave your windows open in Spring Hill and your doors unlocked without any worries. This was back in the good old days between 1980 and 1995. Around 1995 the place started to go down hill in a hurry.

Between 80 and 95 Spring Hill was a small retirement area and it was great. Around 95 new home construction increased and more retirees started to move in. By 00 a lot of the older retirees who moved down here in the 60's and early 70's started passing away and their adult kids started inheriting their parents houses, more often then not these adult children started to move down.

Its not the retired people that are the problem, its their adult children who come down to Spring Hill when there parents die. These people are the ones that bring the drugs and such down with them. Not the retirees. The recent drug ring that the Sheriff just busted last year was made up of about 50 people, all from up North, and it was based out of Newark. Northerners would go around and steal prescription drugs, or get their buddies to get tons of pills from pain management clinics, and then ship them back up to the Northeast for sale on the streets.

I also remember the moniker of Hernando, well Spring Hill at least, being labeled the murder capital of Florida. The Miami Herald released a report sometime around 2010 and it counted all of the murderers in Spring Hill and based on our population in relation to the crimes committed we had more murders then any of the major cities in Florida had. I remember Bob Haa, and the Hernando Today going on about how off base the figures were and such, and how Jeff Stabins demanded the Miami Herald retract the report, and how the Miami Herald said they wouldn't because it was based on FBI crime stats and the stats don't lie.

I tried searching online for it, but the pages must have been taken down. But I remember it, and it happened.

About the population of retirees I don't know about how many of us there are.

About the volunteer fire department I do remember when the system changed. I wish the county would go back to the volunteer system because we don't need to be paying what we are paying right now. I used to be a Hernando County volunteer fire fighter and was based around what is now Linden Estates. It was fun, we didn't get hardly any calls, just old people running off the road or the occasional heart attack. We are defiantly wasting our tax money on this and I wish they would go back to the old system. But like the poster said it won't happen because of the retirees who like paying for stuff like this.

Don't even get started on the mandatory trash pickup, I tried suing the county when this was passed into law but it didn't get too far. This was also the final straw for me. I used to take my trash down to the dump without any issues and it was free. Now I have to pay $18 for what, some body to come by and do it for me. I'm retired, taking the trash to the dump was one of the few things I had to do as sad as that sounds. I looked forward to doing it, now thanks to the county commission and those in the community that think its a good idea, I have to waste my money on a service I don't need.

As a former Yankee and a proud assimilated Floridian I agree that Spring Hill as it stands now, is awful. I'm old and have lived here since 1979, I'm old but not too old to get out of town while the getting is good. I have been the victim of burglary at least two times over the past 6 years, and back in 2012 my prize truck was vandalized. Since then I have been looking for a place where my wife and I can move.

In my area of Linden Estates we have had 4 murders, 2 suicides, and countless acts of robbery, larceny, vandalism, and even rape. Some young girl was jogging out here about a month ago and some sex offender that was down here from Ohio attacked and raped her. Sick stuff.

I've frankly lost track of the number of grow houses that keep popping up as well. Just about every week another one is found somewhere in Spring Hill, and its always run by a bunch of adult kids who moved down here from somewhere up North. You don't hear about this stuff happening out in Brooksville or anywhere else, just in Spring Hill or New Port Richey which are both full of people from out of state.

Spring Hill back in the pre-1995 era was great. Spring Hill today is a crime infested dump. This once great paradise has deteriorated into the Detroit of Florida.

My wife and I are looking to move out of here... we are gonna try to move out to Texas.

Old 12-17-2013, 04:22 PM

30,433 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
So two people have different experiences in Spring Hill and all you can do is tell them to leave and resort to personal attacks. Nice!
Nothing new there with that person. Can't live in the real world and face facts. Springhill is just the perfect place in his or her book. Up play to make a sale.

Old 12-17-2013, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
I may be wrong but you sound to be advertising your work....
You got that right. Another one wanting to make a fast buck. Everything is just perfect.

Old 12-17-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolefan22 View Post
I moved down from Battle Creek Michigan back in 1979 and have lived in Spring Hill ever since. I retired from General Motors and moved to Spring Hill because I can remember taking long family vacations to the area back in the 1950's and 1960's with my parents. The place was awesome back then. There used to be this neat old Seminole village on 19 about where the Winn-Dixie stands now, and there were all kinds of little tourist areas all the way into Pasco. The best thing was the massive moss covered oaks along 19 and the lush green woods.

Compared to Michigan this was a tropical paradise, so when I was able to retire I moved down to Spring Hill.

I also remember the feather plucking contest you wrote about a few pages back. When I moved down with my wife and daughter we would always spend a day over at the old Tyson chicken plant that used to be situated over near where Anderson Snow Road sits today. I used to be able to raise pigs on my 2 acres of land in Spring Hill, and every Christmas and Easter we would pick out the fattest sow and take it over to the Werder Pig Farm that used to stretch from Barkley down to 41. Werder would slaughter it and charge us $50 and we would have a freezer full of bacon, ham, and pork chops.

I do remember the flap over the County forcibly shutting down the chicken farm and the pig farms. Some of the Commissioners received death threats from people in the area. I also remember that after the fact a special prosecutor with the State found evidence that Deltona Corp bribed the Commissioners into passing laws which forced the Tyson plant and Werder out of business illegally. But by that time the houses were already built and nothing could be done about it. Deltona had to pay out millions in damages and a three Commissioners, all from out of state, were charged with felony corruption charges.

There was a time when you could leave your windows open in Spring Hill and your doors unlocked without any worries. This was back in the good old days between 1980 and 1995. Around 1995 the place started to go down hill in a hurry.

Between 80 and 95 Spring Hill was a small retirement area and it was great. Around 95 new home construction increased and more retirees started to move in. By 00 a lot of the older retirees who moved down here in the 60's and early 70's started passing away and their adult kids started inheriting their parents houses, more often then not these adult children started to move down.

Its not the retired people that are the problem, its their adult children who come down to Spring Hill when there parents die. These people are the ones that bring the drugs and such down with them. Not the retirees. The recent drug ring that the Sheriff just busted last year was made up of about 50 people, all from up North, and it was based out of Newark. Northerners would go around and steal prescription drugs, or get their buddies to get tons of pills from pain management clinics, and then ship them back up to the Northeast for sale on the streets.

I also remember the moniker of Hernando, well Spring Hill at least, being labeled the murder capital of Florida. The Miami Herald released a report sometime around 2010 and it counted all of the murderers in Spring Hill and based on our population in relation to the crimes committed we had more murders then any of the major cities in Florida had. I remember Bob Haa, and the Hernando Today going on about how off base the figures were and such, and how Jeff Stabins demanded the Miami Herald retract the report, and how the Miami Herald said they wouldn't because it was based on FBI crime stats and the stats don't lie.

I tried searching online for it, but the pages must have been taken down. But I remember it, and it happened.

About the population of retirees I don't know about how many of us there are.

About the volunteer fire department I do remember when the system changed. I wish the county would go back to the volunteer system because we don't need to be paying what we are paying right now. I used to be a Hernando County volunteer fire fighter and was based around what is now Linden Estates. It was fun, we didn't get hardly any calls, just old people running off the road or the occasional heart attack. We are defiantly wasting our tax money on this and I wish they would go back to the old system. But like the poster said it won't happen because of the retirees who like paying for stuff like this.

Don't even get started on the mandatory trash pickup, I tried suing the county when this was passed into law but it didn't get too far. This was also the final straw for me. I used to take my trash down to the dump without any issues and it was free. Now I have to pay $18 for what, some body to come by and do it for me. I'm retired, taking the trash to the dump was one of the few things I had to do as sad as that sounds. I looked forward to doing it, now thanks to the county commission and those in the community that think its a good idea, I have to waste my money on a service I don't need.

As a former Yankee and a proud assimilated Floridian I agree that Spring Hill as it stands now, is awful. I'm old and have lived here since 1979, I'm old but not too old to get out of town while the getting is good. I have been the victim of burglary at least two times over the past 6 years, and back in 2012 my prize truck was vandalized. Since then I have been looking for a place where my wife and I can move.

In my area of Linden Estates we have had 4 murders, 2 suicides, and countless acts of robbery, larceny, vandalism, and even rape. Some young girl was jogging out here about a month ago and some sex offender that was down here from Ohio attacked and raped her. Sick stuff.

I've frankly lost track of the number of grow houses that keep popping up as well. Just about every week another one is found somewhere in Spring Hill, and its always run by a bunch of adult kids who moved down here from somewhere up North. You don't hear about this stuff happening out in Brooksville or anywhere else, just in Spring Hill or New Port Richey which are both full of people from out of state.

Spring Hill back in the pre-1995 era was great. Spring Hill today is a crime infested dump. This once great paradise has deteriorated into the Detroit of Florida.

My wife and I are looking to move out of here... we are gonna try to move out to Texas.
Another smart person that has faced facts and has seen first hand what has become of Springhill and has already happened to west Pasco.

Old 12-17-2013, 04:28 PM

I was called a Yankee and your saying I made an attack????

He was the one who stated that he wanted to leave and in his case it seems to be the best thing for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post

Old 12-17-2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Have you ever once seen a post from me that has anything to do with money or anything of any value?

I dont live in west pasco, but I did work there for 2.5 years. Oak Trail Way.

I met a lot of people who lived in west pasco. None of the horror stories that you purport.

I am not saying there is no crime in Pasco County, its a big place but the picture you paint of it is inaccurate and unverifiable.

It makes me wonder how you with, all your money and what was it, 28 houses, stays living there, a place where you cant leave a window open, a place that is drenched in drugs and crime and where it never rains. It just does not add up to a sensible situation.

You have zero credibility with me.
I can say the same for you, all flowers and cherries in Springhill to see you type about.

Old 12-17-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bova Fett View Post
Pot meet kettle... Spring Hill is a crap hole, I should know I have suffered here for 5 years, and have facts to back it up. We can both pull numbers all day to support our stances. You figures come from local sources that have ties to the building and tourism association so they go out of their way to make Spring Hill look great, mine are from the national level and tell the truth. For example in which universe is the FDLE's stats superior in anyway to the FBI's stats? I guess only in the Spring Hill universe where rainbows and puppy dogs rain down on everyone living along Spring Hill Drive, Mariner, or Deltona.

Since I have lived in Spring Hill, our house has been broken into 3 times in a 5 year time frame and we live in a nice area. We have people from up North dumping trash on every vacant piece of land they can find. Just yesterday a person in a van with New Jersey plates dumped a couch at the end of our street. How do I know this because I saw him do it, and tried to call the cops and report him but apparently the cops had better things to do. My neighbor from Boston has had his car stolen twice and broken into a total of 6 times... I've only had my car vandalized once, so count me lucky. Within a 7 block radius of my house, which is in a gated community with $200+ homes I can count 4 people who have been killed either in home invasions, or they were just found shot dead in their back yard. I have connections with the local Sheriffs Dept. and have been told of how bad things are around here, that its the worst crime they have ever seen and this is coming from transplant cops from Miami, New York, Boston, Philly, Tampa, and New Orleans.

So keep siting stats that are approved by the tourism and housing boards to sucker more Yankees into moving down to this crap shoot, I'm done with that kind of stuff. Stats can be spun to suit the purposes of the person using them. Look at Bush and Obama for proof of how a person can distort stats to cover up lies.

I want to hear from others in the area, lets hear from the horses mouth. There has to be more people on here from Spring Hill, or at least the Nature Coast region lets here from them.

I have better things to do with my time then try to correct a Yankee from Spring Hill about how bad Spring Hill is, and how bad the retirees from the North have ruined this place.

Bob Haa has been dead for what a month, and the Yankees are already trying to white wash over all of the work Bob did to educate those in Hernando County about how bad things are. I bet he is rolling over in his grave.
Forget Springhillian, it's a just a waste of banging away on a keyboard. Everything is perfect in heavenhill.

White trash, and rebneck drug dealing renters are starting to ruin Springhill, the same thing that has ruined most of west Pasco many years ago.

Old 12-17-2013, 04:34 PM

I already know you are not credible and until he supplies some proof to his statements, his credibility is also shot

I am waiting to see his FBI stats on murder rate in SH. Maybe he doesnt know that the UCR system gets their data from each state and compiles it. I put a call into Tyson foods personally and while they know Spring Hill, LA, k the public relations guy I talked to didnt know there was a Spring Hill fl and they never had a plant here, not even an office.

I have a call into a friend of mine at HCSO to chat about all the murders these two brand new posters are stating. I will have that info tomorrow. Murder capital of Florida. What a joke. Its a small town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Another smart person that has faced facts and has seen first hand what has become of Springhill and has already happened to west Pasco.

Old 12-17-2013, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassySpice View Post
Re: your reply to Spring Hillian I just want to say

"THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Right on. Anyone in the home bizz will say anthing to make a sale. It's so clear anyone can see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida