Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2007, 03:57 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,979 times

Advertisements

FSU Fan Shot, Killed In Gainesville Garage - Orlando News Story - WKMG Orlando (http://www.local6.com/news/14690421/detail.html - broken link)

I read this story just now and I just thought to myself....."Maybe the frigin guy got what he deserved".....Am I wrong to think like this or who agrees that this guy should have shown some patience and known not to run his mouth because there are people that could shoot you for acting the way he was.....What is your opinion on this?

Old 11-26-2007, 04:54 AM
LM1

833 posts, read 998,462 times
ABSOLUTELY NOT!
If the circumstances depicted in that article are even remotely close to the facts, those idiots who shot him should get the death penalty!

How can you even think for one second that saying "Hurry up" to a group of people blocking traffic could- in the remotest possible way- warrant a lethal response?

I mean, don't get me wrong. There are situations where it's understandable that someone loses their temper- like, loud mouths who decide to "pick on" the wrong person and OOPS! turns out they're armed and aren't going to take it (ala Bernie Goetz)... But this is a case of a guy in a car waiting behind another car that's stopped in the middle of the thoroughfare who says "hurry up"? If anything, there's a chance that the idiots who felt empowered to block traffic were doing so because they felt 'invincible' because they were armed.

Hand a "certain sort" of immature, socially nitwitted, bravado oriented person a firearm and they will turn into a mouth breathing monkey in short order.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:57 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
FSU Fan Shot, Killed In Gainesville Garage - Orlando News Story - WKMG Orlando (http://www.local6.com/news/14690421/detail.html - broken link)

I read this story just now and I just thought to myself....."Maybe the frigin guy got what he deserved".....Am I wrong to think like this or who agrees that this guy should have shown some patience and known not to run his mouth because there are people that could shoot you for acting the way he was.....What is your opinion on this?
Are you freaking serious?
You think people deserve to be shot it the head and killed for asking someone to hurry up?
What if someone asks someone to be quiet in a movie thetre, should they be stabbed?
Just because there are animals that will kill people that expect common courtesy that does not mean that it is any way right.
I am still shaking my head that you even said this.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Are you freaking serious?
You think people deserve to be shot it the head and killed for asking someone to hurry up?
What if someone asks someone to be quiet in a movie thetre, should they be stabbed?
Just because there are animals that will kill people that expect common courtesy that does not mean that it is any way right.
I am still shaking my head that you even said this.

Nah, but should anyone tell someone that's in front of them to hurry up?....I'm shaking my head that people don't see the root of road rage...it's usually some duetsch that is too impatient to wait his turn or they don't even care if the roadway is clear for the other person to go and start honking at them to go....if more people read stories like this then i think more people would realize what can happen when you think you're the most important person on the road by telling someone else that they aren't moving fast enough for "you".....the frigin guy in the story could have just walked over to them and said in a respectfull way that he needed to get out of there but he didn't...he just said "HURRY" like the world revolved around him...The guys in front were approached by 2 people and that's why they were stuck in front but knowing Florida ....i know that the guy behind probably didnt even wait 10 seconds before he tryed to force the guys out of his way verbally

Last edited by THASPECIAL; 11-26-2007 at 05:15 AM..

Old 11-26-2007, 05:18 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times
I don't even like to pass slow drivers anymore because I often wonder if the people in front of me are just looking for an excuse to justify violent behavior. I think the FSU fan was being impatient and obnoxious but he certainly didn't deserve to pay for that with his life.

But THAS, I understand your question and the nuance behind it. People need to be more careful because you never know what kind of nut you're dealing with.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
I don't even like to pass slow drivers anymore because I often wonder if the people in front of me are just looking for an excuse to justify violent behavior. I think the FSU fan was being impatient and obnoxious but he certainly didn't deserve to pay for that with his life.

But THAS, I understand your question and the nuance behind it. People need to be more careful because you never know what kind of nut you're dealing with.
That is what im getting at...of coarse i dont think the guy should have been murdered but people that are impatient/obnoxious behind the seat of thier metal 2 ton automobiles should get a beating or something to tell them to calm the "F" down....because no one should be yelling "Hurry Up" at another driver that is in front of them.....the reason why this story got me heated a little bit is because some guy did the same thing to me tonight.....I was riding on Vineland Ave. by the Premier Outlets in Lake Buena Vista...I came to a stop on 535 which you can turn right or left....the left turn has 2 lanes to use and a stop light....the right turn doesnt have a light and only has one lane....so i was turning right in the one lane that curves a little to the right....well i was waiting on some cars to pass so i could go ....well as soon as the guy in his mustang pulled behind me he honked at me after 1 second of him waiting and i was not able to go because there were cars still coming....then he yelled "COME ON""...and then honked again...this all happened within about 8-9 seconds.....well when he honked the second time i just put my car in park and stepped out and said "YOU GOTTA F-N PROBLEM BUDDY?".....and I told him that he needed to calm tha F down and if he didnt i was gonna whoop his azz.....Well he didnt honk anymore and i went and as soon as he had 2 inches to pass he swiped around my left side and made his engine try to be loud ....but i just threw my gum on his hood and yelled ..."youre a puzzie"...but he flew onto I-4 at about 70 miles an hour ...who knows what speed he was going when he actually got on I-4 though.....Well lesson here is dont mess with the pizza driver ....alot of people out there mess with me until they see how i look.....i aint some skinny little guy with glasses on like most people envision the pizza driver to be....so i think this guy thought he could intimidate someone with a pizza top on his car ...until i got out...then he didnt do jack shiznit

Last edited by THASPECIAL; 11-26-2007 at 06:00 AM..

Old 11-26-2007, 06:34 AM

364 posts, read 1,112,700 times
And you dont think that could have gotten you shot? I am not some skinny little guy and can whip some ass when needed but I would never get out like that.

Old 11-26-2007, 06:35 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,192,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
Nah, but should anyone tell someone that's in front of them to hurry up?....I'm shaking my head that people don't see the root of road rage...it's usually some duetsch that is too impatient to wait his turn or they don't even care if the roadway is clear for the other person to go and start honking at them to go....if more people read stories like this then i think more people would realize what can happen when you think you're the most important person on the road by telling someone else that they aren't moving fast enough for "you".....the frigin guy in the story could have just walked over to them and said in a respectfull way that he needed to get out of there but he didn't...he just said "HURRY" like the world revolved around him...The guys in front were approached by 2 people and that's why they were stuck in front but knowing Florida ....i know that the guy behind probably didnt even wait 10 seconds before he tryed to force the guys out of his way verbally
It was no more obnoxious then your post, so using your logic maybe someone should shoot you in the head, I have no problem with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: