Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 08:42 AM
LM1

833 posts, read 997,669 times

Advertisements

While before my time, the profound economic failings of the Carter years gave birth to the modern "Survivalist movement". Even though I didn't "live through it" as a decision-making adult, the literature and books still survive from that time and I've read a lot of them.

It's pretty scary- a lot of the general dialog and themes of discussion people are having today in the year 2007 are very similar to those people were having in 1977; sustenance living, personal disassociation from societal woes, lack of faith in currency, etc.

Ironically enough, we as a nation are much, much worse off financially here in 2007 than we were in 1977. Maybe now is the time? It's pretty well accepted that in this particular area, the proverbial "S" H'ing T F isn't going to come with a bang. It's going to come like a hurricanes storm surge. The water is going to rise slowly and consistently- when it's at your door, you know it's time to worry. When it's at your knees, you had better know how to swim. By the time it's up to your neck, it's too late to do anything but implement your "plan B" and hope you make it through to the other side.
As best I can tell, our ankles are presently soaked.

Scary (and sad) prospects. Yes, myself and my family are prepared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 09:13 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,359,800 times
LM1 if it gets that bad, im off to canada or africa :S
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida