Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 09:27 PM

109 posts, read 143,771 times

Advertisements

Ohhh one more thing. Thank your kids for their service to our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2013, 06:30 AM

34 posts, read 68,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida-Dude View Post
Ohhh one more thing. Thank your kids for their service to our country.
Thank you Florida-Dude appreciate that! My husband was also in the USAF back in 1991.

We live 1 minute from 75 now in Ohio. I like the busy road in front of us and easy access to it. I can actually see 75 from my mailbox. Can someone give me ideas of nice towns around Brandon to live in? Then I will make a list of towns to go see when we get there. I really would like to live on TI and just make crafts all day; like a hippie. Without the pot though! JK! Sorry was dreaming for minute. -

Old 12-27-2013, 08:01 AM

440 posts, read 595,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyebabe90 View Post
We are moving to Florida from Ohio in June 2014. I have had many people say stay away, but my thoughts are if your going to move anywhere in USA your going to get bad areas, no jobs; only locals get them, high insurance, and so on, I understand all that. I also know about the humidity in Florida, since I live in Georgia for 4 years.

What I am needing to know is what TOWNS are the safest to live in? I have had responses of Brandon, Florida is nice area and also Sarasota. But the Sarasota area didn't look to promising. I do like the mix between living in a small town feel, with the city close by. I have had people tell me to move South of Tampa, or do not live in St Pete area or Clearwater.

My husband and I are 41, we are homebodies. We like to eat at nice places, go to beach once in a while, workout, cookout, have drinks, and shop at local farmer markets or flea markets. Our eldest son is in the USAF and other one is in Navy.

I guess my end question is; Brandon FL safest area and what is a good condo/high rise or apartment to live in that is NOT to expensive. We are a middle class couple, actually lower middle class since economy has changed, ! Looking for the amenities also; gym, pool, and pet friendly. We could pay around 800-900 a month. Were not rich *******, but we aren't poor asses either! We have worked our whole lives. My husband will be working as a roofing salesman or foreman down in that area; Brandon, FL.

I realize that the question about moving from FL to OH is on a lot of discussions, but I have different questions than others.

Thanks in advance!
Welcome Buckeyebabe, i also just moved here a couple weeks ago from Cleveland, so i know what its like to want to get out of Ohio! But your in the right place here, there are alot of helpful people on here to answer all your questions, but i would suggest creating a thread in the Tampa forum so that locals can better answer your questions and concerns.
But like other people recommended i would definitely plan a trip down here for a few days if not a week to just drive around and get to know the area, especially the traffic. I spent a couple days alone just visiting apartments when i first came down but after my second visit i was sold
Good Luck!!

Old 12-27-2013, 09:37 AM

So what town did u move to? I just want to make sure we are not around a bad section of town w/ drugs and violence everyday! I am not sure how to do a tampa blog?

Old 12-27-2013, 09:52 AM

440 posts, read 595,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyebabe90 View Post
So what town did u move to? I just want to make sure we are not around a bad section of town w/ drugs and violence everyday! I am not sure how to do a tampa blog?
I moved to Tampa at Rocky Point, a very nice, quiet, safe area with everything around that i need, and traffic isn't really bad at all. There are a bunch of nice apartments in this area too but your gonna be spending close to $1000/month not including any utilities.
But to go to the Tampa forum just go here //www.city-data.com/forum/tampa-bay/ and you can create a new thread there or just do a search for relocation threads, there are plenty of them.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:15 AM

Smile Thanks!!!!!

Thank you Beacher and everyone else for your help. Any other help would be appreciated! Happy News year to you all!

Old 12-27-2013, 11:24 AM

Anybody heard of
Boardwalk at Morris Bridge

Boardwalk Trail Dr, Temple Terrace, FL 33637 (Temple Terrace)

Is this bad area?

Old 12-29-2013, 12:30 PM

814 posts, read 2,043,645 times
I really would like to live on TI and just make crafts all day; like a hippie. Without the pot though! JK! Sorry was dreaming for minute. -

any one of the lower florida keys is where the aforementioned dream would/could be a reality! Big Pine Key has one heck of a flea market!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida