Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 03:23 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkay6755 View Post
You are not alone. I can't stand this place. It's only a matter of time before we can leave and head towards the NC/TN area and get away from all the idiots that call this place home.
Do come back here and tell us about the idiots that call your new place home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2014, 03:30 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Do come back here and tell us about the idiots that call your new place home.

BIG difference.

SH, the ppl are sooooo much different. I'm sorry you cant see it. You see all these folks wanting a better life, to be around friendlier ppl, etc headed to NC/TN. But you dont see NC'ans escaping NC because of rude ppl, the idiots, etc.

Two different worlds. The ppl up there are far more civil, far more friendly, etc. Its a different way of life and a lot of ppl are tired of the rat race. She lives in South FL, anywhere south of Northern PBC is a pile.

Old 10-05-2014, 03:34 PM

1,512 posts, read 2,362,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
BIG difference.

SH, the ppl are sooooo much different. I'm sorry you cant see it. You see all these folks wanting a better life, to be around friendlier ppl, etc headed to NC/TN. But you dont see NC'ans escaping NC because of rude ppl, the idiots, etc.

Two different worlds. The ppl up there are far more civil, far more friendly, etc. Its a different way of life and a lot of ppl are tired of the rat race. She lives in South FL, anywhere south of Northern PBC is a pile.
North Carolina is cool and all, but Tennessee contains one of the biggest dumps of them all...Memphis.

Old 10-05-2014, 03:39 PM

Yes, Memphis sux. I would agree. However I've been to TN many times, and I've never even come close to Memphis, its soooo far away from the popular Eastern TN area so many Floridians are moving to. It'd be like living in Jax and being concerned about Miami. No reason to, hrs and hrs apart from eachother.

Old 10-05-2014, 03:42 PM

I would agree that S. FL is a different animal compared to the rest of the state. When people live in high density it changes their outlook on daily life. However, people are people no matter where you go. There may be less idiots elsewhere but that is only because of the lack of density. Lets say for example you have 1 million people in an area of a certain size. You will find more idiots in that area of a certain size compared to the same area of a certain size where the population is 1/2 million. Its simply the odds that you will have more idiots in the more densely populated area. The more stress that is imposed causes it. Heavy traffic, demanding jobs, zero lot lines, crowds no matter where you go are all factors in how a person behaves.
If you drop someone from a low density area and put them in a high density area the person will change and adapt to the new place. The reverse is usually true. Take someone out of high density and they will either adapt to it or hate it because its to slow for them.

This theory have been proven in rats. When they are crowded together they are more hostile to each other as they compete for the available resources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
BIG difference.

Old 10-05-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHomunculus View Post
North Carolina is cool and all, but Tennessee contains one of the biggest dumps of them all...Memphis.
Downtown Memphis is a dump. The outer areas are very nice.

Old 10-05-2014, 04:57 PM

Therefore, much of NC is far less of a rat race than FL. So its no surprise ppl are friendlier and more pleasant. So the person going to NC/TN (the OP) will more than likely have a better quality of life is they dislike S FL, which I do too.

Old 10-06-2014, 06:50 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,440,025 times
We moved out of what we refer to as the 'Metromess' that is, DFW. Great to make a living in, but has become a PITA. The metro area is such that it would effectively stretch from Fort Myers to Palm Beach.

Having enough of that, we moved to Port Charlotte. One hour m/l from Tampa, 25 minutes from Sarasota, 3-4 hours from Miami. All we need in shopping etc withi 10 minutes. And quiet evenings watching sunsets from the beaches within 30 minutes.

We have a timeshare in the Lauderdale area, have experienced southeast FL for years, and that is why we immediately discounted the area when we went home shopping. Just didn't want to deal with the area as a homeowner. Great place to visit, wouldn't want to live there. Just our individual opinion.

So we started down the west coast of FL, decided on Port Charlotte because it is unincorporated. The less people trying to mind my business the better.

Old 10-10-2014, 04:14 AM

128 posts, read 163,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
You won't be able to buy a home anywhere in the US close to the beach unless you're wealthy.....
Say what? You can get a condo close to the beach in Miami for 120k.

Old 10-10-2014, 05:09 PM

i wouldnt live in Miami if you GAVE me the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida