Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 05:08 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,313,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Those are all events that can be replicated in pretty much any city over 150K-200K population across the country, which is kind of the point for those that have no use for kiddie theme parks/tourist traps. Orlando doesn't have a whole lot extra going on, despite the cheerleading from those who might think so.
World class airport, shopping and restaurants for a city of its size. Do ever think about leaving the area considering how much you hate it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post

Sigh, more articles, and from Fox News of course! haha I like your college drop out authors more.

You will be thanking me, trust me, just take my advice!
It's not just Fox news. Cali is well known to be one of the biggest states where emigration happens from. Middle class is pretty much priced out from anywhere near the coastal areas

Old 02-09-2014, 06:45 AM

27,163 posts, read 43,847,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
World class airport, shopping and restaurants for a city of its size. Do ever think about leaving the area considering how much you hate it?
Really? ROFL....The airport perhaps but that isn't a big portion of most people's lives. "World-class restaurants and shopping"? You should get out more. Shopping is pretty much equivalent to most any mid-size to major Sunbelt city and the restaurant scene might be considered terrific if easy access to chain restaurants is considered an asset. In terms of leaving, of course I do but it's not always that easy logistically...one day I will. Whatever the case, I don't plan on not providing a non-cheerleader point of view for those confused with the fact this is not a Chamber of Commerce website.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:09 AM

1,512 posts, read 2,362,421 times
Quote:
Yes! Come visit Orlando and check out our Golden Corral's, Nike Factory, and tacky gift shops. We're the only city where you can get coffee mugs with Mickey ears on them! LOL!

Old 02-09-2014, 10:13 AM

1,015 posts, read 1,653,818 times

Old 02-09-2014, 12:26 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,334,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHomunculus View Post
Yes! Come visit Orlando and check out our Golden Corral's, Nike Factory, and tacky gift shops. We're the only city where you can get coffee mugs with Mickey ears on them! LOL!
Yes because that's all we have here in Orlando. Chefs like Wolfgang Puck or Roy Yamaguchi would never consider opening up here. If they were more than the world's biggest McDonald's and Golden Corral Sandlakes restaurant row. And I wish there was a mall in town where I could shop at Gucci and other high end stores. I wish Park Ave. wasn't so commercial. Ohh a man can dream.

Old 02-09-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHomunculus View Post
Just because you cant afford a Ferrari, a lambo, Fendi or prada purse, or nice clothes from versace or Armani doesn't mean Orlando still doesn't have that level of shopping.

Please show me where the golden coral is off park ave or west sand lake if you can

Old 02-09-2014, 12:48 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,334,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop chop thight33395901
Just because you cant afford a Ferrari, a lambo, Fendi or prada purse, or nice clothes from versace or Armani doesn't mean Orlando still doesn't have that level of shopping.

Please show me where the golden coral is off park ave or west sand lake if you can
Whao whao Chop, I thought there's only 2 main streets in orlando I-drive and Irlo Bronson and I've never seen any of that stuff on those 2 roads.

Old 02-09-2014, 02:18 PM

1,512 posts, read 2,362,421 times
Quote:

Well, there IS a Golden Corral on the intersection of International Drive and W. Sand Lake. But you got me with Park Avenue.

Old 02-09-2014, 02:22 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,528,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownmama View Post
My husband is getting his respiratory therapist degree this year and we are looking to move to Florida. I think Sarasota is beautiful and seems to offer a lot for families. I feel like it is close enough o Tampa and Orlando that we would still have a lot of fun. My husband thinks Orlando would be better because he thinks it would have more to do and he thinks Sarasota seems cheesy based on youtube videos we have seen. I have been looking into Orlando for the past few days, and to me it seems... dated, and a little bit dirty? Some parts like Winter Park look nice. I don't know...

So what do you think? Where would you rather live and why?

No comparison. Sarasota all the way.
Spend one afternoon on Lido or Siesta Key beaches, and you'll never leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida