Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 03:48 PM

339 posts, read 1,166,448 times

Advertisements

I recommend taking an extended airboat ride to see the Real Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 11:23 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,167,450 times
Default What you've missed in Flagler County

Bulow Sugar Mill Ruins
The Fairchild Oak
Tomoka State Park
Crabbing off low-bridge
Midnight skinny-dipping in the warm Atlantic

Old 12-02-2007, 07:18 AM

75 posts, read 474,685 times
Midnight skinny dipping in the warm Atlantic? I would never swim at any beach in Florida at night.. Sharks are most active during this time...

Old 12-02-2007, 07:27 AM

5,701 posts, read 24,154,501 times
Just a walk with your love one during sunrise or sunset...

Old 12-02-2007, 09:00 AM

28 posts, read 85,468 times
Thanks to everyone...I realize my list is heavy on touristy stuff (and sports), so I appreciate the "natural" sights you've recommended.

I've swum with dolphins in the Indian Ocean, and it was very, very cool. St. Augustine is obviously big on the list, so we'll try to get up there this month...maybe check out a few beaches up that way and the Bulow Sugar Mill Ruins. Sounds cool.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:22 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,378,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
Any PICS to share with the forum members?

You mentioned tourist things, but we have many Floridians that have not visited some of the unique and beautiful places that our state has to offer. I visit 3 or 4 times a year St Augustine. No other place offers the tranquility and relaxation like St Augustine. We used to live in Satellite Beach and in the Banana river we had a large number of manatees and we experienced the manatees and was breath taking...
Sunrico,

Sorry I'm really bad b/c I never take pictures. I don't even have a camera. Considering my dh and I full time in our motorhome you would think I would have a camera with all the traveling we do.

Lisa

Old 12-02-2007, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Sunrico,

Sorry I'm really bad b/c I never take pictures. I don't even have a camera. Considering my dh and I full time in our motorhome you would think I would have a camera with all the traveling we do.

Lisa
No problem, is full time in your motorhome a fun thing to do in Florida? Let us know...

Thank you...

Old 12-03-2007, 06:53 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,378,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
No problem, is full time in your motorhome a fun thing to do in Florida? Let us know...

Thank you...
We bought our motorhome 3 years ago when Fl was having thoses hurricanes one after the other. We lived on the water and every time we had to evacuate we really had no place to go. My husband suggested buying a motorhome but I thought he was crazy. Now we both love it. We started out by taking a trip out west and went back to the TN mountains to buy land(the kids are there). At that point we put our house in Fl on the market and sold it in 2 months. Then we became true "fulltimers".

We spend our winters in Fl at an awesome park between Ocala and Gainesville and we spend our summers on our land in TN. We like to take side trips from each location. We love doing this and can't imagine being in a house again. Maybe when we get too old too drive.

Anyway to answer your question there are a lot of campgrounds in Fl and things to do. If you have a family I think it is a great way of spending time together. Disney has a really awesome park for families called Fort Wilderness.

If you want to know more just ask.

Lisa

Old 12-04-2007, 04:11 AM

Question Christmas Light Display

What about driving around the residential areas and viewing the Christmas light displays. Some folks go to a great extend to be the biggest in their area. Anyone that decorates the house for show and tell?

Old 12-04-2007, 12:32 PM

800 posts, read 3,087,314 times
MT Dora, take the trolley tour and the boat tours. You can even tour up to see the monkeys from the Tarzan movies!

Most of our State parks are lovely! Quiet Waters in the South, Weikiva Springs, Blue Springs in Central Florida. Cape Canaveral National Seashore is another favorite!

Don't forget Pennecamp in the Keys.

And, of course, at this time of the year, lots of towns have lighted boat parades which are always so lovely!

Daytona Int'l Speedway is great but expensive. Visit the New Smyrna Speedway instead. Take the kids to meet the drivers up close and personal! Take the camera!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida