Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 09:11 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The b8nk View Post
lol all the hurt cheerleaders ITT

sorry you cant brag to your buddies up north about how awesome fl is and what an excellent decision you made to move here, they will just laugh in your face.
More like those who love living in Florida (including me) really don't give a rat's aZZ about what you and your ilk think of it.........

No reason to brag, we're not children here, I can only hope you are as content with where you live as we who love living in Florida are....

Otherwise, what you think about it, eh......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 09:13 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Which are you? Or is it that you dont live in FL?
The OP sounds like a chronic malcontent that won't be happy anywhere he/she/it lives.....

Who cares what the OP thinks??

Old 02-23-2014, 12:40 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
I see. So we should be desensitized for anything that happens in the ghetto, but up in arms when a man exercises his legal rights. Emmm.... I guess you believe Zimmerman was guilty too.

How ironic you use the word desensitized. You think it is perfectly OK to shoot people after you start a confrontation over something totally ridiculous.

And if you ask most people which is more shocking 1) gang shootings in the inner city or 2) someone getting shot in a middle class area movie theater for texting.

They will pick #2.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:00 AM

790 posts, read 1,267,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
I'll bet if you look into the background of the institute and it's author, you'll find a political agenda for trashing Florida.
Just like the agenda on most of the posters on CD?

Old 02-25-2014, 08:33 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
lol all the hurt cheerleaders ITT

sorry you cant brag to your buddies up north about how awesome fl is and what an excellent decision you made to move here, they will just laugh in your face.
Your friends must be very odd. Mine are jealous of our weather as the rest of the country is either stuck at home, sliding around a highway or simply freezing their buns off while we are at the beach, bike riding or just enjoying the beautiful weather. I have lived in the west, northeast and NYC and I am very happy with Fla. Despite your absurd and incorrect comment, I am neither a sex offender or a bum. You seem to have a rather bizarre obsession with hating Fla--you may want to see someone about that. It is rather sad that anyone would waste their life passionately hating a place. Your venomous remarks about a state where many happily live do not change anyone's mind, so save your energy.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Your friends must be very odd. Mine are jealous of our weather as the rest of the country is either stuck at home, sliding around a highway or simply freezing their buns off...
for 2 months out of the year... but then while its hot and humid from April-November the rest of the country is enjoying outdoor picnics, nice walks in the park, kayaking, etc

Ever tried to kayak in 95 degree temps at 99% humidity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Your venomous remarks about a state where many happily live do not change anyone's mind, so save your energy.
But you spend all your time bragging about a state that you moved to and get butthurt when someone says one thing you disagree with...so who is the one that really needs help?

Old 02-25-2014, 10:53 AM

3,316 posts, read 2,132,650 times
The consistency of weather and sunshine in Florida are great, and so are its beaches. The absence of State & Local income taxes is also great. Housing costs are great here. Roads over all are acceptably maintained. Florida has a wider and more diverse variety of attractions to experience than most people realize.

With that being said... K-12 education, government, class warfare, and drivers are problematic here. People fleeing from other States need to be very cognizant of their skill sets before making the leap, because quality opportunities are specific and often not plentiful. Florida has one of the highest adjusted poverty levels in the country, a level which is under-accounted for given that poverty definitions are deliberately set low here (and nearly everywhere for that matter) from a CoL perspective.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:46 AM

1 posts, read 849 times
Ha... These folks are so desperate to paint Florida as a nice place to live that 'everywhere' else is this or that. Whats the temp in OC today? How about Tucson or the big Island...

The only folks moving to Florida are the poor from the NE that are stuck in areas that look similar to a war zone. And it seems there's a lot of them. After all my travel I can say the dead rust belt and most of Florida are two trashyist (if thats a word) and low-class places in the States.

Besides, the 120 pages of the linked report detail what a "bottom of the barrel" you live in.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forldo View Post
Ha... These folks are so desperate to paint Florida as a nice place to live that 'everywhere' else is this or that. Whats the temp in OC today? How about Tucson or the big Island...

The only folks moving to Florida are the poor from the NE that are stuck in areas that look similar to a war zone. And it seems there's a lot of them. After all my travel I can say the dead rust belt and most of Florida are two trashyist (if thats a word) and low-class places in the States.

Besides, the 120 pages of the linked report detail what a "bottom of the barrel" you live in.
agreed, people will move here and use it as a tool to brag to their friends and family about how great their life is (even if its not).

Old 02-25-2014, 01:01 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
for 2 months out of the year... but then while its hot and humid from April-November the rest of the country is enjoying outdoor picnics, nice walks in the park, kayaking, etc

Ever tried to kayak in 95 degree temps at 99% humidity?

But you spend all your time bragging about a state that you moved to and get butthurt when someone says one thing you disagree with...so who is the one that really needs help?
Hate to disappoint you but I am not hurt--I'm annoyed. People who make it their life's work to criticize Fla are annoying--like gnats. And btw, it does get super hot and humid until about mid-June. April and May are usually quite nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida