Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 09:54 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,158,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CURT View Post
which part? the gray gloomy sky or the dead looking trees?
Because it is nature and beautiful in any form. Yes, even a hurricane. We have hiked the Alps as well as the Grand canyon. I have to admit though, some may be best viewed from a distance, I didn't enjoy Death Valley all that much.

A vacation to me is the north in winter since I live in a tropical climate year around. The thing is though, none of us really wants to live in the extremes, be it dead of winter or sweltering heat. Life is about experience then we die. Thats it, thats all there is and you can live it or miss it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 10:47 AM

123 posts, read 132,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CURT View Post
which part? the gray gloomy sky or the dead looking trees?

Curt, the dark gloomy clouds dont seem too appealing, but in the summertime, we dont get dead trees but we get dead grass. What is so pretty about it is that atleast it's not so hot and humid. People, dont move to FL because it's warm. The truth is, it gets down right miserable here in the summers. Dont talk about how you cant stand the cold and will never miss it, because after a few summers here in FL, you may change your mind. There's nothing fun, new or exciting about how predicatable and hot our weather is.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:46 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,570,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major League View Post
Curt, the dark gloomy clouds dont seem too appealing, but in the summertime, we dont get dead trees but we get dead grass. .
lol, those trees are not dead, they are just dormant. Same goes for grass in the summer, usually it's dormant as well.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:49 PM

Brown grass is attractive, either way. Dont you think?

Old 12-05-2007, 03:18 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,625,317 times
Looks great!

On a computer screen

Old 12-05-2007, 03:27 PM

672 posts, read 896,397 times
Default That is not rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewLew View Post
HockeyMom wants it to rain. I'm not sure how long she's been in FL, but if she is here in the summer....she'll get her rain....right around 3pm every single solitary day...for about an hour!
and I have been here through the summer. Rain to me means all day and several days in a row.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:32 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,570,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMom72 View Post
and I have been here through the summer. Rain to me means all day and several days in a row.
If that happens here, Noah will be building his ark.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:33 PM

497 posts, read 1,560,689 times
I know that weather isn't the only thing in life that will make me happy. The job market in Florida can't be any worse than it is here in Maine. About the only thing I can find is a $10 an hour security job. It's about the same pay down in Florida for security jobs too. The company I work for has jobs in Florida and pretty much every other state.

The cost of living is cheaper for the most part in Florida. Plus you have the added benefit of no state tax. For a single guy who will most likely be a renter for my life schools, property taxes and insurance (other than renters insurance) are not an issue for me. Obviously I would like to live in a decent area with low crime but that's about the only thing that concerns me. But crime is anywhere...I mean some guy just shot 40 shots in some mall in Omaha, Nebraska today so it doesn't have to be Florida to get violent crime.

I know there are other areas that have warm weather but even places that are similar to Florida like Charleston, SC have high crime rates. Looks like the warm weather attracts criminals.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:41 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,328,844 times
About Florida weather...

I can appreciate that anywhere you go in the US, there are trade offs. The north has snowy cold winters while Florida has beautiful winters but pore-wrenching summers. Trade offs!

But what I have a problem with is feeling upside down with the rest of the country. When it's summer and I'm watching TV and seeing festivals, barbecues, beach scenes, etc., I can't go outside. When I'm Christmas shopping at the mall, a decorated Christmas tree looks about as normal as a UFO. Florida, lovely as it is right now, is so out of sync with the rest of the country and, more importantly, with my own inner compass.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:03 PM

Hi Vero bch. I love your little town. Did I read that you were trying to move out of Vero Bch.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida