Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 11:39 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,454,270 times

Advertisements

OMG!!! Everyone's STILL arguing over the semantics in posts on this thread!!!

FOLKS!!! It's the Holiday Season!!! You know....Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy Kwanza, etc. The time of "peace & joy"!!

This thread was started with the sole purpose of FUN!! There's a TON of other threads that deal with all the "pros" & "cons" & facts & opinions & loves & hates & ******* & moans!!

Can't 1 thread be left light???

I for 1 am just looking forward to some more snow pix & some snow-related stories!!
I hope some other posters are thinking the same!!

Old 12-14-2007, 11:44 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Thats ok, VA has always broken down every single sentence I post, why? Guess he has nothing else to do and not longer lives in Florida.
Guess I'm just hoping that you'll get the illogical nature of your arguments at some point so the next time you try to call all "Florida Haters" something like "Stupid", you can see how much sense you typically make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB09
Va if you asked me if I should move to Ohio I would tell you that you would have to come here and find out because we all like different things. And if I move to Florida I sure would not be spending time in the Ohio forum trying to convince and tell half truths or misleading I should say about Ohio.
Yet you WOULD try to convince the world that Florida is paradise even though you've NEVER lived there??? Neither makes too much sense to me. I don't come back to the Florida forum to bash the state. You do realize I didn't bash the state in my post, right???

Quote:
Margel those who bash Florida just cannot stand someone to defend it and they are the exact ones who blame the state for them not being happy and fail to look at themselves as the reason.
No see, and this is why I'm in this thread.... YOU are the one that cannot stand someone to say a thing is wrong about Florida. YOU are the one that was baiting in this thread and one of your own buddies even said as much....

Quote:
Va is onw telling me that I only stay in contact with those who have moved there and like it..... well VA I have NOT found a single person who has moved there and DOESNT like it.
No, you simply haven't LISTENED to anyone that's moved here and didn't like it. You buddy up with those that like it out of some insecurity over your decision or something. Otherwise I don't see why you get so worked up over people disagreeing with you here.

Quote:
Ohh if you dont like my long post too darn bad.. find something else to do. Post in the Va forum or something instead of banging heads in the Florida forum and trying to convince people that anyone who defends Florida is wrong for doing so.
LOL!!! I love how you try to turn this all around and make me out to be the bad guy when you're the one that got all defensive and started making blanket statements about how "Stupid" all the people who don't like Florida are....

Quote:
19 people cannot be ALL wrong.
Actually over 25 million were wrong in the last Presidential election.... What's so hard about believing that 19 could be wrong???

And the problem YOU seem to have here is that this isn't a matter of right and wrong in the first place. You've gotten WAY defensive (even moreso than you were a few months back) toward anyone who dares soil the perfection that you think Florida is....

Quote:
Yes we have a different view of positive.. what is wrong with that?
Nothing, only I'm not telling you you're STUPID for your opinion... Beyond that I'm not starting a post complaining about the weather. Then saying it's not a top 10 reason for me wanting to move to Florida and then turning around again and saying it IS a top reason....... Seems you change that argument based on how convenient it is to whatever point you're trying to make at the time...

Quote:
My point easy, if you dont like it where you are then leave, but dont spend you time trying to convince people how bad it is really it has been proven it is not as bad as many people lead us to believe.
Says he who started a post complaining about the snow and wintry weather in Ohio??? That's rich...

Quote:
Again, each person has a view and we all see good and bad different. All I try to say is for those who hate Florida so bad, dont blame the state for your woes, move and find another life, but dont post things that effect someones decision that turn out to not be realistic.
There are plenty of people who post negative aspects of Florida who are trying to tell people how things are good AND bad..... You are the one giving a rosy view of a state you've never lived in and trying to pass it off as "the way it is".

Quote:
Ohh taking the DD out at night, uhhh... Dont you have a schedule or a job you have to go to and arrange things around it?

Again your tonight means something different then my tonight, my tonight is any time after I get home from work. Now your trying to tell me I picked the wrong time of day to go sleding.
LOL... I realize this, but you understand the physics of the whole thing and how it's warmer in the daytime and all that. You wail about how snowbound you are and that you can't ever go outside and your example is taking your daughter out in the dark to go sledding..... Gotta tell ya I remember sledding as a kid myself and 99.8% of the time we did it during the day. Can't say as I blame your little one for not enjoying her time out there... Not sure about your schedule, but I have these things, maybe you heard of 'em, called WEEKENDS.....

Quote:
Sorry, long post............. but some people cannot stand for me to defend Florida..... it isnt my fault they no longer live there and cannot enjoy it.
No, I get tired of you bashing anyone with an opposing viewpoint... Seriously take a look at yourself dude. You've become that which you claim to despise.

Quote:
By the way VA you seem to track down my post, do me a favor, if you dont like my post then dont post within my post, I wasnt waiting on anyone to complain at all, I was hoping people like Frank would see the snow and would enjoy it now they dont have to spent winters around it.
Yes, I already quoted you above about how "positive" that initial post was.... Nice try. Go sell B.S. somewhere else. All stocked up here.

Quote:
I will defend Florida no matter what you post...
Defend Florida. No problem here. You sir are on the offensive.

Quote:
By they way, my DD would trade the sledding for a 90 degree day at the beach anytime. Fact is we are going to Florida for New Years and we cannot wait to get to the beach and do some sweatin'.
And that's great.... Go with that....

Last edited by Rhett_Butler; 12-14-2007 at 12:11 PM..

Old 12-14-2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
I cannot remember right now too tired from shoveling SNOW, I went sleding with my daughter tonight and what did she say " Daddy, do we really have to do this? "

Roads are nasty, going to 18 tonight, no school, level 1 road emergency, dog wont even go outside...YUCK !!!

I cannot stand it anymore.
That's your original "all in fun" post..... Nah, we're not complaining about Ohio or the weather there, right???

Quote:
People DO NOT move to Florida to escape the snow, they move for ALL the things Florida has to offer, snow is not even in my top ten list of why I am moving to Florida, its just a PART of why?
Then later we post this..... Seems to completely contradict the first post don't you think??? Let's remember the bolded part shall we??

Quote:
But you fail to read all my post, weather is not the only reason it is the largest reason. I love the heat.
Well someone failed to read your post...... I think it might have been you... How something can be the largest reason and not in the top 10 reasons at the same time is an exercise in logic that I'm not capable of fathoming...

Old 12-14-2007, 12:22 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,192,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
OMG!!! Everyone's STILL arguing over the semantics in posts on this thread!!!

FOLKS!!! It's the Holiday Season!!! You know....Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy Kwanza, etc. The time of "peace & joy"!!

This thread was started with the sole purpose of FUN!! There's a TON of other threads that deal with all the "pros" & "cons" & facts & opinions & loves & hates & ******* & moans!!

Can't 1 thread be left light???

I for 1 am just looking forward to some more snow pix & some snow-related stories!!
I hope some other posters are thinking the same!!
This is from the original post
---
"Roads are nasty, going to 18 tonight, no school, level 1 road emergency, dog wont even go outside...YUCK !!!

Anyway, heres your first look at some real white stuff from the frozen tundras of Ohio."
-------

Even the picture was done in such a way as to be ugly. Did you really look at it? I don't think it was meant to show the beauty of the snow, it was meant to be sarcastic. It was an "I hate snow" post and the rest of the thread may have followed the same type of theme as people posted. It wasn't from the start the light hearted fun thread you seem to think it was.

Old 12-14-2007, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post
That's your original "all in fun" post..... Nah, we're not complaining about Ohio or the weather there, right???

Then later we post this..... Seems to completely contradict the first post don't you think??? Let's remember the bolded part shall we??

Well someone failed to read your post...... I think it might have been you... How something can be the largest reason and not in the top 10 reasons at the same time is an exercise in logic that I'm not capable of fathoming...

Feel better now?

Old 12-14-2007, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
This is from the original post
---
"Roads are nasty, going to 18 tonight, no school, level 1 road emergency, dog wont even go outside...YUCK !!!

Anyway, heres your first look at some real white stuff from the frozen tundras of Ohio."
-------

Even the picture was done in such a way as to be ugly. Did you really look at it? I don't think it was meant to show the beauty of the snow, it was meant to be sarcastic. It was an "I hate snow" post and the rest of the thread may have followed the same type of theme as people posted. It wasn't from the start the light hearted fun thread you seem to think it was.
I guess it's a matter of what each person "sees". Negative people can turn anything ugly.

Old 12-14-2007, 12:33 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,192,429 times
Quote:
I guess it's a matter of what each person "sees". Negative people can turn anything ugly.
No, I think you just missed his point.

Old 12-14-2007, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
No, I think you just missed his point.
To me there is no "point" besides dissecting & one-upping someone else. I still look forward to more snow pix & stories.

Old 12-14-2007, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Feel better now?
Whew!!!! Yeah.... Thanks...

Old 12-14-2007, 12:41 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,512,087 times
Quote:
I still look forward to more snow pix & stories.
Sounds like you are baiting people on....

Use Google; there are a ton of snow pictures & stories on there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida