Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 08:09 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,112,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
My understanding is that when someone plays the race card it is a person of that race using it against another person of a different race. In other words, if Crist were black, an argument may be made that he is playing the race card; as he is not black, I take his excuse as less than playing the race card and more a lame excuse as to why he left the republican party after his defeat by Rubio. Yes, Crist may rightly believe that he was unfairly criticized by members of his own party for meeting Pres. Obama, but that is not playing the race card in my opinion for saying so.
I would say that calling his former party a buncha bigots is playing the race card. Nothing some whites like to do more than play the race card against other whites. It gives them a tingle down their leg.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:11 AM

35,309 posts, read 51,983,690 times
I'd support Crist over the crook Scott
Florida elects Rick Scott who admitted to 14 counts of Medicare fraud - Tampa Bay Hernando County Political Buzz | Examiner.com
Wonder how much more this billionaire has ripped off the public in his current tenure in office
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2011-07...irtiest-deeds/

Old 05-09-2014, 07:26 AM

98 posts, read 289,567 times
Crist was a terrible governor and couldn't win the GOP primary. That is the only reason he then became Independent and now Democrat. He could care less about Florida. He just wants to get re-elected somehow.

Old 05-09-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCSteel View Post
Crist was a terrible governor and couldn't win the GOP primary. That is the only reason he then became Independent and now Democrat. He could care less about Florida. He just wants to get re-elected somehow.
And that's Good Time Charlie for ya.

As I've said before, I didn't post this to debate the relative merits of Crist vs Scott. I am disturbed by the playing of the race card (especially since it's totally bogus in Charlie's case). I think it's despicable and evil because it gets people going against each other, which is a political control mechanism. Keep the sheeple fighting amongst themselves, over social issues, so you can pick their pockets. Both parties do this, btw.

There's an old saying attributed to Mark Twain "Give a man a reputation as an early riser, and that man can sleep till noon". This is what the demos have done and it has been a masterful, if bogus PR campaign over the years, and they've totally managed to hang the Republicans with the racist tag they used to wear since the Civil War. And the repubs can't fight it. How they've accomplished that is completely amazing. But as we saw with the Pinellas demo party chairman, demos really haven't changed much, except for window dressing.

The problem with this whole flinging around of the race card is that the ultimate consequence is that it brings about riots, skirmishes, bloodshed, first on a small scale and then on a much larger scale. The tactic of making groups fight each other is done by sowing rumors and making false accusations, one group stirred up against the other. It is why we see so many conflicts in the world today, all over the planet. Sad to say, Washington is responsible for much of it in modern times. Both the US and USSR used this tactic in Afghanistan and other places in the middle east to get different muslim sects to fight each other, even before 9/11. In the US, this is now becoming the new McCarthyism, so people have to say "I am not now, nor have I ever been, a racist". The trick is to make the accusation, make it stick and force people to deny is. You have now defined them.

Having been, until recently, a career Republican, Good Time Charlie well knows that the "R" word is what Republicans fear the most and they will do almost anything, cave in on any issue to avoid it. Did he think people would forget the real reason he became a demo? I think he did, and he may have not been too far off the mark.

Old 05-09-2014, 09:46 PM

132 posts, read 323,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I like Charlie.
You like politicians who have no integrity?

Old 05-09-2014, 09:59 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,592,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesandbeachbum View Post
You like politicians who have no integrity?
Does the current politician in office have integrity? A guy who should be sitting in a jail cell is running the state.

Old 05-10-2014, 09:11 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,910,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
Does the current politician in office have integrity? A guy who should be sitting in a jail cell is running the state.
Amen to that, I'll pick the lesser of two evils any day as well.

Old 05-10-2014, 11:54 AM

14,799 posts, read 11,940,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
Amen to that, I'll pick the lesser of two evils any day as well.
Well good luck to that. Politicians who should be sitting in jail cells are a dime a dozen.....

Old 05-10-2014, 01:13 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,782,572 times
If Crist loses, is he going to sue the voters?

He's an embarrassment to politics in general. He defines slimy.

Old 05-10-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
If Crist loses, is he going to sue the voters?

He's an embarrassment to politics in general. He defines slimy.
That WAS pretty embarrassing. Cringeworthy. And don't think Jorge Ramos didn't know what Crist was trying to do. I mean, Crist goes on a show with a Hispanic host and blatantly plays the race card when it had no real basis in fact. Ramos is no dummy, he knew it was a complete hand job, but I'm sure it amused him. Or maybe it insulted him. Ramos has been on the political media scene for a long time and he knows exactly what happened with Crist's bid for the Senate and why. I guess he just figures if the gringos want to rip into each other, well, have at it, amigos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida