Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 07:35 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,119,561 times

Advertisements

You've GOT to be kidding me. LMAO! He says he left the GOP because of bigotry.

I beg to differ. He left the GOP because they backed Rubio for Senate instead of him. You can take it to the bank that if the GOP had backed Charlie (as he expected them to do, but they didn't) and he'd won that Senate seat, he'd be riding that elephant in Washington, holding his hand out to be kissed, simpering at his constituents and GOP all. the. way.

He rode Jeb's coattails into the Governor's mansion. I'll never forget that TV commercial with Charlie standing side by side with Jeb, his eyes all moist and his hand over his heart. It was so phony I wanted to reach for a barf bag. This guy will do ANYTHING to hold political office.

Bigots

Old 05-08-2014, 08:29 AM

Good analysis of why Crist really left the GOP.

Charlie Crist didn’t leave the Republican party because of racism. He left it because he couldn’t win a primary.

Old 05-08-2014, 01:09 PM

14,814 posts, read 11,958,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
You've GOT to be kidding me. LMAO! He says he left the GOP because of bigotry.

I beg to differ. He left the GOP because they backed Rubio for Senate instead of him. You can take it to the bank that if the GOP had backed Charlie (as he expected them to do, but they didn't) and he'd won that Senate seat, he'd be riding that elephant in Washington, holding his hand out to be kissed, simpering at his constituents and GOP all. the. way.

He rode Jeb's coattails into the Governor's mansion. I'll never forget that TV commercial with Charlie standing side by side with Jeb, his eyes all moist and his hand over his heart. It was so phony I wanted to reach for a barf bag. This guy will do ANYTHING to hold political office.

Bigots

I've heard him referred to as Charlie the Chameleon, and it seems that this title suits him well.

They think we don't remember what happened, and that when they change the narrative we'll all just go along with that like baubleheads in the rear-view mirror of a car.

IMO it's obvious that Charlie Crist's political perspective changes direction, depending on which way the wind blows. He's a politician, he wants to governor, maybe a senator later on if that comes up again, and he will do or say whatever it takes to get there.

That mention of race, which indeed he never brought up before, just tells me that his transformation as a liberal race-card carrying democrat is complete.....

I liked Charlie Crist when he was the governor of Florida, I voted for him. I thought he was a decent guy, and I liked his more moderate perspective on a number of political issues. And I could hardly turn on anyone because of a pleasant greeting to a political opponent, I figure that one could be cordial to a guest, even to the point of a quick hug, without agreeing with that opponent's political views or acting in accordance with those. So his hugging Obama didn't especially bother me, and I can't understand why that does bother others so much, do they expect someone in that position to punch his guest in the eye to assure their base that he indeed, still opposes everything the opponent stands for?

I think Charlie's path from GOP to Independent to Democrat is a one-way ride though, as it would seem he's burned his bridges back to the GOP.....

Old 05-08-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I've heard him referred to as Charlie the Chameleon, and it seems that this title suits him well.

They think we don't remember what happened, and that when they change the narrative we'll all just go along with that like baubleheads in the rear-view mirror of a car.

IMO it's obvious that Charlie Crist's political perspective changes direction, depending on which way the wind blows. He's a politician, he wants to governor, maybe a senator later on if that comes up again, and he will do or say whatever it takes to get there.

That mention of race, which indeed he never brought up before, just tells me that his transformation as a liberal race-card carrying democrat is complete.....

I liked Charlie Crist when he was the governor of Florida, I voted for him. I thought he was a decent guy, and I liked his more moderate perspective on a number of political issues. And I could hardly turn on anyone because of a pleasant greeting to a political opponent, I figure that one could be cordial to a guest, even to the point of a quick hug, without agreeing with that opponent's political views or acting in accordance with those. So his hugging Obama didn't especially bother me, and I can't understand why that does bother others so much, do they expect someone in that position to punch his guest in the eye to assure their base that he indeed, still opposes everything the opponent stands for?

I think Charlie's path from GOP to Independent to Democrat is a one-way ride though, as it would seem he's burned his bridges back to the GOP.....
Playing the race card is the absolute pinnacle of political evil, IMO. It's a nasty, brutish, divisive tactic mainly employed by one group of whites against the other group of whites, to keep the sheeple fighting among themselves and firmly focused on "social" issues while their pockets are being picked.

Bwa-ha-ha-ha, I remember when there were rumors (which I think were true) that behind the scenes, the democratic party asked Kendrick Meek to step aside for Charlie Crist "for the good of the party". Naturally Meek said no way (he was pretty pissed about it, too), but I have to laugh, because I'm sure Charlie would have been delighted to take Meek's place and he certainly wouldn't have accused himself of racism for shoving aside a black candidate. The most dangerous place in the world to be is between Charlie Crist and a political office.

I had no problem with Crist greeting Obama when he came to the state. I don't care what party you are, or how you feel about the guy, when the president visits your state, if you're the governor, you'd better be front and center. It's a matter of etiquette. To do otherwise is boorish. And really, that's not what sunk Charlie, even though he likes to use it as an excuse. Look at how Chris Christie pandered to Obama during the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy and threw Romney under the bus. It certainly didn't prevent him from being looked at as a Republican presidential contender. Nope. The Republicans were totally behind Christie until he got sunk by Bridgegate.

I'm afraid Charlie did himself in. He could have run for a second term as governor and it would have been a no-brainer. But for many in politics, a Senate seat is the big Kahuna, the prize, the brass ring, the main chance. They want to go to Washington, where the big power is. Screw Tallahassee. I think Charlie wanted it so badly he couldn't hold his water. It was just so obvious. I mean, really, that sudden marriage of his was like a shotgun wedding. He couldn't wait to get to Capitol Hill where he'd be fawned over and courted 24/7 and could give every one that moist, simpering smile of his. Ugh!

Now he wants back into the Governor's Mansion and he's lashing out like a spoiled child denied a lollipop. I think he's probably playing the role of useful idiot for the demos. I understand Bill Nelson hasn't ruled out running for governor.

Old 05-08-2014, 01:59 PM

Here's hoping there are more Morgan & Morgan commercials in Charlie's future!

Weasel.

Old 05-08-2014, 02:07 PM

2,955 posts, read 4,966,029 times
Not much of a choice..... Oh well.

Old 05-08-2014, 02:12 PM

Good Time Charlie plays the race card against the GOP, and here's the democratic chairman in Pinellas County warning a black minister not to run for office against David Jolly. I heard the phone recording, too, when they ran it on the news. You can't make this stuff up.

In wake of Sykes scandal, should Pinellas Democratic chairman Mark Hanisee resign? - SaintPetersBlog

Old 05-08-2014, 02:43 PM

13,260 posts, read 22,673,490 times
Crist actually has been pretty consistent in trying to work with the black community over the years. He's the governor who finally forced an investigation of the Dozier school among other things. While I'm in the camp that says he left the Republicans because he got primaried, not because of the racism. I also feel like he doesn't like that a lot of the nastier part of the Republican Party has gladly gone after Obama and other blacks using every racial stereotype and slur they could come up with.

So call it correlation rather than causality as the statisticians say.

Old 05-08-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Republican Party has gladly gone after Obama and other blacks using every racial stereotype and slur they could come up with.
Oh, please. The Republican party is desperate, I mean DESPERATE to find candidates of color that square with their platform. So desperate, JEB! is reduced to talking about "acts of love." Puh-thetic.

But the demos, they're not not scared to pick up the phone and leave a threatening message for a black candidate to back off, if they feel he might mess with their machine. LOLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta give props to the demos, they have TOTALLY defined the GOP as racist, while shutting down a perfectly good black candidate of their own. If I lived in Pinellas, I'd vote for that guy, before I'd ever vote for Sink. He's a decent, genuinely concerned man of the people. But I guess he got too "uppity" for the demo boss.

BTW, post some links to those alleged stereotypes and slurs, I wanna see 'em. As long as they're not bogus race hoax trash. Like that rep on Capitol Hill who "thought" he heard someone call him a swear.

I'm sick of the whole issue, it's so gross.

Old 05-08-2014, 03:13 PM

Ask Kendrick Meek how "consistent" Crist was back during the Senate race, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida