Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2007, 07:45 PM
309 309 started this thread

1 posts, read 1,894 times

Advertisements

Hi all.
I lived in florida from 81 to 89.
It was a good time. prices were very reasonable and I have now seen that things are out oragous.
We moved back to Michigan in 89 and ran through the boom years. Now the bust is here.
We sold our home and moved to missouri and like it but have no family here. we have family in kansas and florida.
The family we have in florida is near zypher hills or out side of it by 30 miles. I did title work as an escrow officer for 12 years and would like to get back into it.
How is work for this doing in florida?
Are home prices coming back into line or are they still out of site?
When we lived there we bought a home and paid no taxes as the homested exp. was higher than our value.
I have been told now that property taxes are out of site. what is the scoop on taxes and If we keep our home we just built we could rent. what is rent in the area? can you get a good 1 bed for 600 a month?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2007, 07:50 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,343,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 309 View Post
Hi all.
I lived in florida from 81 to 89.
It was a good time. prices were very reasonable and I have now seen that things are out oragous.
We moved back to Michigan in 89 and ran through the boom years. Now the bust is here.
We sold our home and moved to missouri and like it but have no family here. we have family in kansas and florida.
The family we have in florida is near zypher hills or out side of it by 30 miles. I did title work as an escrow officer for 12 years and would like to get back into it.
How is work for this doing in florida?
Are home prices coming back into line or are they still out of site?
When we lived there we bought a home and paid no taxes as the homested exp. was higher than our value.
I have been told now that property taxes are out of site. what is the scoop on taxes and If we keep our home we just built we could rent. what is rent in the area? can you get a good 1 bed for 600 a month?
Work in the title industry is still alive and well. Not as busy as a couple years ago, but fine. (you know to look into the salary differences, but depending on where you are in Missouri, they may not be far off). Insurance and taxes are outrageous in many parts of FL right now. Jax is still good, and some SW areas are ok. Orlando is pretty good. You won't be so lucky to have your 25K homestead exemption be worth more than your home. You'll be paying nicely in taxes. Cha Ching. Home prices are back in line, but I wouldn't call them cheap. Rent in most areas is pretty good b/c homes are taking longer to sell...thus there are more rental options, and renters can be in the driver's seat. Easy 1 bed for 600 in Jax, not sure about elsewhere right now.

My guess is much of this is readily available on the internet since so much inventory is out there. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: