Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 12:32 PM

14 posts, read 30,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew06 View Post
Well. Don't need to deny it LOL just look at the facts 33-34 millions Mexican Americans compare to 5 millions PRs. Sure Mexican people tend to have more kids but also we been longer in U.S than you guys since 1800's
ok but mexican immigration to the u.s. has declined heavily since the recession started in like 2007-08, and it not showing any signs of picking back up to the level it was in the 90s and early 2000s when mexicans was coming over here in the boatloads. since then, the u.s ecomony got much worse, mexico's got slight better (though u.s is still far wealthier than mex) , and border patrol stepped up, sooooo immigration has slowed, no jobs no mexicans.
On the other hand, Puerto Rico is a US territory, so when the u.s is doing bad, PR is doing worse. PR migration to the states is at all-time highs. And unlike in the 1940s-70s when NY and the northeast was the main destination, guess which state is the new hotspot....... FLORIDA
So, if anybody's passing the cubans in florida its PRs

//www.city-data.com/forum/legal...community.html
Copy and paste this link in your search bar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 01:04 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,028,295 times
Quote:
Well. Don't need to deny it LOL just look at the facts 33-34 millions Mexican Americans compare to 5 millions PRs. Sure Mexican people tend to have more kids but also we been longer in U.S than you guys since 1800's
to add/

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-a7rQsKSoym...+by+county.png

Old 07-14-2014, 04:38 PM

790 posts, read 1,259,477 times
Quote:
In Tampa you see all types of Latinos right? In Downtown or walking the street?? Hopefully its not a homogeneous city with only one latino group being dominant. I do like diversity among latinos in cities though.
Depends on the area. Mexicans in the outer parts like Plant City and Ruskin. Puerto Ricans by the stadium area. Dominicans/Colombians/Peruvians in Town n Country. Cubans more close to downtown/east tampa. Theres def a mix but the latinos seem to seperate from each other.

Old 07-14-2014, 05:40 PM

35,371 posts, read 20,737,862 times
I say Clearwater FL just from living there,

Old 07-14-2014, 07:25 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,739,427 times
Quote:
I doubt it lol just look at Georgia. A state where has been White & Black where the Hispanic population specially Mexican has increased more then 3 tree times. I believe the Hispanic population will surpass the African-American population in a few decades the chances are already happening.

And what makes you think that won't happen? Just look at NY. Mexicans will surpass Dominicans in NYC in a few years and by 2022 is estimated it will surpass PR.
Goodness, this entire country is turning into "Los Mexicano States of America".

Take a look at the number of states that have Mexicans as the largest immigrant population.
http://static3.businessinsider.com/i...iginsusmap.png

Old 07-14-2014, 10:46 PM

wow what a map! hmm??

Indians cross 3 million mark in US, 1 million have voting rights - The Times of India

quote Outside the big metropolitan cities, the South Asian population grew the most in Charlotte, North Carolina, increasing 187 per cent over the past ten years. This was followed by Phoenix (Arizona), Richmond (Virginia), Raleigh (North Carolina), San Antonio (Texas), Seattle (Washington), Stockton (California), Jacksonville (Florida), Harrisburg (Pennsylvania), and Las Vegas (Nevada).

CDC - Asian - Asian American - Populations - Racial - Ethnic - Minorities - Minority Health

quote The Census Bureau projects that by the year 2050, there will be more than 40.6 million Asians living in the United States, comprising 9.2 percent of the total U.S. population.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:57 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,032,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
Goodness, this entire country is turning into "Los Mexicano States of America".

Take a look at the number of states that have Mexicans as the largest immigrant population.
http://static3.businessinsider.com/i...iginsusmap.png
They are our southern neighbors. I wonder how many Canadians live in the U.S. full time.

I have no beef with Mexican people. I have found them to be better humans that a lot of other
peoples.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:46 PM

14 posts, read 30,134 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/legal...community.html

Old 07-15-2014, 03:38 PM

56 posts, read 58,455 times
I don't think that there are a lot of Mexicans here in SE Florida. I can't find a taqueria anywhere. I'm originally from Chicago and I could get great tacos just about anywhere.

Old 07-15-2014, 07:52 PM

Tampa and CLearwater could get you authentic. BUT really not a biggie,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida