Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What did you consider?
Yes 29 87.88%
No 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 05:55 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,118,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Yes of course.
So then logically Miami FL and Portland Maine are on the East Coast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 12:24 AM

1,284 posts, read 3,895,213 times
The east coast is everything east on the Chatahoochee from the Apalachicola Bay up to Atlanta,from there the Appalachian mountains are the dividing line of the East coast through the Allegheny mountains to Pittsburgh up to Erie,Pa.It makes no sense to think when someone says east coast they only mean NY,NJ,Conn.etc..If I live in Florida and I say the west coast it doesn't mean LA to San Fran,it means anything close enough to that other coast,Vegas,Reno,Fresno,Sacramento,Boise,Lake Tahoe,Spokane.I'm not overly picky,if the state doesn't touch the coast that's fine it just has to be close enough,if you can get up in the morning and drive to the ocean by dinner you're close enough to be called east coast,west coast.

Last edited by doom1001; 07-18-2014 at 12:36 AM..

Old 07-18-2014, 04:10 AM

729 posts, read 1,299,456 times
Default East Coast, as explained by Wiki....

East Coast of the United States - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-18-2014, 06:21 AM

790 posts, read 1,267,505 times
Seriously no one gives a crap. There is a main difference between the TECHNICAL term and the term in context. Obviously your made up internet education didnt teach you common sense. LOL

edit: What kind of "doctor" cites wikipedia as a source? you are def frauding...

Last edited by The b8nk; 07-18-2014 at 06:32 AM..

Old 07-18-2014, 07:30 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,174,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The b8nk View Post
Seriously no one gives a crap. There is a main difference between the TECHNICAL term and the term in context. Obviously your made up internet education didnt teach you common sense. LOL

edit: What kind of "doctor" cites wikipedia as a source? you are def frauding...
???

Study: Wikipedia as accurate as Britannica - CNET News

Old 07-18-2014, 09:29 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,269,210 times
Pretty much answers the ops question,

Old 07-19-2014, 04:52 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,895,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The b8nk View Post

You are confusing posters. That person has no idea what you're talking about. I am the one with the doctorate, and no, I usually would not cite Wikipedia for anything serious. You can doubt all you want, but I think the depth and specificity of my posts all over this forum would not contradict my background. I have 2 Masters and a doctorate, and have taught at all levels, from daycare kids through multiple years teaching high school, and then multiple years teaching at the university level. I then moved on to consulting work so I could have a more varied lifestyle than constant research alternated with the political maneuvers required in universities and the push for constant publishing. I don't want to churn out books no one will read faster than the speed of light simply to please the current Dept. chair, at the expense of my own life and the quality of my work. I go on the internet to post silly things like C-D info because the rest of my day involves very serious work, including against local violence and oppression, and consulting in genocide reparations and transitional justice abroad for previously war-torn countries. I like to be involved in multiple things at a time, including gardening and learning about how my house works. I don't like to be stuck doing just one thing anymore.

This is my down-time. Which is why I get so annoyed when it devolves into fighting or silly name-calling, which is a huge waste of my time. I come here to relax and learn about my new state on days when I am too busy at my home office to be able to go out and enjoy it in person.

But feel free to keep doubting that I have this background and that I know what I'm talking about. Your opinion of my real life, which you've never even seen, doesn't affect me in the least. I do love being an educator, but if you don't want to learn, then don't learn.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:34 AM

729 posts, read 1,299,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Pretty much answers the ops question,
Thank you.

Old 09-11-2014, 04:32 AM

10,639 posts, read 16,017,724 times
East Coast USA

Old 09-11-2014, 04:49 AM

10,639 posts, read 16,017,724 times
South Coast USA

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida