Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 08:47 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,622,737 times

Advertisements

Look, I'm not hating or whatever u wanna call it, but I swear these little surveys of "top 10 cities for XYZ" are becoming laughable.

Wasn't Tampa and Orlando just on another ranking for "the most miserable" cities in the US?
Also, I read another article where it was "Top 10 cities for housing foreclosures" and Tampa was like number 2. .

and now this one... lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2014, 08:48 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,592,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Look, I'm not hating or whatever u wanna call it, but I swear these little surveys of "top 10 cities for XYZ" are becoming laughable.

Wasn't Tampa and Orlando just on another ranking for "the most miserable" cities in the US?
Also, I read another article where it was "Top 10 cities for housing foreclosures" and Tampa was like number 2. .

and now this one... lol.
Yes, but according to some the negative list are wrong and the positive list are fact.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:16 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,158,236 times
Quote:

and now this one... lol.

Maybe locals were miserable due to the economy. Not that we're completely out of the recession, and another may be around the corner, however, these 2 cities are doing better than before(so naturally people will flock to them for different reasons). That's what these surveys indicate. Penske published the same survey(they probably know better than you who moves and to what places).

Sounds like you're a little jealous of Tampa and Orlando though..

Old 07-24-2014, 10:22 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,215,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I have yet to see any national reports of credibility calling out Orlando as a mecca for high-paying jobs anytime soon.
Just like we have yet to see any credible reports from you that Orlando is somehow worse than South FL or the rest of the country for housing/rent prices compared to salary, despite your continued insistence that's the case.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:41 AM

26,817 posts, read 43,286,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
You need to step off the "high paying jobs" bandwagon.
Okay let's settle on a living wage which is deemed one where you can support yourself halfway comfortably every month which is around $17 an hour in most of Florida where there are 13 job seekers for every projected living wage job opening in Florida, with 64 percent of all job openings paying less than $17 an hour. Another study found the average wage of all Floridians to be around $19 an hour though that was back in 2010-2011 when many jobs were still being eliminated and before the spate of recent hiring paying nowhere near that.

Average annual salary in Florida ranks low nationally - South Florida Business Journal

Report: 64% of Florida job openings pay less than living wage | TBO.com, The Tampa Tribune and The Tampa Times

Old 07-24-2014, 10:57 AM

26,817 posts, read 43,286,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Just like we have yet to see any credible reports from you that Orlando is somehow worse than South FL or the rest of the country for housing/rent prices compared to salary, despite your continued insistence that's the case.
Because you and others have your head in the sand pretending otherwise. I'll post again in hopes you might read and comprehend this time.

Central Florida low-wage workforce: Central Florida metro area job market is the lowest-paying in the country - Orlando Sentinel

Rentals in Florida: Rentals in Florida too high - Orlando Sentinel

Remora Partners: Orlando's Innovation Zone - YouTube

Old 07-24-2014, 11:07 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,622,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Maybe locals were miserable due to the economy. Not that we're completely out of the recession, and another may be around the corner, however, these 2 cities are doing better than before(so naturally people will flock to them for different reasons). That's what these surveys indicate. Penske published the same survey(they probably know better than you who moves and to what places).

Sounds like you're a little jealous of Tampa and Orlando though..
lol, totes jelly. Let me tell u!

greeen

Old 07-24-2014, 11:11 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,158,236 times
Quote:
lol, totes jelly. Let me tell u!

greeen
You like jelly? You should try Pollaner? Paaassssss the Jelly.

Old 07-24-2014, 11:16 AM

214 posts, read 229,234 times
LOL--That entire list is comprised of huge, crowded, sprawling, traffic-jammed and crime-ridden cities.

Many of us have already tired of putting up with all that. A long time ago, in fact.

Jobs, schools, and things like availability of Fine Arts and sports teams are usually among the most crucial factors the people who make these lists take into account.

But what if you don't have to look for a job and your idea if fine arts is to be immersed by nature?

I could not imagine that I would in my wildest dreams (nightmares?) prefer living in, say, a Dallas, TX or a Chicago (really? that poop-hole made the list?) than a Jackson, WY or a Durango, CO or a Sedona, AZ.

And the title of the OP: "Florida is the place to be?" Yeah...just ask any native Floridian or even anyone who has lived there for 20 years or more what they think of what was happened to their state! The natural wildlife is being eradicated faster than a snowcone melting in Phoenix and Drugs & Guns are the cottage industries.

But to each their own, I reckon.

Old 07-24-2014, 11:20 AM

14,799 posts, read 11,940,829 times
Quote:

and now this one... lol.
It's all entirely subjective. I pay no attention to those lists, figuring that where cities or locations land on the depends on the direction of the wind that day, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida