Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 09:12 AM

70 posts, read 272,280 times

Advertisements

I am Moving out of Florida in February. I will be Driving a U Haul 26 Ft Moving Truck on I95. Does anyone know if I have to stop at any weight stations on I95 or the Florida Agricultural checkpoint leaving the Florida State Line? I have never done this before, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2007, 09:52 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,909,539 times
i called the state police (new jersey) before i came down to florida and they told me that you do not have to stop, so i did not, but i am not sure if that is accurate information. (i did not have any trouble though). maybe you could call the florida state police because they would be the ones who would stop you.

Old 12-26-2007, 09:55 AM

1,669 posts, read 6,233,487 times
Some toll booth operator told me that I was supposed to stop at weigh stations in my 26' moving truck, but I never did and it was never a problem.

Old 12-26-2007, 10:30 AM

164 posts, read 652,548 times
We never did when we moved down our you moving back to wildwood .I wish I was lol good luck

Old 12-26-2007, 10:42 AM

24,767 posts, read 28,510,696 times
Just make sure you do not have any fresh fruit in or on you when you cross the line. If they find fresh fruit from FL they will take it from you........or live plants from FL. That's if a AG person stops you........

Old 12-26-2007, 11:26 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,190,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoodcrest1957 View Post
I am Moving out of Florida in February. I will be Driving a U Haul 26 Ft Moving Truck on I95. Does anyone know if I have to stop at any weight stations on I95 or the Florida Agricultural checkpoint leaving the Florida State Line? I have never done this before, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Please listen when I say, don't let the truck out of your site for a minute and do not stay at any motels close to the interstate. It is not an accident or bad luck when people get all their possessions stoled. The pros will be out there stalking you with that truck and all you have to do is give them a chance.

One of you sleep in the truck if you have to. The truck companies who rent them like to keep this dirty little secret because they always get the truck back after is is emptied so they have no real loss. They will never tell you how many actually get stolen. If you just haphazardly drive it around and just park it anywhere for any period of time I would bet the odds are 50 50 you lose everything.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:48 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,431,945 times
When we moved back and forth along the coast (PA - FL - PA - FL) we were advised to go trough weigh stations.
We'd rather payed it safe....and it wasn't a hassle at all.
Better safe then sorry, we thought.
You will notice Agri. C. vehicles and/ or police cars parking at the stations. They CAN stop you for an inspection of the truck, if you decide to just pass by.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINNIEMEME View Post
We never did when we moved down our you moving back to wildwood .I wish I was lol good luck
Yes... Wildwood Crest here We come! I have been in Florida 15 Years, and... well, it's time to come Home!

Old 12-26-2007, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
Please listen when I say, don't let the truck out of your site for a minute and do not stay at any motels close to the interstate. It is not an accident or bad luck when people get all their possessions stoled. The pros will be out there stalking you with that truck and all you have to do is give them a chance.

One of you sleep in the truck if you have to. The truck companies who rent them like to keep this dirty little secret because they always get the truck back after is is emptied so they have no real loss. They will never tell you how many actually get stolen. If you just haphazardly drive it around and just park it anywhere for any period of time I would bet the odds are 50 50 you lose everything.
Now I am More afraid that anything! So You think that We should just Drive straight thru?

Old 12-26-2007, 01:59 PM

164 posts, read 652,548 times
I used to drive straight through 17 hrs to philly .You can alway's stop at a rest stop that has a 24 hour security . I did that a few times rested then drove and I did it alone that was 14 years we been down here .Well good luck oh how i miss the boardwalk and the beaches up there.Where were you down here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: