Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2017, 02:23 PM

51 posts, read 64,096 times

Advertisements

My brother really likes fishing so my parents are planning to take him somewhere in Florida for his senior trip since he is graduating high school. I was wondering what places in Florida were good for fishing both freshwater and saltwater species. Since this is a vacation, the main spot would have to be on the beach for my parents who aren't too crazy about fishing. I am in college right now for accounting, and I am considering pursuing my M.Acc. or M.Fin. after undergrad school. Since I have been considering moving to Florida, Washington, or Colorado from East, TN my whole life, I was wondering what places would be good to visit in terms of future living as well. I am thinking about attending grad school in one of these states to broaden my network and diversify my education all while seeing how I like the area. I don't really fish now, but I feel like I would like deep sea fishing or any saltwater fishing in general. I also ride motorcycles and plan to at least ride dirt bikes for the rest of my life. I have a very strong fascination with boating and the ocean. I have been to Navarre Beach, Pensacola, Ft. Walton, PCB, Destin, Tampa, and Orlando. Most of my visits that I can remember were the pan handle. I know I don't like the traffic in Orlando. If I were to move, I would probably plan on living near the ocean. The only thing I don't like about Florida is that it is flat land with no mountains. Every time I have visited, I haven't really minded the heat or humidity because I feel it is about the same in East, TN. If you have any questions feel free to ask! I am trying to give my mom ideas for good places for my brother while also scoping out the future! If you have recommendations for a different city/state feel free to leave them here as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2017, 02:25 PM

Also here is another one of my threads that kind of describes what I am looking for based off of one thing; however, I am willing to give up a little of one hobby for many others.

//www.city-data.com/forum/gener...e-u-s-off.html

Old 03-10-2017, 02:50 PM

27,224 posts, read 43,942,133 times
I would recommend the Fort Myers-Cape Coral area where there's loads of inland fresh water fishing and salt water Gulf fishing along with plentiful boating in an area that's not overdeveloped like much of Florida. Florida Gulf Coast University in Fort Myers offers graduate programs in both Business and Accounting.

Boating
https://www.fortmyers-sanibel.com/di...rt-myers-beach
FGCU Admissions

Old 03-10-2017, 02:54 PM

18 posts, read 19,502 times
I would suggest renting a place in Pine Island, maybe the Bokeelia area. Very quiet laid back and may find a rental or airbnb that would have a pool for the afternoon time.

Old 03-11-2017, 05:44 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Johns Pass in western St Pete will address all your fishing needs Johnspass
A seemingly endless beach, much to do other than fishing and the general St Pete area is also a good place to live.St. Petersburg Florida - Things to Do & Attractions in St. Petersburg FL

Old 03-12-2017, 11:49 AM

Thanks for the awesome replies guys! I will research and look into all of these places today!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida