U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2007, 11:00 PM

354 posts, read 1,218,228 times

Advertisements

I am a drum corps person and this summer was pleasantly surprised to attend a couple of band competitions. These kids and programs are pretty good.

who are your favorites???
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 05:55 AM

5,701 posts, read 23,409,119 times
Thumbs up Niceville High band smelling like a rose

The band is preparing to leave for Pasadena, Calif. for the 119th Tournament of Roses Parade before the Rose Bowl on New Year’s Day.

http://community.emeraldcoast.com/on...e=article.html

Old 12-28-2007, 06:36 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,265,816 times
Barron Collier High school marching band is amazing. They recently were invited to China last year and have also been featured at England for their new years eve parade, Paris,Spain, Scotland, Austria, Italy. And the movie Drumline was inspiried by some of the moves they do...
On top of the marching band they also front bagpipes, and fire twirling batons. And a section called Fresh Trash where they use garbage cans to make great music lol. Gues they like to mix it up!

Bchs Drumline

This is the best video I can find that features what the band does.. Not only do the front lines and flag dancers dance but the entire band dances every song. They also do this while marching..

Dancing band

This one is better actually just closer so you can't see the whole band.. I dunno about you but I don't think I could be doing kicks and playing a flute!

Better quailty kicks and all show....

Fresh Trash

Old 12-29-2007, 08:55 AM

Default Port Charlotte High

Port Charlotte High School is pretty good....

http://www.myspace.com/theprideofpor...temarchingband

Old 12-29-2007, 09:15 AM

Talking Great promo - Florida State Finals

Great promo - Florida State Finals

http://www.fmbcpromo.com/ (broken link)

Old 12-29-2007, 04:36 PM

Smile Teal Sound Drum Corps - Jax

Teal Sound Drum Corps - Jax

Nice web site too....

Teal Sound

Old 12-30-2007, 04:55 PM

Talking Sarasota Drum Corps

New drum Corps - Sarasota Sun Devils All-Age Drum Corps

Sun Devils

Old 12-30-2007, 05:02 PM

1 posts, read 9,259 times
Well 1 band from GA sticks out in my mind- The Walton Raider Band from Marietta, GA. They played a show entirely compose of music by the band "Yes". Their marching was superior to anyone else's. The lead singer from "Yes"- now they are no longer together, was sent a copy of the show and he called the school and now wants to work with the band kids. I know they are not from FL, but that was the show he saw (St. Petersburg, BOA). They kicked booty! This show was all about the music and the marching, no props were used.

Old 11-26-2016, 04:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,653 times
Riverview High school in Sarasota is really good, they preformed at the Macy's Thanksgiving parade in NYC numerous times...

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=...%252B2.jpg&f=1

Old 03-06-2017, 05:39 PM

2 posts, read 2,880 times
Default Tarpon Springs Outdoor Performance Ensemble

Hello? Tarpon Springs won the Bands of America Grand National Championship in 2014, then recently placed 4th at the Bands of America Grand National Championship this year. They're probably the best marching band in the Southeast United States, and are definitely one of the top bands in the country. Score-wise, they scored a 97.15 when they won the Grand National Championship in 2014 and 95.7 this year at Grand Nats. At the Atlanta Super Regional, they have almost no competition except for one year that Broken Arrow High School from Oklahoma went there, but otherwise, they have been undefeated for the last few years at the Atlanta Super Regional. I got to witness their show, "Pandora" in person when I competed with my marching band at the Tarpon Springs Outdoor Music Festival, and they were simply mind-blowing. I think that the best marching band in Florida is definitely Tarpon Springs.

Besides them, I think Park Vista deserves a mention after their 4th place finish at the Atlanta Super Regional and their 1st place finish at FMBC Class 5A State Finals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida