U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 03:06 PM

37 posts, read 40,088 times

Advertisements

Hello! Trying to move from ohio to Florida! We are a small family, my husband and I have 3 children. He's a landscape artist and I hear there's work there all yr round! I'm a cna as well as I am a freelance actress and model and I hear there's tons of agencies down there. We do not want to live in a big city, we'd rather have the rural country type small town life. Maybe within an hour of a city. Little to no crime area most preferred, good school, kids activities. We've so far been suggested the villages fl and punta Gorda fl. We were originally told pensacola fl but I looked up the crime rate on neighborhood squad.com and it said pensacola had an extremely high crime rate so no thank youuuu, we are good on all that mess! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2014, 03:48 PM

*bump*

Old 11-19-2014, 05:05 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,330,214 times
Whoever told those communities weren't thinking you guys had kids their both pretty much retirement cities and I wouldn't suggest those areas. Since your into modeling I'm may I suggest Miami Lakes, Miami Springs, Cooper City,Coconut Creek and Weston for starters. If you could give me more info about your price range then I could suggest further. Miami has one the best modeling industries in the country outside of NY and LA so I think their opportunities here.

Old 11-19-2014, 05:23 PM

20,829 posts, read 20,345,879 times
Have you ever heard of a model or actress working from a small rural town? I haven't...

Old 11-19-2014, 06:21 PM

8,924 posts, read 17,496,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Have you ever heard of a model or actress working from a small rural town? I haven't...
Only if they luck into a tv series filming nearby or are willing and financially able to fly out for auditions. Jeff Daniels raised his kids in Podunk, Michigan, but he was well set up to commute to Hollywood from nearby Detroit Metro airport when the project called for it.

For a 'Girl in Bar #2' role, probably not worth it, unless you need that to keep a SAG card or insurance.

If you want to get acting work in Miami, genuinely fluent Spanish probably helps a lot.

Old 11-19-2014, 06:21 PM

Hey BMW have you heard of a car?? Yeah I hear those things help you travel....jack ass.

Old 11-19-2014, 06:22 PM

I currently live in wakeman ohio, an hour south of Cleveland ohio and I travel all the time for auditions, we have a big film community here. I've been in two movies....just in case anybody wants to know lol

Old 11-19-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Only if they luck into a tv series filming nearby or are willing and financially able to fly out for auditions. Jeff Daniels raised his kids in Podunk, Michigan, but he was well set up to commute to Hollywood from nearby Detroit Metro airport when the project called for it.

For a 'Girl in Bar #2' role, probably not worth it, unless you need that to keep a SAG card or insurance.

If you want to get acting work in Miami, genuinely fluent Spanish probably helps a lot.
Miami comes off to me like bimbo city. Not good for kids. Lol. I'd live maybe in a small town an hour or two from it though!

Old 11-19-2014, 06:29 PM

Here's my imdb so you can see my film credits, one isn't on there though but we are currently filming "red acquisition". Tara O. Horvath - IMDb

And my modelmayhem: ModelMayhem.com - TaraOliviaHorvath - Model - Wakeman, Ohio, US

Old 11-19-2014, 07:07 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,017,189 times
I'm lmao at this thread. OP, are you serious? The Villages with three kids, a landscape artist, and an actress. Sounds like a recipe for success. Lol. You're a dime a dozen down in Florida. Good luck, you'll need it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or