Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2014, 09:59 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
I'm not a working class minion, but Florida is overflowing with them. The poster I was responding to was describing life in Florida from a vacation point of view not living there full time. Florida is severely lacking in quality jobs, this has been proven on C-D many times.

It's been STATED many times on CD threads, but proven? Haven't seen that yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 10:09 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,176,629 times
Seems IL is worse.. never mind quality jobs.

""The economic recovery in Illinois remains terribly weak. Our state has failed to make a strong comeback from the Great Recession that ended four years ago, in June 2009. We are falling further behind not just Texas, but practically every other state — including states such as Indiana that can make stronger arguments for luring Illinois businesses relatively short distances.""

Only Nevada has a higher unemployment rate than Illinois.

The Illinois jobs crisis - Chicago Tribune

Old 12-02-2014, 10:35 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,623,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
[/b]It's been STATED many times on CD threads, but proven? Haven't seen that yet.
I'm not going back to dig up all the articles that have been posted to prove the point. Besides, anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows this.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Seems IL is worse.. never mind quality jobs.

""The economic recovery in Illinois remains terribly weak. Our state has failed to make a strong comeback from the Great Recession that ended four years ago, in June 2009. We are falling further behind not just Texas, but practically every other state — including states such as Indiana that can make stronger arguments for luring Illinois businesses relatively short distances.""

Only Nevada has a higher unemployment rate than Illinois.

The Illinois jobs crisis - Chicago Tribune
Never mind quality jobs? Lol. You live in a metro that gets all warm and fuzzy when Amazon opens a warehouse or another retail place opens shop.

BTW, I didn't read the opinion piece you dug up from the Tribune. Also, I don't live in Chicago full time anymore so you'll need to find another comparison when you get butt hurt. Maybe Seattle again?

Old 12-02-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Never mind quality jobs? Lol. You live in a metro that gets all warm and fuzzy when Amazon opens a warehouse or another retail place opens shop.

BTW, I didn't read the opinion piece you dug up from the Tribune. Also, I don't live in Chicago full time anymore so you'll need to find another comparison when you get butt hurt. Maybe Seattle again?
You move around too much like a gypsy huh? Good for you, get closer to your real roots.

I have a quality job and don't get butt hurt, nor have i become a nomad following jobs. If you have real skills, you can find good jobs in FL. If not, you constantly move like yourself..

Old 12-02-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:

From your posts it seems to me you're the one who gets all "butt hurt" when someone questions or disputes your blanket claims about the misery of Florida, "Not_liking-FL". (LOL, seems your screen name is a neon-sign clue as to your perspective on the place, and calls into question any objectivity in what you might have to say about the place. Guess you haven't figured that out yet, LOL).

We get it, you don't like Florida, or anything about it, and you for some reason feel compelled to bash it, as well as anyone who disagrees with you about it, any chance you get. As I've said before, it's unfortunate that your own experience in Florida left you so unhappy, hopefully you left it for somewhere you can be happy. But dwelling on your negative thoughts about Florida, or anywhere/anything else you find objectionable only hurts you. Others don't care.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:
You move around too much like a gypsy huh? Good for you, get closer to your real roots.

I have a quality job and don't get butt hurt, nor have i become a nomad following jobs. If you have real skills, you can find good jobs in FL. If not, you constantly move like yourself..
Amen!

Old 12-02-2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:

I have the same job I had in Florida with the same company, genius.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:

Maybe you don't know what a "quality job" is... Or perhaps it hasn't dawned on you that "quality" may just mean different things to different people.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:28 AM

Quote:
I have the same job I had in Florida with the same company, genius.
Sounds like a nomad life to me, especially if you "already" moved away from Chicago. Tell us where you moved so we can dig up some dirt(makes wasting bandwidth here more interesting).

Best place is a state of mind. For some, FL comes close due to their lifestyles. In the end, everything is subjective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida