Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2014, 12:04 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,170,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
I have a quality job and don't get butt hurt, nor have i become a nomad following jobs. If you have real skills, you can find good jobs in FL. If not, you constantly move like yourself..
You know what's funny to me? I grew up in Florida. Most of the people I graduated with moved out of state, particularly those who got college degrees.

I don't know why everyone else moved, but I know why I moved. I left because it was impossible to compete for decent jobs with the semi-young retirees who had lots of experience and were willing to work for peanuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 02:40 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
[/b]It's been STATED many times on CD threads, but proven? Haven't seen that yet.
I have seen it "stated" many times, but never "proven".

Old 12-02-2014, 02:54 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
Guess it depends on what you consider a "quality" job but UB50 makes a good point about college grads leaving the state to better their careers ...

Old 12-02-2014, 03:11 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
The stress level is very high for the working class minions who make up a large percentage of the population. If it's so business friendly were are the businesses? You clearly have not spent much time in the state.
Where is there a state that does not have working class "minions' who make up a large percentage of the population?

Old 12-02-2014, 03:23 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,622,852 times
Quote:
And it's never been proven otherwise. There is the one guy though who likes to post pages from Indeed with a bunch of random, low-paying, dead-end jobs.

Old 12-02-2014, 03:29 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,745,864 times
I have traveled the world for work, and most of the times I spend my day inside of a airport, conference room and hotel room, few days on a mining field. The little time that I was "off" in the countries that I visited were enjoyable and it was a experience. Would I want to live there? Only if I were rich and better off then I am now.

I don't know if it is because I have live here for so long that it is a comfort zone, but when I am away from south Florida I miss her a lot. When I live here, especially now in snow bird and Brazilian summer vacation time, I hate it!

I know that I want to retire here, just not in Miami.

Old 12-02-2014, 03:44 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Guess it depends on what you consider a "quality" job but UB50 makes a good point about college grads leaving the state to better their careers ...
I don't think anyone would argue that there can be better places "overall" for career opportunities. That is the case for a lot of states. I think the disagreement is about how bad some claim it is here.

Last edited by The Villages Guy; 12-02-2014 at 06:10 PM..

Old 12-02-2014, 03:50 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Where is there a state that does not have working class "minions' who make up a large percentage of the population?
I assume "minion" can be defined by a salary level or hourly wage ?

Old 12-02-2014, 04:53 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
Quote:
I don't think anyone would argue that there cane be better places "overall" for career opportunities. That is the case for a lot of states. I think the disagreement is about how bad some claim it is here.
It all depends on what you are capable of in the employment world. It is also very dependent on where you would like to live. A lot of people keep chasing after the buck because they cant cut it where they were. Then they find out they cant cut it where they are now. Vicious cycle. For others there is never a level of happiness and that keeps them moving around.

FL is a great place to be if you can fit in.

If heat, humidity, bugs, people, and a list of other things bother you, you will never be happy in FL.

I think some people found FL not to their liking and moved on. Its strange that those same people come back to keep up their attack on a state. A state is only as good as its people.

These fanatics with their disapproval of a place they dont live or belong need counseling to find out what is wrong with their lives that causes them to constantly rant on a place they have nothing to do with.

Crackpots.

Old 12-02-2014, 04:55 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,916,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
The stress level is very high for the working class minions who make up a large percentage of the population. If it's so business friendly were are the businesses? You clearly have not spent much time in the state.

Yea, I was gonna say low stress level? Not in FL. He must not live here, and I'm not trying to poop on the attributes FL has to offer, but minimum stress level is not one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida