Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2014, 06:45 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times

Advertisements

FLORIDA - it's in my top 5 i would say. I'd say NC, SC, GA, TN and FL would be my top 5 states. i know there are other great states out there, but i love the southeast and wouldnt wanna live anywhere else. lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 06:45 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Strange the roaches I found in one rental in CA must have been on vacation from FL.
ROFLMAO

Well, I think after humans are finished destroying one another, the roach will still be here.

To those of you who think only Florida has big, nasty roaches, look at this picture.

[url=http://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/look-out-southwest-theres-new-cockroach-town-f2D11733544]Look out, Southwest, there's a new cockroach in town - NBC News[/url]

Old 12-29-2014, 06:46 PM

703 posts, read 870,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
ROFLMAO

Well, I think after humans are finished destroying one another, the roach will still be here.

To those of you who think only Florida has big, nasty roaches, this is an interesting video

Look out, Southwest, there's a new cockroach in town - NBC News
It doesn't matter. The roaches are WAYYYY WORSE in *gulp.. vomit in mouth* FLORID.. *vomit*

Old 12-29-2014, 06:58 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
the roaches are pretty bad here in FL.

Old 12-29-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewimaech235 View Post
California has regulations to keep the state the way it is. You're even admitting the flaws of FL more than you are CA. Plus, given your username, your response is a biased one.

I was responding to Nancy, simple mistake. CA has less shortcomings. Have you even ever been to CA?
California has more (and less) of everything. You can't compare it with Florida. Even at the beginning of the 20th century, Calif had about 2 million people and Florida only had 500,000.

Gosh, I know that was 115 years ago, but now that I'm looking at the population growth, we really need to stop procreating for a while.

Old 12-29-2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
the roaches are pretty bad here in FL.
Again, it depends on how you manage your home. I've moved into some badly infested places and eventually rid the property of all bugs. The worst home was one I rented on Sanibel Island. It was as if they had taken over the home. There were also giant spiders. I felt really badly when I killed one (it took a while) since it wasn't harming me at all, just sitting on the ceiling, probably waiting for one of those big palmetto bugs to crawl by.

Now I realize that we're the most dangerous creatures on Earth.

Old 12-29-2014, 07:26 PM

104 posts, read 115,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
I don't doubt the authenticity at all ... Have you spent any time in countries that are considered third world? Hygiene is not high on the priority list.
Sadly, this is true.

Old 12-29-2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
I don't doubt the authenticity at all ... have you spent any time in countries that are considered third world ?
Hygiene is not high on the priority list.
Yes, I have. I guess finding clean water to drink and enough food to eat is more important.

By the way, those are not the people he was referring to, since Cubans in this country are usually highly educated. If you think this last recession was bad, I wouldn't even want to imagine what would happen if we didn't have Hispanic businesses which contributed around $500 billion this year to our economy.

Old 12-29-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Deckard View Post
100% True. I saw with my own eyes. Horrible!
So? I had lots of Mexican neighbors when I lived in Bonita Springs, since I was there for over 13 years. One family was very messy and others kept an immaculate home. Why stereotype a particular race or nationality when there are just as many born in the USA Irish, Italian, German.. slobs? Ever watch one of those cable shows about hoarding? Those people all look very pale to me and they're certainly not speaking Spanish.

Old 12-29-2014, 07:45 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Yes, I have. I guess finding clean water to drink and enough food to eat is more important.

By the way, those are not the people he was referring to, since Cubans in this country are usually highly educated. If you think this last recession was bad, I wouldn't even want to imagine what would happen if we didn't have Hispanic businesses which contributed around $500 billion this year to our economy.
There are Cubans here that are not highly educated and what do law-abiding Hispanic business folks have to do with someone dumping excrement and trash on the side of the road ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida