Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 02:56 PM

27 posts, read 162,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJayMaJay View Post
They DO look ready and I SURE AM READY!!!

That makes two of us!! As a matter of fact I went shopping at the Daytona Target today. As I'm driving down 95, I'm annoyed that I have to spend extra money on gas to get down there while there's one right under my nose where I should be spending that "extra" money. Oh well, hopefully May 2 is the date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2008, 07:40 AM

200 posts, read 683,934 times
Oops sorry to link to a blog above - had no idea it was a blog, ...I just saw it listed as the latest "growth" rumor versus fact info site about our city and county.

Wyndsong, I agree with you......I am ready to shop and my husband is quite fearful!!

Old 04-22-2008, 08:51 PM

8 posts, read 35,823 times
Linen and Things pulled out because the company filed bankruptcy..

Old 04-22-2008, 09:16 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,169,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJayMaJay View Post
It was in our local News Journal Paper back in Jan. I believe. Maybe early FEB....but I think it was JAN. Everyone was so upset about it. Suppose to open in March but they said they wanted to hold off until all the other stores open up and economy picks up a bit more.

I will see if I can find that again.

They DO look ready and I SURE AM READY!!!
Second hand info from friends who work for the city of Palm Coast is that Target must wait to open until the other stores are ready. Had more to do with city regs than the economy. ????? Target had all their exterior signage & security lights on tonight. I can't wait, either...I HATE Wal-Mart.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:15 AM

58 posts, read 212,503 times
My wife is ecstatic and can't wait. I'm glad that we will have something other than Wal Mart and save $$ by not driving so far.

There are things happening on the property that Kohl's is supposed to be built on. Anybody know anything?

They've started building the fire station to replace the old one where the Kohl's is supposed to go.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:52 PM

147 posts, read 568,699 times
JUly is when Target is currently scheduled for. I would be wary of PC because so many homes in nice sections are being rented to 2, 3 or 4 blue collar workers and their trucks are on lawns, driveways and the streets. The streets are littered, lawns don't get cut until Code Enforcement makes them cut. It no longer is a nice place to live. Plantation Bay and Halifax Plantation would be where I would explore.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaglerwrangler View Post
I would be wary of PC because so many homes in nice sections are being rented to 2, 3 or 4 blue collar workers and their trucks are on lawns, driveways and the streets. The streets are littered, lawns don't get cut until Code Enforcement makes them cut. It no longer is a nice place to live. Plantation Bay and Halifax Plantation would be where I would explore.
Sometimes 2 or 3 FAMILIES! We had a temp worker who lives with her boyfriend & 9 other migrant workers. 11 in one house!

So many people bought homes thinking they'd make a quick buck and now are lucky to rent them at all! Such a shame for the PC residents who take care of their property, to have to wonder who your neighbor's going to be next month.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:44 PM

58 posts, read 212,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg II View Post
Sometimes 2 or 3 FAMILIES! We had a temp worker who lives with her boyfriend & 9 other migrant workers. 11 in one house!

So many people bought homes thinking they'd make a quick buck and now are lucky to rent them at all! Such a shame for the PC residents who take care of their property, to have to wonder who your neighbor's going to be next month.
What sections are you talking about because where I'm at in the B section I'm not seeing what you are talking about. Lawns are taken care of and I'm not seeing trucks on lawns etc... I have rental properties self managed and it's not one of my properties. Perhaps in Bunnell or the P seciton? Maybe you could contact code enforcement or immigration to help keep the area up? I agree there are a lot of rentals.

Lots of the foreclosed homes are going for much less now almost back down to 2002-03 prices. Good time for first time buyers but tough job market in the county for them and everyone else.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman10 View Post
What sections are you talking about because where I'm at in the B section I'm not seeing what you are talking about. Lawns are taken care of and I'm not seeing trucks on lawns etc... I have rental properties self managed and it's not one of my properties. Perhaps in Bunnell or the P seciton? Maybe you could contact code enforcement or immigration to help keep the area up? I agree there are a lot of rentals.

Lots of the foreclosed homes are going for much less now almost back down to 2002-03 prices. Good time for first time buyers but tough job market in the county for them and everyone else.
I don't know what sections wrangler is referring to, but parts of some streets are downright slummy-looking: parts of the "P" section, duplexes in the "Burning" section, even some areas in the "E" section. The "F" section is awful.

I don't and would never live in Palm Coast. I live downtown Bunnell, a separate town & the county seat of Flagler. IT IS NOT Palm Coast. It's more like Mayberry. Most of my neighbors have lived here for decades and take care of their yards. I don't care if somebody has a boat in their driveway. At least I know who my neighbors are.

Palm Coast most definitely has restrictions & codes in the city charter which the homeowners are required to follow.
The problem is absentee homeowners & renters (or homeowners who don't care.)

Just look at what happened to Deltona, another "planned community."

Old 04-29-2008, 10:56 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman10 View Post
Me either, Rocketman. I live in the E section and on my street alone there have been three homes completed in the last four months- all from upscale builders and all with beautiful landscaping and exterior upgrades. And all have families living in them.

They just broke ground on another home on my street last week and it's another big one from an upscale builder.

I don't see the slums that are being described in any neighborhoods. There are some homes that are obvious rentals- some with little or no landscaping, some with grass that looks a little crappy.

But I also notice that Code Enforcement deals with these things quickly.

As for Bunnell- it could be a nice small older town. But the projects, the drug activity, the regular robberies at the gas stations and ATM machine make me scared to even drive through there on US 1 or Hwy 100. And the west part of bunnell & daytona north is loaded with run down trailers and the slumlike conditions described above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida