Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 03:04 PM

13,619 posts, read 7,932,752 times

Advertisements

To the OP, if you don't like Yankees and don't like hearing about how "everything is better up nawth", DO NOT move to Palm Coast. They might as well call it New Jersey/York South.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 07:56 PM

58 posts, read 212,487 times
Cool So. Floridians too!

[color="DeepSkyBlue"]QUOTE=FSUMike;3614239]To the OP, if you don't like Yankees and don't like hearing about how "everything is better up nawth", DO NOT move to Palm Coast. They might as well call it New Jersey/York South.[/quote]

Don't forget there's a lot of So. Fla. folks that moved up here to get away from the rat race down there. There's a fan club that meets at HighJackers. GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Old 05-20-2008, 05:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,975 times
Cool Where to live??

I just finished graduate school and I am thinking about taking a job in Ormond Beach. I think that I would rather live in Palm Coast for now because it is closer to St. Augustine and it seems like a nice area. Can someone give me a heads up on where NOT to live in Palm Coast. I am not sure that I want to live there permanently so I will rent at first. All this talk about trucks on lawns and littering! I promise I'll be good~

Old 05-20-2008, 07:08 PM

58 posts, read 212,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slpschoolgirl View Post
I just finished graduate school and I am thinking about taking a job in Ormond Beach. I think that I would rather live in Palm Coast for now because it is closer to St. Augustine and it seems like a nice area. Can someone give me a heads up on where NOT to live in Palm Coast. I am not sure that I want to live there permanently so I will rent at first. All this talk about trucks on lawns and littering! I promise I'll be good~
If you're going to work in Ormond you may want to stay on the south side of Palm Coast so you'll save on gas and time or at least be near US 1 and you can get to Ormond that way if you don't want to go I-95. Seminole Woods and Cypress Knoll are both nice areas. Lots of duplexes for rent all around. If you want to be right near the beach you could try for a rental in Flagler Beach. Get a map of Palm Coast area so you can see all the access roads that can get you to Ormond easiest. Your best bet is to come here, look around and explore to get a feel for the area. Just make sure you have a job in place first. Good Luck.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:06 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,146 times
Quail Hollow is also nice and very close to Ormond Beach.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:49 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,168,974 times
Parts of the "K" section (all the streets begin with "K",) Quail Hollow, and the "S" section, Seminole Woods, are very close to US 1, a 15 minute straight shot to Ormond. Both are pretty well kept neighborhoods, they're nowhere near the old main area of Palm Coast. About 10 minutes to the new town center. As far as living in Flagler Beach, unless you're working beachside in Ormond, add another 10 miles to your commute, and when the snowbirds are here, it'll seem like 50!

Old 06-05-2008, 02:27 PM

20 posts, read 47,452 times
Default Where to live if working at Flaggler Hospital

Greetings All

I have read through your post and have quite a bit of information. Since I am not sure of the geographics...

I will be working at Flaggler Hospital in Palm Coast. I am single, not much of a bar fly but will want to have a life and enjoy meeting people and developing friendships.

Any guidance would be appreciated

Old 06-28-2008, 04:03 PM

74 posts, read 173,967 times
Smile Thinking about moving to Palm Coast

My husband and I are thinking about moving to PC we are in our sixties and need medical and shopping not too far away. We moved from Miami 2 yrs ago to Tenn and are not happy living in the country everything is too far away. The area is beautiful for everyone that's want to moved here but, get prepared too drive a distant for everything. Pls can anyone help us to find a good area, home around 170,000 - should we looked in FLagler Bch too? We are from MIami for 46yrs. so this was a big adjustment for us. I just register so I am not sure I am doing this right. Thanks, Tenn Sr.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:32 PM

93 posts, read 371,003 times
I think you'll find living anywhere in Palm Coast is close to shopping. This is a small county and we have several areas for shopping.

The new Town Center is going in on the south end (SR 100 and Belle Terre) of PC so if that is extremely important you may want to check out areas down that way.

Wal Mart, Home Depot, Lowe's is more central near Palm Coast Pkwy and Cypress Point Rd. If you can get a local map that would be your best bet for finding this information. You can contact the Chamber of Commerce and I believe they will send you a map for free.

You should be able to find a home in your price range now that prices have come down. Our neighbor who had been a renter for 3 yrs found one for $190k. The bargains are out there. Hope this has helped and good luck.

Old 06-29-2008, 06:44 PM

50 posts, read 194,822 times
The E, S, U, Z, K sections are all good neighborhoods near Rt 100 where all the new stores are going in. Also the hospital is on Rt. 100, and many doctor offices. Loads of good deals right now in the real estate market, even the investors are coming back and buying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida