Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 07:58 PM

434 posts, read 530,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Because of the problems occurring in Syria, The U.N. wants to relieve the pressure of having so many displaced Syrian Muslims. The U.S. Government has agreed to take a first wave of 70,000 of them and spread them through out 49 states in 180 cities.
The immediate up front cost will be $1 Billion. Not included in the $1 Billion is the cost of unaccompanied children, food stamps, housing, interpreters, Medicaid, WIC, TANF, schooling, or additional 'chain' migration for other family members. These costs will be funded by the states and cities tax payers.
Cities in Florida that will get new residents are- Clearwater, Delray Beach, Doral, Jacksonville, Miami, Naples, North Port, Orlando, Palm Beach, Pensacola, Plantation, Riviera Beach, Tallahassee, Tampa.
I knew this thread was going to be trolling rightwingnut BS.

Your claim of 70,000 Syrian refugees being sent here is 100% false.

70,000 is the average number of Intl refugees the US accepts in any given year. The total number of Syria's 3.2 million refugees who have been accepted into the USA thus far is around 300. There are 9,000 more seeking asylum here. Not 70.000.

http://www.latimes.com/world/middlee...211-story.html

Like others have mentioned, I can't wait to have some more people in the community who love being in America, and love the safe and prosperous life someone can build for themselves in America. Unlike self entitled neoconfederate Americans, who claim they love America, while vigorously hating the American people and everything America stands for.

Last edited by JasonAnc; 12-16-2014 at 08:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2014, 11:05 PM

24,405 posts, read 26,951,108 times
I feel bad for the ones who will be relocated to Pensacola, I can imagine they will be surrounded by people who think all Muslims are terrorists.

Old 12-16-2014, 11:30 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,969,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I feel bad for the ones who will be relocated to Pensacola, I can imagine they will be surrounded by people who think all Muslims are terrorists.
And Riviera Beach... Sounds like they are moving from one war zone to another.

Seriously though I don't believe this is true.

http://www.latimes.com/world/middlee...211-story.html

I feel really bad for those Syrians. They are doing anything to escape that war over there. I have seen them on the news even going through Africa to get to Europe. It's horrible.

Last edited by Sugah Ray; 12-16-2014 at 11:41 PM..

Old 12-16-2014, 11:34 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,678,811 times
These refugees escaping horrific realities in their homelands, no one should bash them or use them as pawns. Have a problem with Islam, fine. But leave these people who are human beings out . Nothing will happen to Florida. The world needs to do far more for these refugees, not just the U.S or West but all across the world. Even the likes of Iran and Russia. Syria's neighbors are already up to their necks with refugees.

Old 12-17-2014, 08:32 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Good grief. Some things are more important than a variety of ethnic cuisine. Does your life revolve around food that much?
Well nothing better than enjoying some quality Falafel and Hummus while reading Infowars on a daily basis...

Old 12-17-2014, 08:34 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonAnc View Post
I knew this thread was going to be trolling rightwingnut BS.

Your claim of 70,000 Syrian refugees being sent here is 100% false.

70,000 is the average number of Intl refugees the US accepts in any given year. The total number of Syria's 3.2 million refugees who have been accepted into the USA thus far is around 300. There are 9,000 more seeking asylum here. Not 70.000.

U.S. to accept Syrian refugees in greater numbers after slow start - LA Times

Like others have mentioned, I can't wait to have some more people in the community who love being in America, and love the safe and prosperous life someone can build for themselves in America. Unlike self entitled neoconfederate Americans, who claim they love America, while vigorously hating the American people and everything America stands for.
I knew as well, but don't forget there are those who actually believe what comes out of Alex Jones mouth is fact and the sky is falling mentality...

Old 12-17-2014, 08:37 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,827,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
This is good news, I cannot wait for the influx of good Middle Eastern Cuisine that will come along with these new immigrants...hopefully some will open restaurants and food trucks!
And maybe some fun neighborhood be-headings to observe.

Old 12-17-2014, 08:55 AM

823 posts, read 1,125,799 times
I'm sure many of them will be "students" and they will take an interest in learning how to fly commercial airliners.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:01 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,692,068 times
Is it not the Syrian Christians that need relocating? The religious minority in Syria is under constant attack. The Syrian Muslims should go to other Muslim countries....u know to be with other Muslims. There's a long and brutal history of Muslims discriminating and persecuting Christians in Syria.

We should agree to take in the persecuted Syrian Christians.... As they face discrimination and violence daily. Not the Muslims....as they can find other countries better suited for them and their religion.

Last edited by OptimusPrime69; 12-17-2014 at 09:21 AM..

Old 12-17-2014, 09:23 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,242 times
I feel bad for Syria. It was very westernized under Assad. But because of politics, their people have suffered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida