Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2015, 11:00 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,326,350 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have reservations at the Marriott Key West Beachside hotel from June 21st through the 27th. I've been to Key West a few times. Twice in the Spring and once in early August, and I don't know what to expect weather wise or what tourist density will be during this time of year.

What kind of weather and crowds can we expect? Also, if you know specifics of this resort I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2015, 12:12 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,686,375 times
It will be hot and it will be humid.

As far as crowds go? I dont think you'll find it too terribly crowded as June is considered the low season.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:36 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,895,441 times
Agree with the above post. School will be out so you will hit a little more traffic coming down the Keys, but Key West Pride will just have ended, so there should be no major influx of people then.

June

• Average High Temperature: 88° F
  • Average Low Temperature: 79° F
  • Average Precipitation: 4.57 inches

Key West average June sea temperature
Max: 30.1°C / 86.2°F
Avg: 28.5°C / 83.3°F
Min: 27.3°C / 81.1°F

By comparison:
August

• Average High Temperature: 90° F
  • Average Low Temperature: 79° F
  • Average Precipitation: 5.40 inches
March

• Average High Temperature: 79° F
  • Average Low Temperature: 69° F
  • Average Precipitation: 1.86 inches

It will be humid. By that time, it is usually raining once a day, or once every two days. It has not usually reached the point where there is rain 2, or eventually 3 times a day. Keep in mind that hurricane season will have started by then. You will likely be fine, and if caught down here during an evacuation, the hotel will make sure you have all the instructions and help you need. But do check the weather reports before the trip, to be sure you do not need to cancel, or make contingency plans. Even if a hurricane does not hit, a tropical storm might brush by and dump buckets of rain - Key West is so close to Caribbean nations that DO get hit by hurricanes in June, so they often have related weather without the real storm. Many years June goes by with no trouble at all, and in fact pretty dry the whole month.

You'll probably have a great time, if you know what to expect there.

Old 01-13-2015, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfishKey View Post
You'll probably have a great time, if you know what to expect there.
Absolutely. Can't wait!

Old 01-14-2015, 06:26 AM

3,930 posts, read 6,440,025 times
We have been down in that time, crowds are less due to the 'heat'. It can be oppressive due to the humidity, so plan on an afternoon around the pool, etc.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:17 PM

We got back Sunday from Key West, and we had a great time. Thank you to everyone that commented on my thread. The weather was pretty much low to high 80s and the humidity was high. The only time I was hot though was if I was stuck with no shade. We did hit the beaches in the morning and stayed around the hotel in the afternoons. The crowds in old town were very manageable, but still lively enough to be fun. I loved the resort, and the shuttle to downtown old town was really a nice perk that we took full advantage of. It never did rain while we were there; although, it was overcast a few times. The day we went snorkeling we had visibility of around 50 to 60 feet which was incredible. All in all, it was a perfect vacation.

Old 06-29-2015, 02:19 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,689,105 times
So glad you enjoyed your trip, sounds like a lot of fun!!

Old 11-07-2018, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemodeled View Post
So glad you enjoyed your trip, sounds like a lot of fun!!
Thank you Icemodeled. Repped you way back then but didn't quote you.

We're going back during the week of May 19th next year, and I'm hoping it will be slightly cooler. Looking forward to a return visit. We're staying in a different resort this time, but they also have a shuttle into Old Town. We're doing something we've never done before which is flying directly into Key West and not even bothering with a rental car, we walked the island a lot the last time we were there. I figure between the shuttle, walking, and hanging at the resort's beach we will have plenty to do. Can't wait! Key West is such a blast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: