Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 08:13 PM

85 posts, read 566,891 times

Advertisements

Can you tell me where the perfect place to live in Florida would be and why you think it would be the best place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 08:30 PM

78 posts, read 184,705 times
Default What are you looking for?

Florida is so different from city to city. Can you specify what you're looking for essentially? I live in super-diverse, liberal and technologically advanced Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area, but I have friends in Ocala that say it's all-white, backwards, farm living where many don't even have the internet. Some areas are totally rural and maintain the feel of "the South". Whereas the most southern parts of Florida are very metropolitan with a Caribbean flair. Other cities revolve completely around the colleges or universities that are there. If you're looking for seasons, don't go below Jacksonville. If you're looking for brutally hot and humid most of the year, every place else should suit you. People say the west coast is less populated and has a slower pace with more affordable houses. The east coast is a little more crowded, urban, and expensive. It's beautiful here in Ft. lauderdale. The sky is crystal clear every single day and there are beautification projects all along the streets. But, honestly, if I went back in time, I wouldn't have moved down here from Brooklyn. It's just too freakin' hot for me. Expect an 85 degree Christmas every year and the inability to keep any door or screen open for more than 2 seconds in the summer lest your house be filled with mosquitoes.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:30 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Young or old? Single or married? Children? Male or female? Gay or straight? Liberal, conservative, libertarian, or somewhere in between?

Old 01-07-2008, 08:42 PM

120 posts, read 461,319 times
lol do me compelled to reply

I am young, single, no children, male, strait, somewhere in between and I like bigger cities

Old 01-07-2008, 08:44 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
I think it depends on the person. I LOVE living in Florida and hope to visit South Florida. South Beach sounds like a fun place but I couldn't live there.

I HAVE to have peace and quiet, the constant traffic would be too much for me in a place like South Florida. Altamonte Springs makes me a little nuts when I go down there, never mind something like Miami.

Everyone is different, it depends on what your looking for.

Some people can't stand tourists, I enjoy talking with them. If you hate tourists, Orlando probably isn't the place for you. While I don't care for the elderly when their driving in the car in front of me, I do enjoy chatting with them, some people can't stand all the retirees, another thing to take into consideration when looking for a place to live.

South Florida has ALOT of people from the Northeast, if you don't like people from that area, then South Florida might not be the place for you.

I like the peace and quiet of Mount Dora myself. Its very wide open and old fashioned. Big enough to not be stepping over your neighbor but small enough to feel cozy. Soon with the extension of 417 it will be MORE accessible to Orlando AND with that the prices will go up and the nature of the place could change.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:57 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times
Will ALWAYS say St Augustine when this question is asked... Perfect blend of youth, nightlife, history, beach, lighthouse.....

Best town in Florida IMO...

Old 01-07-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post
Will ALWAYS say St Augustine when this question is asked... Perfect blend of youth, nightlife, history, beach, lighthouse.....

Best town in Florida IMO...
I haven't been there yet but I look forward to it. I love history and I hear its the oldest town in Florida with lots of old buildings and reports of ghosts.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I haven't been there yet but I look forward to it. I love history and I hear its the oldest town in Florida with lots of old buildings and reports of ghosts.
The shopping and dining are great too...... It's not cool for a guy to say, but they are....

Old 01-08-2008, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post
The shopping and dining are great too...... It's not cool for a guy to say, but they are....
See, you are in touch with your feminine side. I'm SO proud of you.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
See, you are in touch with your feminine side. I'm SO proud of you.
Hey, shopping is cool so long as you have the money to do it.... There's "manly" things to buy there.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida