Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2006, 07:36 PM

26 posts, read 144,676 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
Can any of you give me some insight on the New Tampa area? We were in Tampa this past week looking at possible areas to move to but were just not that impressed with what we saw in Dunedin, Safety Harbor and Carrollwood. My husband will be working by the airport and we are aware that the traffic is pretty bad on Bruce B. Downs but how bad is it at 6am? Also, are there certain subdivisions we should highly consider/stay away from? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2006, 07:51 PM

71 posts, read 272,867 times
At 6 am you can motor easily, so New Tampa is a good option. Working by the airport you may want to focus on the north part of New Tampa near SR56 for the quicker commute down I275. We live the next exit up the freeway in Wesley Chapel and we like this area alot.

Welcome to Florida. Kona

Old 11-05-2006, 07:55 AM

49 posts, read 282,665 times
Ambyr,
As I have mentioned before, my husband and I moved to New Tampa from NH in 2004, with our 3 children, and have never regretted our move. We absolutely love New Tampa. For such a large population, it is a rather close-knit community. Families are very involved with their children's schooling. All of the New Tampa schools have very strong PTA involvement. Sports and extra curricular activities are abundant. Most of the communities offer their own amenities and there are several nice golf courses in the area. My children adjusted very easily and have made many good friends. Traffic, at times, is congested but never to the extent that I have experienced up north. If you time your commute right, driving time is not a problem. Good luck with your move and your decision.

Old 11-05-2006, 11:37 AM

50 posts, read 122,206 times
a commute just about anywhere at 6am is not a problem...but I guess you heard about the traffic, rolling roadblocks on BBD...awful !.....even though you're in NT, I owned my house is WestChase....boy what a nightmare particularly going home in the afternoon !!!!!!!!........SOLD it !....lol

Old 11-06-2006, 05:37 AM

198 posts, read 959,552 times
Just remember, that they recently started the SR60/veterans/airport entrance improvment, and at this time there are no major traffic problems, thats not to say the DOT wont create one soon. The project started last summer and wont be done until 2010.
I drive through this area everyday @6:20 and most days its a speed limit drive, although the traffic is starting to get build. Below is the website for the project if you want more info:

http://www.tbinterstates.com/content...D=72&RoadID=11

Old 11-06-2006, 09:27 AM

4,948 posts, read 18,692,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambyr View Post
Hi everyone,
Can any of you give me some insight on the New Tampa area? We were in Tampa this past week looking at possible areas to move to but were just not that impressed with what we saw in Dunedin, Safety Harbor and Carrollwood. My husband will be working by the airport and we are aware that the traffic is pretty bad on Bruce B. Downs but how bad is it at 6am? Also, are there certain subdivisions we should highly consider/stay away from? Thanks!
seven oaks is a new development which is near 56. I also saw a sign yesterday, about a development called the walk which will soon be starting to be built.

Old 11-06-2006, 10:18 AM

7 posts, read 21,476 times
We've lived in New Tampa for over 4 years now. Its a great area IMO. New Tampa actually is partially located in Hillsborough County and Pasco County - important in regards to the different school systems. Also, property taxes will vary. We have two children in elementary schools and have been impressed with the schools/teachers/etc. We are in Hillsborough.

Commuting on Bruce B Downs/I-75 can be trying in the mornings between 7 and 8:30, but if you get out before 7 or so its not too bad, even to the airport area. They are scheduled to widen BBD beginning in 2008 all through the New Tampa area.

I can't really say that there are any subdivisions to "avoid.' Some are gated communities with higher HOA fees, some have great amenities like pools with water slides, some just have regular old olympic sized pools. Some offer schools within the subdivisions, and some don't. Some are older with lots of nice trees and shade - some are new with no trees (young trees). You'd just have to drive around and look for yourself. Although I think the oldest subdivision in the New Tampa area was built in the mid-80s. Hardly old homes, but there is a mix of housing, including apartments and condos.

Hope that helps!

Old 11-06-2006, 01:44 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,692,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambyr View Post
Hi everyone,
FYI if you look in New Tampa, Pasco county check forst to see if you can get
insurance, why, because it is very difficult. I was told some people are buying then when they go to closing, the insurance price is more than they can afford to pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida