Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 09:37 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,296,453 times

Advertisements

You can't be serious that things are limited to just a section. Maybe during the day when it is sunny, but after that, the drunks hit the bars and restaurants, which are interspersed throughout the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 10:13 AM

506 posts, read 423,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
We won't expect to see you there then, thank God.
The possibility of my presence at such a lame event would be remote at best, so please feel free to stand around yelling "spring break, woooo" while listening to bubblegum music and consuming hillbilly Bud Light until you pass out, I will not spoil your so-called fun.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:26 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,861,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
You can't be serious that things are limited to just a section. Maybe during the day when it is sunny, but after that, the drunks hit the bars and restaurants, which are interspersed throughout the area.
Dead serious, the bars are pretty much limited to the South Thomas Drive area, at least the biggest and most popular. The area I'm speaking of is about a 2-3 mile strip, certainly a place to avoid, day or night.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:43 AM

3,455 posts, read 4,784,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
You are certainly overstating the wildness of spring break, probably because you were intoxicated the entire time, which I find extremely sad. The reality is that "spring break" is just a bunch of morons standing around making "wooo" noises while drinking their white trash Bud Light, passing out and then waking up the next day with a hangover convinced that yesterday was a wild and fun time.

The OP should avoid Panama City during this time of year because the city is filled with extremely annoying and boring people.
I think you probably need to look at the recent headline news stories from Panama City Beach spring break. There have been two recent headline stories. One involved Mississippi State football players including their quarterback Dak Presscott. They were beaten up pretty badly by a bunch of inner city thugs. The other day their were multiple people shot and severely injured in a huge fight that resulted in gun fire. The common theme here is inner city thugs.

From what I understand, in recent years there has been more and more of the "thug" crowd showing up in PCB for spring break resulting in large fights and violent crimes including shootings. I think we are probably witnessing the end of spring break in PCB. I don't see how they can stop what has been developing recently without it ending in the police being accused of racial profiling. They will most likely just start clamping down on all spring break activity. We are likely to see spring break begin to migrate to another beach because the suburbian college girls aren't going to go where they fear they may be shot and killed and as soon as they start going elsewhere, the suburbian college boys will follow.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:13 PM

647 posts, read 1,655,044 times
For the record, we had a great time. Tonight is our last night here. Last Sat. was a bad night out in the town, but all the thugs left for the week and it was great. Tonight (Friday) again it is bad, but the cops seem to be staked out every 100 yards or so. We stayed at the Long Beach resort and didn't have any problems with anything. I do agree with Dijkstra's post, I think the end of PCB spring break will be coming to an end or will be diminished greatly. There is no drinking on the beach anymore until the 18th and there's talk of it becoming permanent next year. Anyway, a great time was had by all.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:40 AM

1 posts, read 530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
I'm very familiar with the Sunbird, it is right in the middle of Spring Break Central. If you are going be very careful on what unit you pick, quite a few in that area have been trashed so many times by Spring Breakers they have just given up trying to keep them up. Make sure what ever unit you pick has up to date pictures and reviews. Honestly as an adult I would not stay in that area on a bet during Spring Break.
I agree.. I have been there when spring break was going on when was younger.. It is wild... A few years ago they restricted drinking on the beach during that time..because a young woman was raped by a group of guys while all the beach goers were in a circle watching, cheering it on and videoing it.. But if you do go.. Be very cautious.. Any other time is better... It's still fun but not as wild... I agree with gulf coast or Pensacola being a more family oriented town.. But I have been multiple times to PCB other times and it is the best place on earth.. I always stay at the Seychelles condo.. It is away from all excitement in town.. But schooners is always a blast to go to.. Which is right next door.. And family oriented as well.. Hope this has helped.. Not to sound like such a downer.. I hope you enjoy your trip.. And God Bless..

Old 01-28-2016, 03:43 PM

1,437 posts, read 2,553,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
"that's what I like about going to spring break, I keep getting older, while the girls stay the same age, yes they do, yes they do"

lol family guy reference
which referenced "dazed and confused" Matthew McConnahay's break out role... I was Wooderson for Halloween one year

Old 01-28-2016, 03:46 PM

1,437 posts, read 2,553,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
My concern is getting in and out of that area flying non-rev. I think it will be pretty impossible.

I would try to fly into Dothan or Montgomery, Alabama and rent a car and drive in.

That's Easter Week. The busiest week of the year in Florida.

Even flying to Atlanta and driving in wouldn't be bad and you could definitely, eventually get in and out of Atlanta.
Yep... My Grandfather retired from American Airlines and we used to get Non-rev tickets, especially with multiple people flying... Get ready to get bumped around the holidays especially into a smaller airport like Panama City. We flew from SFO to JAX with connection in MIA we ended up having to rent a car to drive home, because the flights from MIA to JAX were booked solid all day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida