Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 12:47 AM

1,377 posts, read 4,195,321 times

Advertisements

I don't know about you all but I wish it were cooler than 80. I'm so sick of it feeling like Spring already. At least like in the 60's or something would be much better. This is getting so old now.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:12 AM
LM1

833 posts, read 990,142 times
People don't realize how essential the four seasons can be to their natural life cycle until they move to Florida and only get two seasons- Summer 1, Summer 2, Summer 3 and Autumn.

It's understandable that old people waiting to die would want as many sunny days as possible, given that their time left here on earth is limited and the more days you get on the shuffleboard court, the better, but for the younger, more vibrant types, the presence of four distinct seasons adds a spice to life that's much more profound than the "warm winters" all these people keep paying for.

Give me the seasons. All of them. If you are just so averse to snow that you cannot take it anymore, by all means, move to Florida. Not me, brother... Winter makes my blood flow thick. I love the stuff. I love shoveling it, I love trudging through it on my way to work, I love it when it goes in my boots and freezes my toes... I love when it's whipping so hard that each little flake pelts your face like a BB, I love catching it on my tongue, I love it when it envelops the whole world around me and defines everything that everyone does.

I happen to find snow quite invigorating. If I were 80 years old, I think I would much rather spend my final days in the snow than decaying on a beach somewhere.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:37 AM

60 posts, read 211,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM1 View Post
People don't realize how essential the four seasons can be to their natural life cycle until they move to Florida and only get two seasons- Summer 1, Summer 2, Summer 3 and Autumn.

It's understandable that old people waiting to die would want as many sunny days as possible, given that their time left here on earth is limited and the more days you get on the shuffleboard court, the better, but for the younger, more vibrant types, the presence of four distinct seasons adds a spice to life that's much more profound than the "warm winters" all these people keep paying for.

Give me the seasons. All of them. If you are just so averse to snow that you cannot take it anymore, by all means, move to Florida. Not me, brother... Winter makes my blood flow thick. I love the stuff. I love shoveling it, I love trudging through it on my way to work, I love it when it goes in my boots and freezes my toes... I love when it's whipping so hard that each little flake pelts your face like a BB, I love catching it on my tongue, I love it when it envelops the whole world around me and defines everything that everyone does.

I happen to find snow quite invigorating. If I were 80 years old, I think I would much rather spend my final days in the snow than decaying on a beach somewhere.

Yep, gotta love Chicago winters......all 7 months of it!

Old 01-09-2008, 05:36 AM

172 posts, read 854,354 times
very tired of this...

i shouldnt be sweating from a walk through the parking lot to my car in the middle of january.

last week was such a tease...

Old 01-09-2008, 06:06 AM

60 posts, read 211,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromedome View Post
very tired of this...

i shouldnt be sweating from a walk through the parking lot to my car in the middle of january.

last week was such a tease...

Thats why I love the Interstate system.....they run north as well as south!

Old 01-09-2008, 06:50 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,250,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgt View Post
Thats why I love the Interstate system.....they run north as well as south!
Yeah, and people with jobs can just drive up from Florida to Pennsylvania on a whim with no fear of consequences...

Old 01-09-2008, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgt View Post
Yep, gotta love Chicago winters......all 7 months of it!

Yeah, Chicago has some nasty winters, but it makes you appreciate the other three seasons.... Florida weather is like sucking on one of those cinnamon "Fireballs" candies... It's excruciatingly hot, then it gives you a slight break, then it's excruciatingly hot again (lather rinse repeat...).

Old 01-09-2008, 07:19 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,330,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
I don't know about you all but I wish it were cooler than 80. I'm so sick of it feeling like Spring already. At least like in the 60's or something would be much better. This is getting so old now.
And you weren't aware of this before you moved to Orlando and purchased a house?

Old 01-09-2008, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
And you weren't aware of this before you moved to Orlando and purchased a house?
As has been stated.... Sometimes one doesn't realize how tiring it can get month in and month out until they actually experience it.....

Kind like people who move from Florida to the snowbelt!!!

Old 01-09-2008, 07:31 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,330,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post
As has been stated.... Sometimes one doesn't realize how tiring it can get month in and month out until they actually experience it.....

Kind like people who move from Florida to the snowbelt!!!
I guess it kind of makes more sense to spend a little time here before you make the mistake of purchasing a house and committing like that.

I visited here several times and then moved here and rented long before I made the commitment of buying a house. I rented my house out in Texas until I was sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida