Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2015, 03:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,018 times

Advertisements

I believe there is valid points to this law suit of over charging. Another aspect is payment extensions. When I was staying in Hollywood FLORIDA, I was given payment extensions with no problem. Now that I have moved to Miramar I find that FPL treats the citizens here differently. Payment extensions are now routed to an automatic system, and although we owe as little as $63.00 out of $289.00 FPL turned off our lights! To add insult to injury: When we paid it that day after 4:00pm we had to wait the next day for electricity in spite of! FPL appear to have discriminatory methods in dealing with customers depending on what neighborhood you live in. If this is added to the law suit inquiry from others who just moved in the area about their experience prior to compare to their FPL experience current in MIRAMAR FLORIDA should be looked into.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 06:24 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,166,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuthD View Post
I believe there is valid points to this law suit of over charging. Another aspect is payment extensions. When I was staying in Hollywood FLORIDA, I was given payment extensions with no problem. Now that I have moved to Miramar I find that FPL treats the citizens here differently. Payment extensions are now routed to an automatic system, and although we owe as little as $63.00 out of $289.00 FPL turned off our lights! To add insult to injury: When we paid it that day after 4:00pm we had to wait the next day for electricity in spite of! FPL appear to have discriminatory methods in dealing with customers depending on what neighborhood you live in. If this is added to the law suit inquiry from others who just moved in the area about their experience prior to compare to their FPL experience current in MIRAMAR FLORIDA should be looked into.
Payment extensions? Never heard of that from any city I lived in. You are outraged at a company for expecting you to pay your bill on time?
Put the shoe on the other foot.
You go to work all month and then the company you work for says...".oops we don't have the money to pay you the whole amount so we will pay you 1/4 of what we owe you now and 1/4 for the next 3 weeks". Now they expect you to come in and still work while they are doing this just like FPL supplied additional electricity after the due date. So your hypothetical company ends up owing you more that they don't have the money to pay you while in the catch up mode. Bet you would not like it either. But that is what you are expecting FPL to do for you. They have no quarantee that you will be able to pay the next months bill plus what you already are in arrears for. Makes sense to turn it off so you won't owe even more that you might not be able to pay on time.
I once had my water turned off because I sent in $101, and the bill was $102. On the 16th day after the due day they cut it off without notifying me that I still owed $1. I had never been late before and had even gotten my deposit back for paying on time for 1 year so I had to pay a higher deposit and the $1 to get the water turned back on. I owed money after the 15th day so it was automatic shut off.

Old 02-04-2015, 09:04 PM

823 posts, read 1,124,979 times
Pay your bill in full, before the due date, (I pay mine online, so I'm never late) and you won't have any issues with FPL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida