Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2015, 05:59 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,620,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrodome2 View Post
Which are doing better economically, which have the most poverty and crime. Have you looked at Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, West Virginia? For once, I'd like those red states to stop taking from the blue states. Look at the dollars returned from the Federal government for each state. Note that most of the blue states get far less back and most of the red states far more. I come from an area that gets about 69 cents for every dollar it sends to Washington. I'd like to see all those supposedly well run red states live on what they collect and leave some of that money we send to them home to fix the damn roads and infrastructure!
Talk about redistributing wealth. You would think the conservative politicians in these red states would be against this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 06:23 PM

486 posts, read 996,465 times
Thats why they are such a joke.

Old 03-25-2015, 06:44 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,186,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
Talk about redistributing wealth. You would think the conservative politicians in these red states would be against this.
Believe me it infuriates me to no end. This is my pet peeve and you'll see other posts where I get on my soapbox. Conservatives want to talk about those big bad liberal states and cities being so irresponsible, but if we didn't have to send all our money to their states, we could fix our own states and cities. Well run my *ss- they're the takers.

OK- Off soapbox now.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:15 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrodome2 View Post
Which are doing better economically, which have the most poverty and crime. Have you looked at Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, West Virginia? For once, I'd like those red states to stop taking from the blue states. Look at the dollars returned from the Federal government for each state. Note that most of the blue states get far less back and most of the red states far more. I come from an area that gets about 69 cents for every dollar it sends to Washington. I'd like to see all those supposedly well run red states live on what they collect and leave some of that money we send to them home to fix the damn roads and infrastructure!
see post #178.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:19 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,186,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
see post #178.
If the states had more money they could support the cities- see post #183

Old 03-26-2015, 12:39 PM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
7 of the top 10 with the highest unemployment are red.
8 of the top 10 with the highest poverty are red.
7 of the top 10 with the most violent crimes per capita are red.
10 of the top 10 with the greatest percentage of uninsured persons are red.

I don't want a "conservative" wonderland anymore than I want a "liberal" wonderland. And the representatives of either ideology matter very little, as the ruling class works for themselves and not for you and I in the first place. When more people wake up to that fact, then maybe we'll see some change.
This illustrates further..

Old 04-12-2015, 05:57 AM

1,288 posts, read 2,892,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Still searching for a progressive area in Florida. Any input on this? I believe someone mentioned Gulfport in the St Petersburg area but unsure. Thanks.
Stay out of Marion County -- it's deep-blood-red. Parts of it are represented by Ted Yoho, so that should give you an idea of the political mindset.

Old 04-12-2015, 05:58 AM

1,288 posts, read 2,892,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Especially if one takes away the gerrymandered re-districting.
Amen.

Old 04-12-2015, 07:58 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
So that would be around Homestead?

Miami seemed to be heavily Cuban/Hispanic and not particularly friendly, I don't know much about surrounding areas. I have relatives in Ft Lauderdale and Boca Raton but they are pretty conservative people so I don't think that's the spot.
If you claim to be political and think that FT Lauderdale and Boca are conservative just because of your relatives, then you are not really a political person.

Frankel and Wasserman Shultz are the Congresspersons there, FFS. You can't get much more PROGRESSIVE than that unless you want to live in Sander's VT. district.

Debbie even has the TAXPAYERS paying for two police officers to carry her bags through the airport.

It's funny how you don't want to live with Cubans/Hispanics but support open borders flooding the country with indigent, uneducated and unskilled illegals.

Just sayin.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:24 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,620,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Debbie even has the TAXPAYERS paying for two police officers to carry her bags through the airport.J
Why don't you cut the s***!

This isn't the first time you've brought this non-incident up. A deputy offers a kind gesture and you turn into this garbage? Get a life!!!

Just saying.

Republican sees red over deputy carrying Democrat's bag - tribunedigital-sunsentinel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida