Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2015, 07:25 PM

3 posts, read 2,793 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for any ideas or suggestions on where to move in Fl. It's just me and my son and I have been thinking about Coral springs or Plantation just based on reading reviews about these areas as being good to raise a family. I have never been to Florida but I hope to check it out in April. Here is kind of what I am looking for:

1. Good school district
2. Low crime/safe
3. Hospital/ healthcare jobs
4. 30 mins to a hour from a beach
5. Kid friendly

I really appreciate any help or feedback I am ready for change in my life. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 08:41 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
Florida is a pretty diverse state and probably has a dozen markets that meet your criteria to one degree or another. Your best bet might be to start making potential job contacts; perhaps through NY companies that have operations in Florida. Once you start to narrow down markets where your best career opportunities lie, you will be ready to start narrowing things down to those areas offering the 'best' of your other criteria.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:44 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,790,135 times
Coral Springs is nice but here are some random suggestions Port Orange, Oviedo, Jupiter, Weston, Longwood, Winter Park, Coconut Creek, Pembroke Pines and Miami Lakes.

Old 02-28-2015, 05:39 AM

I will try to find NY based job contacts and also look at those other areas. Never moved out of state before so i'm a little overwhelmed on where/how to start all this.

Old 02-28-2015, 06:18 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,218,285 times
Depending upon what part of the health field you are in, you might consider putting your Resume together and start mailing it out to the different hospitals in the area you are interested in. I know several nurses, doctors, x-ray techs that mailed their Resumes out and had a job offer before they moved down.

When my daughter graduated college with her RN degree, she and 3 of her fellow graduates took a trip to Fort Lauderdale to celebrate their graduation. Only 2 of them went back, the other 2 were hired at a local hospital. All 4 of them were offered jobs. I'm not sure if the market is just as hot for the medical field, but you have nothing to lose but stamps!!!

Old 02-28-2015, 07:09 AM

86 posts, read 222,043 times
What part of NY are you from? I am in Buffalo. We are planning on moving down after the kids graduate from High School(About 5-6 years). We have visited Florida very often in the past and enjoy the Winterhaven/Lakeland area. It is right in the middle between Orlando and Tampa. Schools will not be very good compared to NY which is why we are waiting to go down. But, if it were up to me, I would be down there now. I have also been looking at the OCALA area which looks very nice. But, I have never been there.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:26 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojochan3l View Post
I'm looking for any ideas or suggestions on where to move in Fl. It's just me and my son and I have been thinking about Coral springs or Plantation just based on reading reviews about these areas as being good to raise a family. I have never been to Florida but I hope to check it out in April. Here is kind of what I am looking for:

1. Good school district
2. Low crime/safe
3. Hospital/ healthcare jobs
4. 30 mins to a hour from a beach
5. Kid friendly

I really appreciate any help or feedback I am ready for change in my life. Thanks!
Brevard county....specifically viera, satellite beach, indialantic, Indian harbour beach

Old 02-28-2015, 09:30 AM

732 posts, read 969,135 times
I used to work in Plantation for two years. I liked it a great deal.

It is all about jobs, are you looking more in academic healthcare like a tertiary care medical center or what kind of job in the healthcare field?

Old 02-28-2015, 11:18 AM

I live in Rochester NY. Right now I am a nurse manager at a assisted living but I want to go to a hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida