U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 10:14 PM

34 posts, read 127,197 times

Advertisements

umm are there homes in FL for under 50K? I'm all for portability for the exempt. You shouldnt be drilled on property taxes because you have to move from one home in FL to another and lose your exemption. I'm currently being shafted for $7100 a year in Alachua County so any change looks good to me!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 09:04 AM

200 posts, read 851,523 times
[quote=wacahootaman;2553209]In Alachua county, they got over 120 million dollars in increased property tax revenue during 3 years of the real estate bubble yet cry doomsday if they are forced to cut 7 million from their budget.

That is exactly what has me outraged. I don't recall ever hearing that there was not enough funding to pay for services before the real estate boom. This is beyond frustrating.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:27 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,172,189 times
You put a Bush into the Whitewash House and another in the Florida misState house. One triples the national deficit accumulated over the entire life span of our country in 6 yrs or less and the other one doubles or triples your property taxes in 3-4 yrs. Dem boys likes spendin your money,... and your children's.

Oil prices go from $20.00 a barrel to $120.0, Food prices skyrocket, and you are all losing your homes or at least their values. Ya bought into the get rich stupid scam, borrowed above your means to live beyond your means, and are now getting burned for it,... and it is just starting.... Watch.... Forrest Gump said it right... "Stupid is....

Ya all got Bush Whacked.

Yet,... ya keep on puttin dem greedy ignorant fool repubicans backs in. Like they gonna help ya or sumpin?... Yeah, if yous rich.... More tax cuts for the wealthy.

Can you spell impeach.... (no, not a fruit), ...or recall...(no, not an auto).

VOTE THEM ALL OUT!

Humm.... NO wonder they call it Floriduh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida