Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 12:27 AM

975 posts, read 3,731,074 times

Advertisements

what a daunting tale--I hope there won't be a quiz on it later.
I take your point as that walmart has achieved awfulness on an exponential level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy View Post
First off the Walmart in my area is filthy - any time of day or night. The carts are filled with trash and unrecognizable decaying foods. The floors have trash all under foot, hiding in corners & under floor level shelves. From the second you walk in your blood starts to boil because you really don't want to be there. Okay, try & make the best of it. Can't get through three aisles with one because of ablocked cart in the middle with a child sitting in it (crying). The parent I realized was an aisle away all the way at the other end. Now I'm feeling for this abandoned crying kid. I won't move the cart for fear of being accused of kidnapping the child so I just turn around & go the other way. The mother comes back & starts hitting the child , I guess for crying. That did it for me I now want to leave as fast as possible. I hit the produce section where people were eating the fruit, etc and disposing of the pits on the floor. I can't take it anymore & go to check out my few items and almost get run over by ( no not a scooter ) but the kids wearing the sneakers with wheels - basically roller skates. Finally I get to the check out lane and wait, & wait & wait while watching my frozen food melt before my very eyes. The person in line before me is now on his 4th credit card because the others were topped out. Okay, I'm next - finally. Uh wait a minute, someone just cut infront of me. I complain & the cashier says " It's okay, It's okay. She checked out a little while ago & forgot something so she just needs to pay for this. I walked away mumbling under my breath & vowed I will never go back when they build some other stores here. I have been to a few other Walmarts that are better but they are few and far between.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:12 AM

93 posts, read 182,562 times
Hmmm, it's probably more of the area you live in and not entirely Wal-Marts fault, they are not responsible for the actions of their customers (to an extent) like the woman hitting her child.

If you go to a good Wally-World, it's good. If you go to a bad one... it's horrid.

Over all, however, Targe't p0wns life.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:26 AM

4 posts, read 8,619 times
Default that sux

You will find rude people everywhere you go,Most people are generally nice,But there are a few that have the Adam's Family Syndrome,hehe,
Dont let them get the best of you,Give em a smile and move on,Hopefully the other people,Will take lessons from you,If not then,Stand your ground..
Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedAChange View Post
Before I moved down here to Florida I'd never been to a Walmart. Going recently several times, I found the other customers here both oblivious and rude--blocking the aisles and not saying "excuse me" when appropriate. Many of the customers were elderly. I also noticed a phenomenon of seemingly able-bodied people riding around on walmart-provided scooters instead of just walking like a normal person while they shopped. Is this a Florida thing or a Walmart thing? I don't intend to go there anymore, but I just wondered.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:29 AM

Default clean

If you feel that Walmart image is not up where it should be,Walmart main office is located in Bentonville,Arkansas Im sure the Big wigs of Walmart will be glad to hear your input,Give em a call,
Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedAChange View Post
what a daunting tale--I hope there won't be a quiz on it later.
I take your point as that walmart has achieved awfulness on an exponential level

Old 01-20-2008, 11:35 AM

Default low wages

It seems in this country,wages have went down hill,It's due to the fact,People who are not legal to work and live in the USA,And it seems most companies have got greedy,And i dont have majority of the vote,But George Bush and the washington gangsters have really made a mess of this country.Like the song says,,Are we rolling down hill like a snow ball headed for Hell?
Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
I stopped shopping there a long time ago because of things like that. Even the employees are worse. But what do you expect for low wages?

Old 01-20-2008, 11:42 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
All the Walmarts that I've visited in Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, and Texas are okay in my book. Prices aren't bad. Good selection. Staff are competent and pleasant. Must be where you live.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:51 AM

Default scams

Its sad that the hard working people of our country cant afford Health insurance,And if you do have insurance and you get sick,Insurance companies tell you what doctor you can see And what medicine you can take,And if you dont have insurance,Then you suffer from sickness,And same way with life insurance,You pay your dues and then when you pass away,Insurance companies find a way to not pay up..

Old 01-20-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraun View Post
It seems in this country,wages have went down hill,It's due to the fact,People who are not legal to work and live in the USA,And it seems most companies have got greedy,And i dont have majority of the vote,But George Bush and the washington gangsters have really made a mess of this country.Like the song says,,Are we rolling down hill like a snow ball headed for Hell?
Immigration has nothing to do with the wages, it's called a recession.

They just got greedy? The whole point of capitalism and indeed, the American "dream" is to make money, even if it is at the expense of others.

This country was a mess from the start. It was supposed to be a Republic, not a democracy. So when the statement comes up "what would our founding fathers think?"

The answer is simple, why is the power in the hands of a few and not the people?

I have a song quote, one that better outlines this particular subject.

"Modern globalization,
Coupled with condemnations,
Unnecessary death,
Matador corporations,
Puppeting your frustrations,
With the blinded flag,
Manufacturing consent,
Is the name of the game,
The bottom line is money,
Nobody gives a f---."

"BOOM"; System of a Down

Old 01-20-2008, 03:29 PM

847 posts, read 3,520,480 times
We seem to have gotten away from the Walmart discussion but my question is this, with the presence of Targets everyone, a MUCH better store with the same stuff, why is anyone even going to Walmart anymore? Please do not tell me you anyone is buying food at Walmart, grrrrrooossssss!!!!!
I hear ya about prices at Publix, or an other grocery store for that matter, on things like TP, soap, shampoo, etc. so I go to Target for those things. Actually, Costco is the best place to stock up on those things. But, food, always at the actual grocery store, I have high standards for things I ingest!!
Anyways, I do not think there is anything you can get at Walmart that you can not get at Target. Well, maybe guns and more camping crap, etc.
People, go to Target, much better and better people there, for sure!

Old 01-20-2008, 04:01 PM

Because there is more advertising for Wal-Mart than there is for Target. On top of that it is constantly being engrained into people's minds that Wal-Mart is the cheapest store out there.

It may also be, however, that Wal-Marts really are "right around the corner". They're also as bad as the churches down here for having a store on every other block...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida