Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2015, 10:10 PM

36 posts, read 141,909 times

Advertisements

Hey, everyone! I need some ideas.

i got myself in a mess with Priceline-- i call it 1/2 my fault and 1/2 their fault. I got locked into the Marriott San Destin Courtyard and overpaid by a lot and was able to invoke the best price guarantee so I was able to get 218.00 credited to my credit card. So now the room is like 140 a night for 3 nights, but I'm stuck at this hotel and can't cancel.

Its not on the bay and not on the beach. Its no longer in san destin resort either, so no shuttle busses to baytown wharf or the beach either.

i will have 3 teens (15/15/17) with me and we are used to condo/hotel with gulf front balcony, etc. we are going to make the best of it since we will be in destin area.... Not too shabby. We will use these 3 days to explore since my kids actually don't care for the beach too much. The last few years we have been exploring different beach areas, so its been a while since we have been to destin (maybe 2007 was last time?)

What can I do with these kids? They like piers and wharfs, so I'll bring a fishing pole (2 boys, 1 girl BTW) and since the one fishing will be under 16, ill have to investigate about fishing licenses.

Where is the nearest public beach? I'm going to have to drive everywhere. This means I will skip baytown because Im not going to pay to park (I'm a cheap cheap person lol).

Any ideas on what I can do on the cheap with 3 older teens? Anyone familiar with san destin? Will we be able to even walk in and then take a shuttle to baytown?

I've always been so happy with priceline... And I am now happy with the price but uugh on the location of the hotel.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 08:16 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,828,258 times
Nearest public beaches are Tops'l Hill State Park (supposedly the TDC is paying the state to allow free access this summer) just to the east where 30-A splits off from US 98 and to the west either the area in front of the Majestic Sun condo complex or the public park adjacent to Pompano Joe's restaurant. There are fishing piers in Panama City Beach and at Okaloosa Island near Ft. Walton Beach. Typically your admission to the pier includes a license to fish off that pier.

Yes, you can still get to Baytown. The businesses there can't support themselves on Sandestin traffic alone.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:43 AM

36 posts, read 141,909 times
Thank you! I'll look into topsail. I may sign them up for surf lessons too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida