Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 09:37 PM

30 posts, read 428,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
What dictator in Mexico would you be talking about?
i don't know the names of any of present or past dictators of mexico, but i have heard that mexico is run by a dictatorship.

Last edited by batman; 11-14-2006 at 09:47 PM..

Old 11-14-2006, 09:42 PM

30 posts, read 428,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboosmom View Post
Have you ever been to New Jersey? How do you know that the people there are crooked? Do they walk hunched over??? Do they use a cane?
They want to be left alone? Wouldn't you if your neighbors only used you when they needed something? Or how about when they laugh at the way you talk? Better yet, maybe they don't want to be surrounded by a bunch of people that do not know how to smile and just demand everything their way.
yes, i have been to new jersey (briefly) but have also read some really horrible reviews about new jersey, especially on the website www.rateitall.com. as far as "crooked" is concerned, i do not mean hunched over and walking with a cane, i mean that, from what i have heard and read, new jerseyans are not very nice people, and sadly of course, i live in illinois and illinoisans are, like, totally rude and unfriendly people.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:08 PM

942 posts, read 2,576,880 times
Default Don't generalize

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman View Post
maybe it's because of those crooked illinoisans and new jerseyans that always want to be left alone and want absolutely nothing to do with the community around them that portray people saying "hi" to them as being "rude." also, there are a lot of mexicans and cubans living especially in miami that have had it with the dictators of their home countries making their lives hell on earth, and apparently, not many people like to even give cubans and mexicans a chance to make friends and be happy. i mean, true, illegal immigration is a problem down there, but from my point of view, the far bigger problem that causes illegal immigration is the fact that the countries that the immigrants are coming from are just downright terrible. their former countries are run by very hard dictatorships, many dictators will even massacre anyone who tries to change the government (i am sure you have all heard and read about fidel castro). and those people are just completely tired of living under a dictator, especially one who rules their country with an iron fist. also, it seems that too many people are not thin blooded enough to live down there and never realize that, in fact, on many occasions, july and august are practically hotter in the great plains and in the midwest than in florida.
Born and raised in Illinois from Cuban descendants and now living in Florida I can say with experience that the people in Miami are far ruder than those in the midwest. In Chicago suburbs people say hello to one another as they cross each others paths, try finding that in Kendall (equivalent to a suburb). People here care only for one thing thereselves. I cannot wait to ove from this infested rat hole. Does anyone want to buy a home????

Old 11-14-2006, 10:22 PM

Quote:
yes, i have been to new jersey (briefly) but have also read some really horrible reviews about new jersey, especially on the website www.rateitall.com. as far as "crooked" is concerned, i do not mean hunched over and walking with a cane, i mean that, from what i have heard and read, new jerseyans are not very nice people, and sadly of course, i live in illinois and illinoisans are, like, totally rude and unfriendly people.
Batman...I was born in Chicago and than was raised in Roselle IL (30 yrs) and now live in Miami (6yrs) and am stuck here because I can't sell my house. Let me tell you that people are more professional, courtious and hospitable in the midwest. Before the South of Florida was livable however now with increase in homeownwers insurance and taxes it is downright unbearable.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:26 PM

Default Batman wrong agian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
What dictator in Mexico would you be talking about?

Hi Laura, Batman would be wrong agian...Mexico just had elections and is not under dictatorship. That there goverment is corrupt is a different story. Batman should not make statements that are not true and should probably read some history books and watch the world news.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Batman while your reading reviews on other cities you should probably look up the elections for the presidency that took place in Mexico this year. I beleive it was even contested and they had a recount...that would entitle it to be a democratic country. Corrupt goverment but it is democratic...no dictator.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:32 PM

Default Batman needs to get new information from bat mobile

Quote:
i don't know the names of any of present or past dictators of mexico, but i have heard that mexico is run by a dictatorship.

Current elected President of Mexico Vicente Fox
Newly elected President of Mexico (starts in December) Felipe Calderon

Old 11-14-2006, 10:49 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,047,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confused and relocating View Post
Born and raised in Illinois from Cuban descendants and now living in Florida I can say with experience that the people in Miami are far ruder than those in the midwest. In Chicago suburbs people say hello to one another as they cross each others paths, try finding that in Kendall (equivalent to a suburb). People here care only for one thing thereselves. I cannot wait to ove from this infested rat hole. Does anyone want to buy a home????

Price it low enough and it will sell. If you want out bad enough, price it accrodially. You got it 6 years ago, youd still make profit if you price it to sell. Prices are still dropping so if you dont want to sell now, itll be many, many years for the next bubble.

Old 11-14-2006, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Price it low enough and it will sell. If you want out bad enough, price it accrodially. You got it 6 years ago, youd still make profit if you price it to sell. Prices are still dropping so if you dont want to sell now, itll be many, many years for the next bubble.
I started at 340k (under my area market value) went down to 329k, with 5k towards helping with closing, 35 realtors fees plus 2k realtor bonus when sold. Homes in my subdivision in May-Aug sold at about 375k however last sale in subdivision was mid Oct at 349K. I am guessing with the increase of homeownwers insurances taxes and refinancing ARMS alot of people will be lowering there prices so they get out before they loose there home which puts me in a really tough situation because it brings my value down. I saw a home in my subdivision smaller sq ft not as nice for 299k this would not have happened a few months ago. The market is definatley terriable. Any other suggestions?? Anything helps.

Old 11-15-2006, 02:25 AM

2,909 posts, read 14,047,487 times
How low do you want to go? Another option is renting your house at break-even and waiting several years for the market to rebound. Many people wish they had sold their house last year at the market's peak. Others are trying to get out before the bottom. How large is your house, bed/bath and living square feet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida