Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 08:55 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,416,601 times

Advertisements

Won't happen. There is always talk about splitting up certain states, but it's just talk. We'll stay at 50.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 06:42 AM

299 posts, read 377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Actually, it is mostly about South Florida trying to deal with global warming that is sinking it, and North Florida denying that global warming or even climate change is happening (and the idiot governor not even allowing the words to be uttered out loud). North Florida will not let it happen because South Florida drives the state economically. They'd rather watch it go under.

"They are ignoring South Florida. They are ignoring its environmental problems. The flow of money is still inequitable. We ship a lot of money north that doesn’t come south again," mayor Phillip Stoddard told the Miami Herald. “In my mind (the resolution) is calling really for recognition of the issues down here.”

Same old story as the rest of the country. Science vs. religion, but those with the scientific views are supporting those with the religious views.

South Miami revisits idea of making South Florida the 51st state | Miami Herald

South Florida Wants to Secede From North Florida - US News

Romano: Proposal for state of South Florida simply mirrors reality | Tampa Bay Times
Got news for you. The entire state of Florida was once covered by water, and one day it probably will be again. And there is not a damn thing that anyone can do about it. We could stop emitting "green house gases" today, and not gonna stop it.

Old 07-30-2015, 12:49 PM

5 posts, read 4,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
It mostly comes from very far right on the political spectrum people that are suddenly realizing that the world isn't 100% white nor does it specifically cater to only certain Christians and their beliefs. Things like gay marriage scare them and they see it as an assault on their religion instead of seeing them trying to force THEIR beliefs on everyone else.
Actually, i am pretty sure it is Dade County residents that were pushing at this. You are mixed up.

Old 07-30-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Won't happen. There is always talk about splitting up certain states, but it's just talk. We'll stay at 50.
Ya, apparently it didn't save the photo but in my illustration i gave half the panhandle to georgia and the other half to Al...honestly North FL is 99% more like the neighboring states than Central and South FL. If you didnt catch it yet, it'd still be 50 states and no state names would change. I will try to repost the picture illustrating my thoughts on the matter...

personally, i am annoyed daily by the residents in S-FL. They aren't even from Florida!

Old 07-30-2015, 01:10 PM

Here you go...here is the image....not sure WHY it was removed from the original post. Imgur

Old 07-30-2015, 03:11 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times
this is as likely as the US splitting form Earth.

Old 07-30-2015, 03:12 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carson1812 View Post

personally, i am annoyed daily by the residents in S-FL. They aren't even from Florida!
They aren't, everyone I know including me is from somewhere else.

Old 07-30-2015, 05:06 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
^^ of course! they left for the Carolinas!

Old 07-30-2015, 06:21 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,416,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
^^^ N FL and the panhandle are the best areas of the state. Leave South FL as its own state.

But its not gonna happen, this has been talked about before.
I just wish Jacksonville was more developed and had the proper big city things that other cities of its size do.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:29 AM

469 posts, read 576,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
They aren't, everyone I know including me is from somewhere else.
There was a guy on the NYC forum trying to say that only around 7% of residents in South Florida were from New York and that the whole NYers in SoFlo thing was way over exaggerated.....which told me he never spent a day of his life down there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida