Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 10:09 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,010,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseo1 View Post
Yup and if the "flow" is over the speed limit then its illegal.
If you're not going over the speed limit, that's none of your concern. That's the concern of the people going over the speed limit. What IS your concern is that if someone is coming up behind you, you need to move over. If you can't grasp this simple concept, then you shouldn't be driving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2015, 10:22 AM

422 posts, read 412,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
If you're not going over the speed limit, that's none of your concern. That's the concern of the people going over the speed limit. What IS your concern is that if someone is coming up behind you, you need to move over. If you can't grasp this simple concept, then you shouldn't be driving.
Why should I break the law to accommodate you? that would be like you robbing a bank then asking me to hold some of the money. Cmon son.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:32 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,010,760 times
Quote:
Why should I break the law to accommodate you? that would be like you robbing a bank then asking me to hold some of the money. Cmon son.
What law are you breaking by following the law to move over when someone faster is coming up behind you?

Old 09-04-2015, 12:53 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Quote:
How is getting out of the way of an idiot making u break the law?

Very few LEO's are going to pull you over for 10mph over the speed limit on an interstate. Same for surface roads except the leeway is 5mph over the speed limit. I would be sure to do the limit in school zones though.

The reason flashing hazard lights are illegal is it could make a driver think he has wound up in the "breakdown lane.

Old 09-04-2015, 02:13 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Would you move over if it was YOUR family member they were trying to save?

Old 09-04-2015, 02:13 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
How about FL get better drivers? More important than the move over law is enforcement of keeping slower traffic in the right lanes. That would prevent a lot of road rage and possible accidents.

Not gonna happen. The same bad drivers we have are the same folks who continue to move here. Meanwhile, the normal, patient folks are moving to the Carolinas to get out of here.

Old 09-04-2015, 02:20 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Falcon View Post
I saw someone in the rain, the other day, almost cause an accident because they tried to get out of the right lane fast, because a first responder vehicle was there, so they wouldn't get a Move Over ticket.

And I seen it before.

They need to get rid of this Move Over law. I believe it is causing more accidents, than saving lives.
I agree. There doesn't have to be a law to tell most responsible drivers how to behave in these situations. I mean, even if there weren't a school bus law, I wouldn't drive around a bus letting children off, although that's a good law. Still, once in a while you see an idiot passing a bus with its big red STOP sign out and those people should go to jail. The same people are probably going to ignore the Move Over law and the rest of us will know when it's safe to do so, without worrying about getting a ticket.

Old 09-04-2015, 02:23 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I agree. There doesn't have to be a law to tell most responsible drivers how to behave in these situations. I mean, even if there weren't a school bus law, I wouldn't drive around a bus letting children off, although that's a good law. Still, once in a while you see an idiot passing a bus with its big red STOP sign out and those people should go to jail. The same people are probably going to ignore the Move Over law and the rest of us will know when it's safe to do so, without worrying about getting a ticket.

You probably dont see it much in Asheville. Sadly I've seen it several times down here.

Old 09-04-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
What law are you breaking by following the law to move over when someone faster is coming up behind you?
That's not the law the OP is talking about, is it? The "Move Over" law has nothing to do with going too slowly and getting out of the way of a car in back of you.

Seems as if this thread has taken off in the wrong direction.

Old 09-04-2015, 02:29 PM

What is scary to me is that some posters here, who say they live in Florida, don't even know what the Move Over law is and are arguing about it.

Maybe Florida should retest everyone who has a license. Look at the picture. It's a law specifically targeted at drivers who get too close to disabled vehicles and law enforcement on the side of the road and do not slow down when there's an emergency vehicle with its lights flashing.

[url=http://www.flhsmv.gov/safetytips/moveovertips.htm]DHSMV: Safety First Messages/Move Over Tips[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida