Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 04:33 AM

422 posts, read 408,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
Do you come here just to argue with everything? Criminy. Compared with most of the state, the TAMPA BAY area IS progressive. Learn to comprehend what is written.
nice rebuttle...lol

Tampa is NOT progressive OP, and the 2008 election chart shows were all the minorities in FL live not what areas are 'progressive', Hillsborough county is still very much conservative .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2015, 08:13 AM

6,583 posts, read 4,955,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseo1 View Post
nice rebuttle...lol

Tampa is NOT progressive OP, and the 2008 election chart shows were all the minorities in FL live not what areas are 'progressive', Hillsborough county is still very much conservative .
Are you saying that there are more minorities in Hillsborough than the majority, that would be counterintuitive to say the least. Hillsborough went blue therefore more people voted democrat than not, but according to this new information you bring to the table only minorities are progressive so how can that be mathematically possible even?

Old 09-12-2015, 08:39 AM

4,972 posts, read 7,157,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Are you saying that there are more minorities in Hillsborough than the majority, that would be counterintuitive to say the least. Hillsborough went blue therefore more people voted democrat than not, but according to this new information you bring to the table only minorities are progressive so how can that be mathematically possible even?

I gave up on that guy. Life's too short for splitting hairs on the internet.

Old 09-14-2015, 10:43 AM

745 posts, read 1,573,699 times
St. Pete and Miami.

Old 09-14-2015, 02:00 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,874,888 times
I have a friend who is progressive who moved to St. Pete and she says she does not know what people are talking about that it is progressive. WHERE? She says it is mostly redneck there. She absolutely hates it. She grew up in Miami, and says it is less progressive than Miami, and Miami is not progressive enough for her. She is considering moving to a Northern city. So I think all the people who keep recommending St. Pete as progressive are talking about like one single street, or don't actually know what progressive means because maybe they've never seen it before.

Hands down, come down to the Keys. If you like quiet and water sports, the Upper Keys. If you like loud and more crowded, Key West. Sorry, but I think Marathon is an ugly cesspool, so while more affordable, I would not personally recommend it except as a last resort, given that it has more jobs. Don't come down here if you need a job, though, unless you are able to secure one of the few good ones we have before the move.

No place in Florida is going to be like Boston, obviously. Totally different history, people, cultures, and climate.

If you don't want to go way out to the Keys, try Ft. Lauderdale, which may possibly be the closest in terms of diversity, things to do, having more job opportunities, and somewhat urban feel, plus of course access to a major airport.

Be aware, unlike Boston and the NE area, nowhere in Florida is the capital of intellectual anything. So if that's important to you... People don't move down here to think.

Old 09-14-2015, 03:05 PM

17,455 posts, read 38,845,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfishKey View Post
I have a friend who is progressive who moved to St. Pete and she says she does not know what people are talking about that it is progressive. WHERE? She says it is mostly redneck there. She absolutely hates it. She grew up in Miami, and says it is less progressive than Miami, and Miami is not progressive enough for her. She is considering moving to a Northern city. So I think all the people who keep recommending St. Pete as progressive are talking about like one single street, or don't actually know what progressive means because maybe they've never seen it before.

Hands down, come down to the Keys. If you like quiet and water sports, the Upper Keys. If you like loud and more crowded, Key West. Sorry, but I think Marathon is an ugly cesspool, so while more affordable, I would not personally recommend it except as a last resort, given that it has more jobs. Don't come down here if you need a job, though, unless you are able to secure one of the few good ones we have before the move.

No place in Florida is going to be like Boston, obviously. Totally different history, people, cultures, and climate.

If you don't want to go way out to the Keys, try Ft. Lauderdale, which may possibly be the closest in terms of diversity, things to do, having more job opportunities, and somewhat urban feel, plus of course access to a major airport.

Be aware, unlike Boston and the NE area, nowhere in Florida is the capital of intellectual anything. So if that's important to you... People don't move down here to think.
WTF? St. Pete is NOT redneck....it certainly isn't "progressive" like those obnoxious cities people come from and want Florida to be, but it's pretty laid back and bohemian. I think your friend doesn't know what "redneck" means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida